Did I objectify my wife?

Woggle

Perhaps it was meant as a joke?

If you had said she was hot and didn't mention the other things it might have been a bit odd in company of your family members but as it was most women would have taken the compliment.

Bit concerned that so many people on here seem to he calling him a wimp and a pussy for caring about social justice. Women are treating like objects in many areas of our society and although his comments in this instance are OTT, it doesn't mean that it is wrong to care.

• Like 1

If you had said she was hot and didn't mention the other things it might have been a bit odd in company of your family members but as it was most women would have taken the compliment.

Bit concerned that so many people on here seem to he calling him a wimp and a pussy for caring about social justice. Women are treating like objects in many areas of our society and although his comments in this instance are OTT, it doesn't mean that it is wrong to care.

The issue is that he is taking his beliefs and projecting them on others.

If the OP backhanded his wife and told her to fix him a sandwich then the guy might have some cause for concern. But he was paying a genuine compliment which his wife appreciated. Yet, the BIL has to thrust his beliefs on all parties concerned regardless how they felt about it.

(Most) Men find women attractive. It’s this PC crap that has made some afraid to admit it, and a percentage like this guy who have taken it to mean something offensive.

Sounds like the OP kept his mouth shut about the BIL when his sister married him. Perhaps the BIL should return the favor.

donotmicrowave

I'm just going to smoothly interrupt and say that I'm nowhere near marriage myself (a 19 year old fool here), but I know I'd be thrilled if my "future husband" openly expressed his attraction for me like that.

Just my 2 cents!

• Like 2
My sister and brother in law were over and I got to talking about how lucky I am to be married to such a great woman. I said I hit the trifecta because I have she is hot, intelligent and an all around good person. He said it was disgusting that I talk about my wife like a piece of meat and that in this day and age men need to stop treating women like that and men like me are the reason for metoo. Both my wife and her sister who is his wife looked at him with a look that said shut the hell up. My wife stepped in and said she likes that I see her that way and her sister said at least she is married to man that acts like he is attracted to her. Both the women had my back. Who was right or wrong in this situation?

What is missing to the reader is the context of where, when, why, what,

who, was said about the wife.

So when cannot know how inappropriate if anything was said.

We also do not know if the brother out law is a traditional values

man or a metrosexual neutered kool-aid drinking liberal new wave

man.

Though we can poke fun.

He is a wimp Water... those progressive, PC, Social justice crap is just what makes all the women on here that complain about their beta husbands have beta husbands in the first place. Wimpy men are worthless.

Their is no such thing a social justice. You want social justice, get a job.

You don't want to be sexually harassed, knee him in the nuts.

Why on earth is it “odd” to say that your spouse is hot around family members?

Social justice has become a caricature of a movement for whiny babies looking for a reason to be offended. That is why many do not take SJWs seriously.

The bottom line is the vast majority of women are turned off by men who are too soft and feminine. Social justice is responsible for demonizing men just for being masculine which is akin to women being treated poorly for our gender.

• Like 1

Hi Water woman, while you are absolutely right about the essence of the sentiments expressed by Woggle's BIL, it is the context in which he expressed them that was out of kilter. Something like Don Quixote who kept tilting at windmills. It seems his marriage is not a happy one for him and that his wife does not hold him in esteem. This may have been his attempt at proving himself to be her knight in shining armour but sadly it backfired on him. Just a thought. Warm wishes.

• Like 1
Hi Water woman, while you are absolutely right about the essence of the sentiments expressed by Woggle's BIL, it is the context in which he expressed them that was out of kilter. Something like Don Quixote who kept tilting at windmills. It seems his marriage is not a happy one for him and that his wife does not hold him in esteem. This may have been his attempt at proving himself to be her knight in shining armour but sadly it backfired on him. Just a thought. Warm wishes.

Sorry JAG... it is the whole thing. The holier than thou progressive, pc, beta boy BS, as well as calling a grown A** man down for complimenting his own wife.

Depending on how much I had to drink at the time, I think I would have just punched him in the mouth.

To make matters worse, the BIL's very own wife let it be know to everyone there that he was a beta boy that was not getting the job done for her in the bedroom.

He is probably just to sensitive from all of his social justice training to really take care of her needs...

GorillaTheater
I said I hit the trifecta because I have she is hot, intelligent and an all around good person.

