Deal breakers? What is yours?

For that matter, some heavy ladies still have very feminine waist-to-hip ratios, it depends on how they carry it, apple or pear. If what you mean is 'thin' rather than 'waist to hip', you're better off just saying 'thin'. Some thin girls have no butt padding and when it comes to waist-to-hip ratio, they just don't rank at all. And SOME guys find that incredibly offputting and think it makes those women look like boys (I've read webpages by men ranting about how the fashion industry is trying to turn men gay (?!) by promoting all these 'unfeminine' figures) whereas SOME guys are totally into the tall-and-straight-thin look.

Agreed, it's hard to express that through weight. There are plenty of guys who are technically overweight because they lift. One of my girlfriends was as tall as I and heavier than I. But yes, her weight was very much in the right places.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Your taste is your taste, it's fine to state that you have preferences, the only annoying part is if you try to make your preferences sound universal, which you mostly tried not to :)

For that matter, some heavy ladies still have very feminine waist-to-hip ratios, it depends on how they carry it, apple or pear. If what you mean is 'thin' rather than 'waist to hip', you're better off just saying 'thin'. Some thin girls have no butt padding and when it comes to waist-to-hip ratio, they just don't rank at all. And SOME guys find that incredibly offputting and think it makes those women look like boys (I've read webpages by men ranting about how the fashion industry is trying to turn men gay (?!) by promoting all these 'unfeminine' figures) whereas SOME guys are totally into the tall-and-straight-thin look.

One of the fittest ladies at the gym I go to is like this. She has the tightest/most toned butt and legs, and even her torso is toned, but she's just built that way. Like an upside down triangle (broad shoulders too). She's even had a tummy tuck after kids, boob job, and it's just the way she is. I think the only way she could have the hip to waist ratio being preferred here is if she actually had chunks of muscle removed from her sides lol. Or ribs removed!

For that matter, I'm built this way too, but to a lesser extent. I just have small hips, so to have this ratio, I really have to keep myself quite skinny. I can do it and achieve the look though, whereas my friend cannot.

• Like 1
When I was single and dating my deal-breakers were (in no particular order);

Character/Belief system

History of cheating/dishonestIrresponsible/entitlement issues/unreliable/immature/anger management issues

Mean/spiteful/manipulative/moody

Poor money management (Not "tight, but not throwing it around like a man with no arms, either - there's a middle ground somewhere :))

Poor work ethic/unemployed

Uneducated/stupid

No conversation (probably goes with the previous one)

Left wing

Doesn't like pets/animals

Can't cook (I don't expect Cordon Bleu, but at least they should be able to boil an egg)

Non Christian ( I could accept Sikh, Buddist or Hindu, but other non-Christian groups invariably want you to convert)

Young dependent children

Junk and fast food junkie

Any substance abuse

Criminal conviction

Appearance

Body piercings/tatsObesePoor hygiene/groomingNunty clothes

how did you find anyone to date?

• Like 1

To those guys who mentioned waist-to-hip ratio.

I understand that this is a personal preference but in most cases it's something a female can do nothing about - in the same way that a guy can't do anything about the size of his penis.

There are 4 types of female pelvis anatomically (google it) and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Myself - I never had a "shape" even when I was in my 20s and slim because that was my bone structure - I had a slim and narrow pelvis.

Just thought I'd make that point ...:)

• Like 1
how did you find anyone to date?

Are you being sarcastic? Or is that comment a wind-up?

You think I should have settled for some thick-piece bum with a criminal record, an affiliation to the Moonies, who spent most of his unemployed life stoned or drunk, with a shed-load of kids with different woman, who thought Cannaletto was a type of pizza and no idea or inclination to get out of the boring meaningless situation he was in? Really ? :laugh:

I scored a 7 on this list.
that was out of ??? :confused: Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fixed quotes
  • Like 1
[...]

I understand that this is a personal preference but in most cases it's something a female can do nothing about - in the same way that a guy can't do anything about the size of his penis.[...]

