On A Scale Of 1-10, How Attractive Do You Think You Are?

GuitarGuy7

So God given beauty isn't part of the equation for you? I would give facial structure at least 5 points and the other things together form the remaining points.

Basil I would agree with you. Have you ever seen

The Human Face BBC Documentry With John Clees and Elizabeth Hurley.

I am a big face person. That is the one thing that I focus on besides personality when I date.

• Like 1

I am a big face person. That is the one thing that I focus on besides personality when I date.

I don't focus on face when I've dated because physical beauty isn't important to me in a partner.

But for raw considerations of attractiveness, facial attractiveness is really high in the numbers.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Considering he admitted he's at least 20 lbs more than desired, yet still gave himself an "8" for fitness should tell you something about the veracity of the rating.

Food for thought for all the guys out there: https://www.google.com/search?ei=xSlyWqSZJ6Hr5gK2m7_oDg&q=men+overestimate+their+attractiveness&oq=men+overestimate+their+attractiveness&gs_l=psy-ab.3...10715.10715.0.11027.1.1.0.0.0.0.82.82.1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.j3lXx1U9pM0

What should an "8" for fitness be to you? Maybe for the poster it means he's "in shape" but just not "cut" like a gym rat would be. It's very subjective.

So grooming I am 10 out of 10. Dress style a 10. Fitness. I am about an 8.

I don't know if I have ever encountered a man who I would give a 10/10 on grooming and dress.

And I used to live in Los Angeles.

Some have been close, but they had personal shoppers, nationally renowned stylist, regular professional manicures etc. Maintaining that level takes a bunch of cash and time. (and honestly, I don't want a man who spends more time and money on clothes and grooming than I do!)

• Like 1
GorillaTheater

Beats the hell out of me. I think I'm a bit of a mutt, but my wife is a total babe, so I'd have to give myself at least a 6 based on her willingness to marry me in the first place.

• Like 6
Beats the hell out of me. I think I'm a bit of a mutt, but my wife is a total babe, so I'd have to give myself at least a 6 based on her willingness to marry me in the first place.

no, you're higher than a 6 GT

GorillaTheater
no, you're higher than a 6 GT

This is why you're my friend, Alpha. But seriously, you've seen pictures of my wife and I; you know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1
normal person
What should an "8" for fitness be to you? Maybe for the poster it means he's "in shape" but just not "cut" like a gym rat would be. It's very subjective.

I guess it can be subjective if he considers "20 pounds overweight" to be "in shape." It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be, but to each their own. In my book, if 10 is Greek god perfection, 5 is average, 1 is morbid obesity, then an 8 is at least "impressively cut," with maybe an area lacking some definition at worst. I have a hard time buying that someone could have that much weight to shed and still be rated so high. Any obvious shortcoming (20 extra pounds more than qualifies) would preclude anyone from the 8-10 range in my eyes. Twenty pounds of unwanted mass sounds average (5) at best to me.

Would you honestly consider someone with that much excess weight to be closer to a Greek god than to average? It doesn't sound right, but that's just me.

Edited by normal person

Lets detail the scale.

So when someone says they are a 5/6/7/8/9/10. What image do you get from either a man or woman.

5= Plain.

6=Spruced up

7= Rock and Roll

8= CW Super hero shows

9= James Bond/Anglina Jolie/Denzel

10= Olympic level Athlete

Thats what comes to mind. I am inbetween a 7 and 8.

I looked into that and ended up watching it halfway through.

Now I'm looking for something to measure my face with. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 2

No idea but several women in recent years have told me I am good looking, handsome, hot and kind of tempting, a honey pot, hunkapotamus, etc.

I guess I'm not ugly but I sometimes got the impression that these women didn't really care that much about looks and were just trying to trick me into bed for some unknown reason.

Maybe it's the twinkle in the eye, disarming quick wit, knowledge of the world, economic status, or even my love of dancing. One thing is sure. It's not my sense of style or the car I drive. :lmao:

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Lets detail the scale.

So when someone says they are a 5/6/7/8/9/10. What image do you get from either a man or woman.

5= Plain.

6=Spruced up

7= Rock and Roll

8= CW Super hero shows

I see an error. CW super hero shows = 2.

;)

• Like 3
I am more of a hips, boobs, and/or butt guy myself. A pretty face is nice though.

legs and feet for me

I disagree, at least for women. To me a female 10 is a young appearance-based celebrity, fully made-up and dressed to impress: Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lawrence, Natalie Portman, Hannah Jeter, SCARLETT. Yet in my eyes, the woman who I'm dating is the most beautiful woman in the world.

Edited by nospam99
  • Like 1
Lets detail the scale.

5= Plain.

6=Spruced up

7= Rock and Roll

8= CW Super hero shows

Can you give celebrity names for 6/7/8 women? I wonder what is what :D?

• Like 2

Depending on how I dress, how I do my hair, and how much confidence I feel like exuding on any given day... I can vary between a 4 (didn't bother with hair, ugly old clothes) and a 7 (neat new clothes, recent haircut, well trimmed beard). 8 if I really push it.

These days I'm fitter than I've ever been, but I don't have "it" that makes me a 10.

Numbers are incredibly subjective anyway, and we are often our own worst critics. You may consider yourself a 5 but if a potential partner thinks you're an 8 or higher... why does it matter?

• Like 1

I'm middle-of-the-road, more or less a 5. Well, I'm fit and healthy, that's something. :D I've had one date tell me that it took her about one hour to get over my looks. (She was fine afterwards.)

Oddly enough I've never really had any trouble attracting women.

• Like 2
GorillaTheater

Oddly enough I've never really had any trouble attracting women.

That's because mutts like you and me know that attracting women is far more than what meets the eye, quite literally.

• Like 6

6 in looks

10 in personality

3*pi in intelligence (so over a 9 but not quite 9.5--see I can take multiples of irrational numbers!)

and most importantly an 8.5 in Modesty :laugh:

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Like 2
JustGettingBy

I honestly think that depending on my level of confidence in the moment, as well as how much effort I put into clothes and brooming I can be anywhere from 2-9.

• Like 3

Yeah for me..... Attraction to a man is not heavily weighed on physical beauty.

Sure it's nice.... But is he smart as a whip? Interesting? Successful? Has big enough cojones to stand up to a pain in the ass like me? Then we are talking.

A pretty face, gorgeous abs... Icing on the cake, and they do not matter at all if he doesn't impress me intellectually.

Different strokes for different folks. But I have found that unconventional physical beauty, paired with an exceptional mind is what gets my juices flowing.

I think this dynamic is more rare when it comes to men's attraction to women, but I have certainly encountered men that make it obvious it's my brain that gives them a boner, not just my body.

• Like 3