When to Call Child Services?

shellybing

If you think having your car beat with a baseball bat is minor than i would suggest you go check to see how much that costs.

If you like waking up to your porch being egged every morning, or being worried about letting your child out to play, or having to teach her defense techniques, than please by all means. Tell me more how much easier it is.

I merely asked them to move their car out of my parking space once, and woke up the next morning to my car being trashed.

I called the police, I took pictures, I made the reports. Nothing. there was no proof because her and her son did it in the middle of the night.

So yea, it's soo much easier to take the brunt of abuse.

There's a big difference between a car and a child getting beaten too.

I think you have already made up you mind to not help this young boy. Which is fine. But letting strangers know there's a child being beaten and that you aren't going to do anything about it is unfair to the people you've just told who are helpless in the situation but mostly it's unfair to that child who we can't help.

• Like 3
  • Author
There's a big difference between a car and a child getting beaten too.

I think you have already made up you mind to not help this young boy. Which is fine. But letting strangers know there's a child being beaten and that you aren't going to do anything about it is unfair to the people you've just told who are helpless in the situation but mostly it's unfair to that child who we can't help.

I never said I wasn't going to call.

keep your assumptions to yourself please.

I never said I wasn't going to call.

keep your assumptions to yourself please.

Great! Call then and let us know how it goes so that we know the child is safe please

• Like 1
I am not sure if this area of the forum is for families, or not.

Before I begin, I am not in danger.

I am inquiring for the little child that lives in the apartment next door.

I swear every time I move, I get stuck living next to someone who has a loud ass mouth, always angry, yells at their kids, and beats them.

I moved away from an apartment recently for the same reasons. A child who was very little was being beat, literally beaten. I am not talking about a spanking. I am talking I could hear this woman storm through the house on a regular basis berrating her child to the point of tears (the ugly face tears) for hours upon hours. This kid was no older than 8 years old. I could hear her slapping, hitting, etc.

I moved from that apartment, into what I thought would be a better apartment. This time, it is a grandmother and her daughter. Sometimes the boy is there, he can be no older than 6 years old.

I hear her throwing things that hit the wall, I hear her dragging him around, I hear slapping, constant crying through my bedroom wall.

I know this childs name because she screams at him so often.

This woman is not only just angry, she is angry at everything. She has yelled at several other people on the property for parking and whatever else. There was a threat written on the ground in sidewalk chalk because she thought that someone had stolen one of her chairs that had been lost in her move.

I was even walking out to my car once, and she was talking badly and venting about something I had done. I hadn't even spoken two words to the lady. I addressed her "greeting" when she moved into the building.

As I am sitting here now, I have heard this child cry his poor self to sleep.

It is very saddening.

I do not know what to do. Or when it is appropiate to call child services on someone.

Does anyone have any advice?

Call 911 and tell them what you've posted here.

You will be saving that child's life!

• Like 1

If it's loud enough that you can record the yelling and all on your cell phone, this may be evidence, that can help the police to take the incidents seriously.

I understand you have to live near these people, but, possibly consider that this woman doesn't give a damn about you regardless. It's evident in your post. It's cruel of her to treat her own children this way and then she takes it a step further serving it up to her neighbors.

You'll know when you've had enough and hopefully when the time is right, maybe you'll be ready to stand up for your rights as a paying tenant. If nothing else, I'd call my landlord and ask if they can come have a listen when it's happening. Let them make the call.

• Like 2
  • Author
If it's loud enough that you can record the yelling and all on your cell phone, this may be evidence, that can help the police to take the incidents seriously.

I understand you have to live near these people, but, possibly consider that this woman doesn't give a damn about you regardless. It's evident in your post. It's cruel of her to treat her own children this way and then she takes it a step further serving it up to her neighbors.

You'll know when you've had enough and hopefully when the time is right, maybe you'll be ready to stand up for your rights as a paying tenant. If nothing else, I'd call my landlord and ask if they can come have a listen when it's happening. Let them make the call.

I had not thought of that as an option.

I have conceded that she doesn't give a ****. But she does. She has already taken it upon herself to complain about my parking space so much that the apartment mgr asked me to move it. If she watches where and how I park my car then you can bet she gives a ****. I don't even know the lady. I've only spoken to her twice now.

I guarantee she gives a **** about what I'm doing though.

While I am not afraid to face it. I am not really excited about putting myself there ??

• Author

She's one of those types who worries about what every one else is doing and not what she is doing.

You can tell. Believe me I hear it every day.

I had not thought of that as an option.

I have conceded that she doesn't give a ****. But she does. She has already taken it upon herself to complain about my parking space so much that the apartment mgr asked me to move it. If she watches where and how I park my car then you can bet she gives a ****. I don't even know the lady. I've only spoken to her twice now.

I guarantee she gives a **** about what I'm doing though.

While I am not afraid to face it. I am not really excited about putting myself there ??

Wow, she sounds like a nightmare. I hope you can figure out your best resolution because Its gonna come to a point of how much you can tolerate. She gives a ****, only where it benefits her and anyone else be d*mned.

Wow. In 35 years I have never seen or heard something so terrible happening around me, and I grew up in a trailer park...that's a whole other story though...but you have encountered it twice!

Those poor babies. I would have already marched over there myself. It used to drive me nuts growing up when I heard my Cajun neighbors in the next trailer over from us beating their dogs with a stick in the middle of the night. The sound of that yelping would make me cry in bed until finally one night I could not take it and I marched over there and started yelling at them about how would they like it if I came over there and beat them with a stick...and how I could not stand to hear how they could just sit and listen to those poor animals cry out for many, many minutes in pain...they just made some sleazy comment but quit doing it after that...you have way more restraint than I would have. Love thy neighbor as you would love yourself...I would confront them about my concerns...but CPS is the golden standard nowadays...either way, there is no WAY I could listen to it day after day without telling that woman something...

• Like 2

Call child services, and don't feel bad about it because it will be them, not you, who determine if it rises to abuse or not. Meanwhile, you may change a child's life for the better, and that benefits all of us.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author
Wow. In 35 years I have never seen or heard something so terrible happening around me, and I grew up in a trailer park...that's a whole other story though...but you have encountered it twice!

Those poor babies. I would have already marched over there myself. It used to drive me nuts growing up when I heard my Cajun neighbors in the next trailer over from us beating their dogs with a stick in the middle of the night. The sound of that yelping would make me cry in bed until finally one night I could not take it and I marched over there and started yelling at them about how would they like it if I came over there and beat them with a stick...and how I could not stand to hear how they could just sit and listen to those poor animals cry out for many, many minutes in pain...they just made some sleazy comment but quit doing it after that...you have way more restraint than I would have. Love thy neighbor as you would love yourself...I would confront them about my concerns...but CPS is the golden standard nowadays...either way, there is no WAY I could listen to it day after day without telling that woman something...

Oh believe me, I want to. Sometimes it's best not to add fuel to the fire.

I made the call.

That is all.

You did the right thing, the brave thing to do.

There should be more people like you in this world. Take care.

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
I made the call.

That is all.

Great job. I hope those babies are safer because of what you did! <3

• Like 2
  • Author

Yea whatever my car was vandalized this morning when i woke up.

I had to drive my own daughter to school with a threat written on my window.

I'm sorry. That's not cool. This woman has serious issues...

You still did the right thing.

• Like 3
  • Author
I'm sorry. That's not cool. This woman has serious issues...

You still did the right thing.

man i am just done already.

uggggg

amaysngrace

Did you report this to the police? If you explain that you called CPS so you know exactly who did it they probably will want to question her.

You should call them. That's a crime and there's no need for you to feel threatened in your own home.

So glad you helped the child :love:

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic
man i am just done already.

uggggg

Done with what?

What was done to your car was a crime so I hope you reported it to police.

• Like 3
  • Author

They wrote a threat on my windshield.

I reported it to the apartment manager.

I had the same thing happen at my last apartment.

So vile foul B-word got it in her head she didn't like me,

just like any adult bully. First time I asked her not to park in my space they beat the he'll out of my car. People who are psycho bullies play a game. I can play that game too, you just have to under stand them and be smarter than they are. I have wealth woth my fair share of them. That is probably why I am here on this site. I am an easy target for narcissists and psychos because I look weak, but I'm far from it.

When it happened at my last apartment I called the police, and they didn't do anything because I column prove it. Do I skipped the police this time and reported it to my apartment manager.

Last time I won that car game because I got on the phone with my friend and told them how happy I was to get all that money back from the insurance company, and that my car getting hit up was a blessing in disguise. I had that conversation right where she could hear it too. I'll bet she was fuming red.

So that **** never happened again at my other apartment.

This woman here at my new place has been picking at me since she moves in. There is much more to her than just beating her child. She has complained so much about where I parked that management asked me to move so she could park there. So I happily did. Then, her guests started parking in my new space. So even if I leave for 5 minutes, when I return someone is there. I left notes and even more recently got approval to town cars from the space that it happens so often.

I am getting a dash cam. And the apt manager has told me to send her pics of the cars that park there. So I'm good for now. I'll call the police when I have proof.

• Like 2

Sorry. But now you know those people really are dangerous and abusive. No doubt about it. You should report the threat to police! I guess you took it off by now.

• Like 1

shellybing, March 3, 2018,

This woman here at my new place has been picking at me since she moves in. There is much more to her than just beating her child. She has complained so much about where I parked that management asked me to move so she could park there. So I happily did. Then, her guests started parking in my new space. So even if I leave for 5 minutes, when I return someone is there. I left notes and even more recently got approval to town cars from the space that it happens so often.

I am getting a dash cam. And the apt manager has told me to send her pics of the cars that park there. So I'm good for now. I'll call the police when I have proof.

So, shellybing, how's it been at your apartment, any improvements. Is the bully still wreaking havoc? Hope things are improving .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Sorry. But now you know those people really are dangerous and abusive. No doubt about it. You should report the threat to police! I guess you took it off by now.

Freaking obviously why I was worried about reporting in the first place. I made it clear early on they were abusive and dangerous.

Now it's worrysome?

smdh

I avoid her.

• Like 1

Well, instead of getting mad at me for telling you to do the right thing, if you report anytime they harass you to police, then you can apply for an Order of Protection, which is just a piece of paper, but then if they ignore it, they can be arrested.

• Like 1