Of course, just like a man cannot change his height. But it doesn't mean it would be any less of a deal brraker. Thankfully there are many people and many preferences, and I certainly went against some of mine if a woman absolutely fascinated me.

• Like 2

My current deal breakers.

The woman has to be close to my age so 10 yrs both ways to my 46.

Single/Widowed/Divorced no kids. Or the same with one kid.

Strives for Fitness/being good and kind hearted.

Makes herself up and has pride in her looks.

Makes and effort to romantically connect with me and meets me at least halfway.

I believe that I will meet a great woman. I just have to wait it out, and not be so wrapped up in being the driving force on getting a major love in my life.

• Like 1

From recent experience...

• Married and divorced 4 times; married and divorced 5 times.
  • In pursuit of a doc to cure the mysterious, undiagnosable illness that defines her existence
  • Communicates with the dead, feels the presence of spirits, shamanism
  • Voted for Trump, or thinks he's a swell president
  • More than one or two cats living indoors; allows animals in the bed
  • Serious about breaking into acting/modeling as a new career at mid-life
  • Pursuing new career opportunity as a dog-walker/pet-sitter and talks about it with a straight face
  • Garage full of useless shyt acquired because it was on sale or sold cheap at auction
  • Pursues a line of questioning to ascertain your financial status on early dates
  • Invites you to her house for dinner, then asks you to stop and pick up steaks––organic, grass-fed, of course.
  • Speaks in an unrestrained manner that belies a lack of education and culture
  • Big, decoratively painted nails; or frequently changing hair color

• Like 1
I won't date:

A photographer;

Someone who hunts for a hobby;

A gym rat who posts shirtless selfies;

Someone's who's very active on Instagram/Snapchat;

Someone who names "food and wine" as a hobby;

A musician (it's enough I've been one);

A "been everywhere, done everything, dated everyone" type of guy;

A guy with kids/contact with their ex;

A guy with very close female friends;

A "I don't read books, lol" type of guy;

Life as an old maid with 10+ cats - here I come. :D

Okay, I can understand SOME of those, but why is this a deal-breaker? I guess I would not get along with you because I like shooting photos and have done it for publications.

-someone who doesn't like ( or at least tolerate) pet birds

Keeping birds as pets is unspeakably cruel, to me. It’s like keeping an orca in your swimming pool. So I guess that would be another deal breaker.

• Like 1
I don’t date people who maintain contact with ex flings/boyfriends/romantic interests.

Agree. No ex-spouses though because no kids. Unless they’re adult, fully independent, live far away and don’t have kids they expect you to babysit.

Bad breath, yikes. If your mouth smells like a sewer as it once happened to me on a date, I'm turned off, instantly.

there was this girl that I knew 15 yrs ago. Her name was Debbie and she was a lawyer. She was petite and had a perfect body. She liked me and I liked her a lot. We went out on a date and I went in to kiss her and her mouth smelled like a tuna factory.

Unfortunately I had to friend-zone her because of her breath. Otherwise she was perfect (for me). I could have married her were it not for her stinky mouth.

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
there was this girl that I knew 15 yrs ago. Her name was Debbie and she was a lawyer. She was petite and had a perfect body. She liked me and I liked her a lot. We went out on a date and I went in to kiss her and her mouth smelled like a tuna factory.

Unfortunately I had to friend-zone her because of her breath. Otherwise she was perfect (for me). I could have married her were it not for her stinky mouth.

Oh my. Poor girl....wonder if she had gum disease!

• Like 1

I actually made the sewer comment purposefully. We went to the theater and thought there was some problems around the block due to a sewer. Its only afterwards when we went to Macdonalds as she suggested that I realized she had bad breath. She wasn't interested anyway, for the record and this put me off too.

Some of you guys (and gals) are really picky. There are a number of things that has been listed I would just pass on. Seriously.

And now that I'm done with my community payback I'm off to light up a joint and crack open a booze. :p

And now that I'm done with my community payback I'm off to light up a joint and crack open a booze. :p

:laugh::lmao: