Deal breakers? What is yours?

Eternal Sunshine

Cheater/liar

Lack of empathy

Lack of employment

Lot of debt

Mental illness (I have to be tough on this one. I can't tolerate anything beyond very mild anxiety and depression. Been there and don't want to again)

Someone that has a lot of flirty "female friends"

Heavy drinking/smoking/partying lifestyle

Spineless

Rigid and set in his ways

Conspiracy theorists (zero tolerance there)

Children (this is negotiable but less is better)

Severe ED

Dislikes international travel

• Like 1

I guess my more "unusual" deal breakers are:

- I won't date anyone pursuing a military career

- animal costumes in bed (especially horse costumes)

- naked pictures on facebook

- wants to french kiss me in front of my parents

• Author
viatori patuit

has to be a story behind that...... :eek:

HA! Good ones!

I'm in a very good relationship now, but when I was looking at online profiles on OLD sites there were some things, specifically pics, that were an immediate NO!!!! I know this site isn't a political site and there are other things that would be offputting just to me, but, if she had pics with a confederate battle flag in it. NOPE!!!!

I won't date:

A photographer;

Someone who hunts for a hobby;

A gym rat who posts shirtless selfies;

Someone's who's very active on Instagram/Snapchat;

Someone who names "food and wine" as a hobby;

A musician (it's enough I've been one);

A "been everywhere, done everything, dated everyone" type of guy;

A guy with kids/contact with their ex;

A guy with very close female friends;

A "I don't read books, lol" type of guy;

Life as an old maid with 10+ cats - here I come. :D

• Like 2
I'm transitioning careers and going back to graduate school in the fall. I live very comfortably on investment income. I look forward to beginning my new career. Would those of you who mentioned jobs find my situation a deal breaker? I have a plan and am independently wealthy.

Not at all. In fact, it shows that you’re ambitious and eager to learn which are good qualities. I guess it would only be a problem for me if we were at the beginning stages of a relationship and you were moving really far off. Then I wouldn’t see the point in continuing because the distance would make it harder for me to gauge you as a potential long term partner.

I won't date:

A photographer

That’s specific! I’m curious to know why. They take too many unflattering photos of you? :laugh:

That’s specific! I’m curious to know why. They take too many unflattering photos of you? :laugh:

I just don't feel like dating someone who's around hot women too much :D too many temptations might ruin even the most loyal men :laugh:

• Like 2
I just don't feel like dating someone who's around hot women too much :D too many temptations might ruin even the most loyal men :laugh:

Hahahaha. You know there are other kinds of photographers right? But I get what you’re saying.

• Like 1

My deal-breakers are all the typical ones, who wants to date a drug addict or alcoholic, abuser, lazy, cheater...anyway.

My very personal deal breakers are not understanding my close relationship with my daughter and not understanding the importance I give to my dog. If he wants to interfere in anyway he's out.

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic

LOL! Omg, I need to hear these stories.

My list:

Smoking

"Rough around the edges"

Atheist

If a parent, not involved in kids' lives

Doesn't brush teeth

Doesn't have a car (I live in the 'burbs)

Doesn't have a job

Allergic to dogs

Too critical/judgmental of other people

Loves Hillary

Doesn't eat vegetables

I'd like to say doesn't know the difference between their/they're/there and your/you're, but this hasn't always been a deal-breaker even though it's very, very high on the wish list!

• Like 2

I don't really think that much, so I may not be as specific as others have mentioned. I do, however have a few things that I keep in mind.

• Laziness
  • Dislikes animals... I don't have any pets, but I love animals in general
  • Too political
  • Judgmental
  • Gossips a lot
  • Is unreasonable
  • Not a team player - I believe that we both may have to compromise sometimes..we're different people after all.
  • Doesn't take the time to calm down and communicate when upset about something
  • Suffocates you. ( I like live and let live - we're together because we both choose that, and that shouldn't ever change, regardless of the length of our relationship)

nothingsintheflowerz
I'm pretty flexible but mental illness is out. Too much water under that bridge.

Why is that a problem?

I will not date somebody who is really into horses or horseback riding. I have nothing against horses, but that hobby seems like a black hole to me that consumes anything and everything.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I will not date somebody who is really into horses or horseback riding. I have nothing against horses, but that hobby seems like a black hole to me that consumes anything and everything.

You are correct. I'm already praying for my daughter's future husband :eek:. She needs to find someone who is a horse lover too or is rich!

• Like 1

did you have a bad experience with a horse when you were a kid?

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
did you have a bad experience with a horse when you were a kid?

I think he just meant horses are a huge time and finances suck!

• Like 1

1. If we're hanging out one-on-one and you're on your phone as much as you're interacting with me, I assume you're not interested

2. If you don't reply to specific messages/invitations in a timely fashion (or -worse- at all), I assume you're not interested

3. If you display a pattern of saying one thing and doing something else (like saying you'll show up and don't, or saying you believe in XYZ and behave the opposite way), I consider you untrustworthy

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
1. If we're hanging out one-on-one and you're on your phone as much as you're interacting with me, I assume you're not interested

2. If you don't reply to specific messages/invitations in a timely fashion (or -worse- at all), I assume you're not interested

3. If you display a pattern of saying one thing and doing something else (like saying you'll show up and don't, or saying you believe in XYZ and behave the opposite way), I consider you untrustworthy

So rude. I can't believe someone would do that on a date.