It's my job to be hell on sexual harassment, among other things, but my wife is all of these things too, and I've probably only described her as "hot" on this board around a hundred times or so.

I'd laugh this putz right the hell out of my house if he got his back up over this.

• Like 1

Did I miss something? When both men and woman ask me how my hot wife is doing should I be upset that they are objectifying her?? I always thought well of it but also recognize I am a male that can be a door knob.

How do you even meet so many people like this, Woggle??? :lmao: I've never encountered anyone who gets their hackles raised over stuff like that!

I have to 2nd this.

Woggle you've written about a lot of extreme feminist, SJW, red pill and the likes. I read through a lot of your stuff andwonder how you come across these people?

I've never met anybody like that in person, only by internet.

• Like 1
  • Author
How do you even meet so many people like this, Woggle??? :lmao: I've never encountered anyone who gets their hackles raised over stuff like that!

Just look at any comment section or twitter feed. Those comments aren't writing themselves. There are many people who think like this.

thefooloftheyear

He moved to California....should have stayed in Jersey...The hot women out here expect to be called hot...:p:laugh:

But really...what a dope...The thing that's most hilarious is that ask any guy with a good physique how many times he's been "objectified" by a SO, and no one gave a flying crap...A zillion..

I sure hope this is not the path of the future...At least I am old enough that I won't likely see it come full circle..

TFY

You know, I don’t know what this guy was thinking or going on about. But from your side of the story it was clearly absurd. But for all you people who took that and ran with it talking about SJW, and liberals, and progressives, and how that relates somehow to this... give me an effing break!!! Liberals, feminists, and progressives are perfectly happy to call their spouses hot. Barrack Obama just commented on his wife’s “hotness” in front of the entire world when their portraits were being unveiled. So get a grip and don’t equate this guy’s weirdness to an entire political spectrum that you disagree with. FFS!

• Author
You know, I don’t know what this guy was thinking or going on about. But from your side of the story it was clearly absurd. But for all you people who took that and ran with it talking about SJW, and liberals, and progressives, and how that relates somehow to this... give me an effing break!!! Liberals, feminists, and progressives are perfectly happy to call their spouses hot. Barrack Obama just commented on his wife’s “hotness” in front of the entire world when their portraits were being unveiled. So get a grip and don’t equate this guy’s weirdness to an entire political spectrum that you disagree with. FFS!

I consider myself a liberal and I say that proudly but there is a certain extreme segment of the left that seems determined to alienate everybody except for people who march in lockstep with them. I don't like self righteous totalitarians no matter what side of the aisle they are on.

• Like 1
I consider myself a liberal and I say that proudly but there is a certain extreme segment of the left that seems determined to alienate everybody except for people who march in lockstep with them. I don't like self righteous totalitarians no matter what side of the aisle they are on.

I don’t like them either, but this guy just seems like a weirdo. I live in one of the most liberal cities in the country and I don’t hear people talking like that.

(Edit): but I get what you are saying and I agree with you.

Edited by Veronica73
(Edit): Maybe the guy is asexual and insecure about it?

It’d kind of be like if I equated the stereotypical evangelical Republican who is meanwhile hiring male prostitutes or encouraging his mistress to get an abortion- with the average republican.

Edited by Veronica73
Cullenbohannon
for me personally if you voice your wife's ass as.....

All this talk about wives ass's, makes me want to go home and start doing some "objectifying".

CautiouslyOptimistic
All this talk about wives ass's, makes me want to go home and start doing some "objectifying".

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

• Author

I think it is because he goes out of his way to be the man society says men should be and it ends up blowing up in his face while I am the man I want to be and I have the kind of marriage most men can only dream of. My friends say I have the

life he wants and I didn't have to toe the line to get it.

• Like 1
I don't even know why he did it. His wife doesn't believe in this crap and neither does my wife so who is he trying to impress? Who does he want to give him a pat on the head for being a good ally? I used to feel bad for him because it is obvious his wife is no longer attracted to him but if this is how he is who can blame her?

not sure. but i'm taking exception, with what you said. you can love your wife and everything about her, and crow to the treetops about it.

however, imo, you're trying to take credit for what she is. as tho you had a hand in it, almost like you feel you are somehow made better by owning her?

p.s. his wife is not his fault. and sure as the sun shines, the perfect way to ruin your relationship with anyone is to gossip, compare and criticize.