Doing a Guy's Laundry on the Second Date

Cookiesandough

I would date C&d

See what I mean ^^

I probably would too except Id add a twist... I’d make her wash all my cars on a first date :D

• Like 1

Haven't read the whole thread but I don't think you should have offered to do his laundry. However since you did and you actually took his laundry home I think it was wrong to then not do it. He could have had it done already if you hadn't taken it with you. Maybe he shouldn't have agreed to have you do his laundry but the whole thing was your idea in the first place. He never asked, you offered.

• Like 10

So what is the longest a guy has made it before he gets hit with the Cookies and Dough block / delete hammer?

• Like 8
thefooloftheyear
Haven't read the whole thread but I don't think you should have offered to do his laundry. However since you did and you actually took his laundry home I think it was wrong to then not do it. He could have had it done already if you hadn't taken it with you. Maybe he shouldn't have agreed to have you do his laundry but the whole thing was your idea in the first place. He never asked, you offered.

I think this is the key....

She actually unintentionally gave this guy a major life/personality test....And he failed miserably.....

TFY

• Like 1

As they say in real estate, location, location, location...

Or as we say at loveshack - boundaries, boundaries, boundaries. There are none here.

• Like 3
I think this is the key....

She actually unintentionally gave this guy a major life/personality test....And he failed miserably.....

TFY

If she had offered him once sure but as per her own words she kept insisting on doing his laudry, that's not a test she put him through but a trap.

• Like 5
Cookies where do you find these dorks ?

What state are you in ? Are you in a city where people ride elephants to work ?

I’m only asking because you’re a catch and I’m sure everyone agrees

I would date C&d

Why do the threads make the men fall for cookies??? If I treated guys this badly, I wonder if they'd go crazy over me, too. In a way I think its kinda sweet that you all have this kind of affection for her, but by the end of these threads I always feel like I want to give her a good talking to.

• Like 4

Cookies, the laundry isn't really the issue here.

The issue is you get involved to the extent of a few dates and then find any reason to block and delete out of the blue.

Why do you always run a few dates in?

You can analyse about everything else all you want but that is the part you should be analysing.

• Like 6
Why do the threads make the men fall for cookies??? If I treated guys this badly, I wonder if they'd go crazy over me, too. In a way I think its kinda sweet that you all have this kind of affection for her, but by the end of these threads I always feel like I want to give her a good talking to.

Cookies is really hot, grays. :)) but even I instantly click on her threads because they're just so honest and funny and she's a smart girl despite her own dating mishaps.

Anyway, I agree with some posters that there's a huge difference between doing laundry of someone you're into vs a random date you don't feel anything for yet. I just don't get why you were knsisting, Cookies :D can relate to blurting out an offer to help and instantly regretting it, happened countless times (and I was always super thankful if they wouldn't take it), but insisting... That's something. I think you really need to trace it back and try to figure out why you felt like doing it, what was the reason behind it, since obviously you don't even like this guy so much.

Do you try to self reflect after these things happen? I sometimes feel like you don't draw any conclusions here.

• Like 3
:lmao:

You know, there is something I like about her, too. But she's so insanely self-centered. She's really hurting some of these guys. Im sure some shrug it off but some of them are feeling actually pain over her shenanigans and she seems to have no sense of that or feelings about it at all. It is all 100% about how she feels and she gives absolutely no consideration to how her actions affect them.

I think he threads infuriate me because I've been out there in the same dating pool for the last 3 1/2 years and I've run into quite a few self-centered guys and its a really ****ty thing to have to deal with.

I'm sorry to get heavy about this, cookies, but I feel like nobody has said, in a serious tone, that you are actually hurting people. We all act like its kinda cute and silly and aww, gosh darn, but ffs cookies, these are real guys you're playing with and do you ever care how they feel???

As far as I know, I've never been blocked by anyone, but I'd be really horrified if I went on one date with someone and then they blocked me. I would assume that they thought I was a really toxic or unlikable person. Even if I wasnt that into them that would feel like a harsh rejection.

I couldn't agree more. This may have been a more harmless episode because the guy didn't really have a chance to be attached, but that doesn't mean he wasn't upset. This stuff hurts people. She's described multiple men who pursued her for a while who she chats with, entertains, sets something up, then abruptly blocks/ignores. It may be low-grade cruelty but it's still cruel. If the genders were reversed people would be indignant rather than saying "aww, aren't you adorable".

(There is a surprisingly smart TV show in the US that explores this double standard. The main character has a good heart but she's also extremely manipulative and selfish. The other characters still love her and her drama and think she's just confused. When a male character is introduced as her foil, everyone thinks he's a sociopath.)

Cookies, I like you, but you hurt people. You may have been able to escape the consequences so far, but eventually you're going to wound someone who won't take it well. I hope you're ready.

Edited by lana-banana
  • Like 9
Why don't you ask him to come over to your house and do it himself?

This is a bad idea to have someone she barely knows to know where she lives especially if she lives alone. Cookies who do you live with?

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear
Why do the threads make the men fall for cookies??? .

She's a nice looking woman...It's got nothing to do with these threads...She could run over these guys with her car and they'd say the same thing...

TFY

• Like 2
MaleIntuition

Because she plays video games and does our laundry after one date? ;)

I don’t think cookies treat guys badly when she is with them, they can’t see the 180 coming. But, honestly, the psychology behind this is pretty simple; Cookies struggle isn’t a lack of attractiveness, personality or humour. On the contrary she is indirectly portraying herself as desirable and picky. Add a touch of spontaneity and cuteness, and I think you have your answer.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think cookies is primarily looking for external validation from these guys and they deserve a polite rejection instead of a block out of the blue. But seriously how independent is this guy if he can’t do laundry with one hand..? It’s not brain surgery.

• Like 1
She's a nice looking woman...It's got nothing to do with these threads...She could run over these guys with her car and they'd say the same thing...

TFY

Pretty much that, no mystery here.

• Like 1

As a reminder, personal discussions with or about a member can be conducted via our private message system or other off-forum means. The topic here is regarding a particular dating experience and laundry. Thanks!

• Like 1