Get my stuff back or nah?

Cookiesandough

What should I text him? I left it last Wednesday

Hey <guy’s name>. Could you give me the address to your office? I was hoping to collect my jacket on Monday if that works for you.

On the follow up text, fix up a time that works best for you two.

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic
Hey <guy’s name>. Could you give me the address to your office? I was hoping to collect my jacket on Monday if that works for you.

Excellent!

• Like 2
  • Author
Cookiesandough

I’m gonna do this. Thanks!!

• Like 3
  • Author
Cookiesandough
I think we live in a time when things are a bit too easy, so we almost have to invent drama in order to make it more interesting.

Just get your jacket. It's not like you are lying in a trench and have to face a wall of enemy gunfire to get it.

Sorry, rant over. ☺️

It’s just weird bc he has a gf... and we were like making out heavily a couple days ago. Sorry I didn’t mean to be irreverent to people in war or compare in any way. it’s just so awkward

• Like 1

Honestly..If I were him, I'd want to get your jacket back asap and not be weirded out about you asking how to accomplish that almost impossible task. :p Seriously..just meet up and collect it or send him the $$ for shipping it.

• Like 2
It’s just weird bc he has a gf... and we were like making out heavily a couple days ago.

Agree, it's weird. Best you dodged that bullet . .

doh, back to war analogies! ?

• Like 3
  • Author
Cookiesandough

I texted him “I want my jacket. Could I swing by tomorrow and collect it and you can bring it out to me or I could order a shipping label” No response. Do you guys really think that he is going to keep my jacket? I’m so po’d. That’s dirty

He thinks he’s going to give my jacket to his GF he has another thing coming

• Like 2
  • Author
Cookiesandough

If he wants to play that way. If you want to keep my $180 jacket. I can get ratchet as well. How about I message to GF and tell him the girl who spent Valentine’s Day the day before they got together would like her jacket back from her boyfriend. Maybe she will give it to me. So mad right now. If I didn’t feel bad for this girl I would.

• Like 1
I texted him “I want my jacket. Could I swing by tomorrow and collect it and you can bring it out to me or I could order a shipping label” No response. Do you guys really think that he is going to keep my jacket? I’m so po’d. That’s dirty

He thinks he’s going to give my jacket to his GF he has another thing coming

:lmao: Give the guy some time. It's sat night and he's probably out with his facebook official girlfriend. :D I'd be surprised if he keeps it..I hope he doesn't,but kinda hope he does, in a sick way,so I can watch it unfold on here. ;)

• Like 2
  • Author
Cookiesandough
:lmao: Give the guy some time. It's sat night and he's probably out with his facebook official girlfriend. :D I'd be surprised if he keeps it..I hope he doesn't,but kinda hope he does, in a sick way,so I can watch it unfold on here. ;)

He messaged me about 20 minutes after:

Yeah totally

Tomorrow works

Me: thx what time?

Him: I'll text you after I wake up

I want my jacket back :blub: gah I have to see him, this is so awk

• Like 1
He messaged me about 20 minutes after:

Yeah totally

Tomorrow works

Me: thx what time?

Him: I'll text you after I wake up

hey..you're the one that didn't want anything more...also...left your jacket at his place on exit. I'm sorry,but that's kinda funny. :laugh:
  • Like 2
  • Author
Cookiesandough
hey..you're the one that didn't want anything more...also...left your jacket at his place on exit. I'm sorry,but that's kinda funny. :laugh:

Yea. I’m really glad he has a gf now so he isn’t still thinking about what happened. I felt rly awful about it. Especially on Valentine’s. Now he has a girl to give him all the luvins and vice versa :love:

I’m such a forgetful idiot tho ?

I also left my beanie. I might mention that. Let’s see if he texts me :/

Yea. I’m really glad he has a gf now so he isn’t still thinking about what happened. I felt rly awful about it. Especially on Valentine’s. Now he has a girl to give him all the luvins and vice versa :love:

See if he'll bring you out a sandwich...I double dare you. :lmao:
  • Like 3

Yep. And when you have your jacket back, you don't have to worry about seeing him again. In 24 hours it will be all over. ;)

• Like 1

It's not going to be awkward. He will give you whatever and get back to his day, and will probably immediately forget it happened. Think of it like taking out the trash: it's a thing you need to do and then it's over. There is no need to freak out about this. It happens all the time and is no big deal.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

He sounds like a decent guy. I doubt he'll blow you off.

• Like 3

That's so cringey he made plan B his gf the next day.

He was probably on his way to her place for some cheering up after you dumped him... he was clearing his head all right :lmao:

I'm glad you're going to get your jacket back.

$180 is worth a few awkward seconds.

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough

Lol so true Olive. That’s exactly where he was which I find funny. Doesn’t waste a minute. Some people just cannot he alone

& he had me feeling all bad “I needed to drive [at 2 am] to clear my head.” Now I not only do not feel bad, I’m kind of irked. I told him what time I was available to get my stuff and he said okay. Then he says “I have to drive my sister downtown” It’s 9pm and I still don’t have my jacket. I no longer feel bad and this is about principle now(and yea $)

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough

10pm and he’s still no response. I hate this guy so much I just want everyone to know that

If he doesn’t contact tonight should I cuss him out?

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
CantTakeMySmile
10pm and he’s still no response. I hate this guy so much I just want everyone to know that

You hate him because he hasn't texted you back? I mean it is inconsiderate, but people have stuff going on...

• Like 2
  • Author
Cookiesandough

I know, I know. I’m just frustrated bc I feel awkward about the situation. I braced myself for it, getting it over with, and now it’s being dragged out another damn day possibly. It literally take 2 seconds for him to bring it out to my car. It’s just not cool

My advice.. Take the high road,but give him some time..again..He may still be with the other. How old is this guy?

• Like 1
MuddyFootprints

I'd cut my losses, especially with the emotional frustration you are feeling.

4 days, $45 a day of worry about a cheap piece of fabric? Your time is worth more than that. And every day it just gets cheaper.

Buy another jacket.

• Like 1