Need Advice about informing other Betrayed Spouse about My Wife's Affair

ReallyStruggling

Consequences of cheating when you have kids is that they may find out what you did.

In the same way the BS cannot control the cheating, the WS cannot control who the BS informs.

Any cheating parent, should visualise their child/children as they hop into bed with another man or woman.... as your actions (If you get caught) could have a massive impact on their lives.

When you have children... your level of responsibility in a marriage/relationship increase...you have other lives and feelings to consider.

• Like 3

I think if people would address infidelity in a more appropriate way with kids, the kids will be better equipped to handle cheating/infidelity and relationships in general when they start dating themselves.

My mother told my sister and I about our father's cheating when we were kids. We didn't implode and fall into an abyss of depression and dysfunction. And honestly learning what I did when I was younger made me realize if I ever did get married, I did not want my marriage to be like my parents. Which up until then was how I thought all marriage were supposed to be (they're not). It also helped me to understand the concept of boundaries at a young age. This wouldn't have happened if my mom had kept me in the dark out of some misguided notion of "protecting" me.

I really think people do their children a disservice when they try to shield them from reality. The concept of cheating is not hard to understand, even for a child if explained appropriately.

• Like 7