Women, do you wear makeup?

Almost never. If we're going out to dinner, I might wear eyeshadow or mascara and some foundation, but that's it. I don't wear makeup to work. It's just not worth the money and energy and none of my co-workers care.

(I do, however, use undereye cream, cleansers, serum and moisturizer religiously. Everyone, male or female, ought to take skincare seriously if they don't want to look like a handbag by age 40.)

• Like 2

I don't wear makeup or heels to work. I did when I was younger, but then I got over it and realised that my performance is what matters far more. I was in my early 30s when I stopped. Don't get me wrong, I'm still put together in a suit every day and well groomed. I just don't feel that makeup and heels are a necessary part of that, and I've had no complaints! And I work in predominately office (or onsite project) environment in a multi-nat where many women are done up to the nines every day regardless. I love that I can actually get ready for work without a mirror if I need to :)

I agree that a lot of the beauty and cosmetics industry is smoke and mirrors. I have sensitive skin and in my mid-20s was referred to a dermatologist that recommended three simple products to me (a cleansing bar, moisturizer and sun screen) that I can get at most drug stores and still use today. I'm now in my late-40s and still bright eyed and wrinkle free. (Admittedly I'm also mostly vegan, work out including lifting most days, and don't do sun exposure... I think this also helps immensely.)

That being said, I love getting dressed up to go out. Including makeup and (very) high heels. And I do love mani-pedis, waxing, and my four-weekly visits to the hair salon. I find it immensely pleasurable to indulge in beauty stuff when I feel like it.

• Like 2
Almost never. If we're going out to dinner, I might wear eyeshadow or mascara and some foundation, but that's it. I don't wear makeup to work. It's just not worth the money and energy and none of my co-workers care.

(I do, however, use undereye cream, cleansers, serum and moisturizer religiously. Everyone, male or female, ought to take skincare seriously if they don't want to look like a handbag by age 40.)

Staying out of the sun is the best way to avoid looking old by 40. I know older people who've got lovely skin but used minimal skin care. They simply wore hats and sunscreen.

• Like 4

I don't need makeup for work because I'm a carer. My makeup only comes out if I'm going to dinner or a party.

• Like 1

I personally think this "avoiding sun" thing is overrated, but it probably depends on one's ethnic background as well. The other day, I saw a clip of a celebrity on youtube. She's in her late 40s and is widely regarded very hot (she was picked as the most beautiful woman by People Magazine some years ago). Gosh, her face looked so fake. I have a 70-year-old female relative who was regarded as a natural beauty when she was young. Throughout her life, she uses minimal skincare products and wears minimal or no makeup. But she looks so much better than that hot celebrity. Go figure...

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic
I personally think this "avoiding sun" thing is overrated, but it probably depends on one's ethnic background as well. The other day, I saw a clip of a celebrity on youtube. She's in her late 40s and is widely regarded very hot (she was picked as the most beautiful woman by People Magazine some years ago). Gosh, her face looked so fake. I have a 70-year-old female relative who was regarded as a natural beauty when she was young. Throughout her life, she uses minimal skincare products and wears minimal or no makeup. But she looks so much better than that hot celebrity. Go figure...

A lot has to do with genetics and lifestyle choices, such as smoking.

• Like 5

The naked truth that people just hate hearing is that you can't do much against your genetics. Not for looks or anything else. No amount of skincare, dieting, makeup or plastic surgery will help your looks significantly, it is 90% genetics, 5% lifestyle and 5% confidence or lack of it thereof.

Ethnic background matters BIG time, obviously how your skin reacts to the sun is directly linked to the amount of melanin in the skin - something that is largely genetic. That doesn't mean photo damage is to be underestimated of course. But for most of people with office jobs - you have minimal sun exposure during the week anyway.

• Like 1

I wear makeup a few times a year (usually for fancy dinners where we dress up, and social events like attending weddings), and even then it's just concealer/BB cream and lip stain.

I've never noticed a problem with it in either my relationship life or my work life. The SO met me without makeup, and I didn't wear any at all for the first few years that we were together (we were students, so we didn't go out to fancy dinners, and none of our friends were getting married so no weddings). Seems to work well for him.

Re: work, I agree with you that there is a bit of a double standard for male vs female appearance in some fields. I can't believe it's still legal for companies to require women to wear high heels, for one thing! However, this isn't really the case in my field. In fact, I actually found that the more androgynous I dressed/behaved, the more the guys in my field tended to respect me, which suits me just fine (I prefer to save my feminine wiles for the bedroom or for men whom I'm in an intimate relationship with :)).

• Like 2
LivingWaterPlease

Check out astaxanthin. It's a supplement you take internally for general health purposes but it also protects your skin from sun damage in ordinary circumstances.

If you buy it make sure you get the natural, not synthetic.

I used to wear sunscreen but since taking astaxanthin don't have to mess with it anymore. Plus, since not wearing sunscreen you get the benefits (vitamin D3) the sun offers.

• Like 2
Check out astaxanthin. It's a supplement you take internally for general health purposes but it also protects your skin from sun damage in ordinary circumstances.

If you buy it make sure you get the natural, not synthetic.

I used to wear sunscreen but since taking astaxanthin don't have to mess with it anymore. Plus, since not wearing sunscreen you get the benefits (vitamin D3) the sun offers.

Please don't do this. Take astaxanthin if you find it helps you, but you still NEED to apply broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunblock regardless if you're going to be out for a long time in high UV exposure, or else you're putting yourself at high risk of skin cancer.

https://www.skincancer.org/healthy-lifestyle/vitamin-d/damage

In contrast, there is overwhelming evidence for the multiple benefits of sun protection.

7-16 Controlled studies have shown that regular use of an SPF 15 or higher broad-spectrum sunscreen reduces your chances of developing squamous cell carcinoma by about 40 percent,12 melanoma by 50 percent14 and premature skin aging by 24 percent.15

It has been proven on the molecular level that the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) light damages the skin’s cellular DNA, creating genetic mutations that can lead to skin cancer.2,16 Both the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the World Health Organization have identified solar UV as a proven human carcinogen, with studies linking it to about 90 percent of nonmelanoma skin cancers9 and about 86 percent of melanomas,10 as well as premature skin aging.11 In addition, UV radiation harms the eyes and can cause cataracts, eyelid cancers and other ocular skin cancers, including melanomas.17

In short, unprotected sun exposure puts you at risk for any number of conditions that can permanently damage your skin, disfigure you, sometimes even kill you. And the regular use of sun protection can go a long way to keep any of that from happening.

Does Sunscreen Use Lead to Vitamin D Deficiency?

High-SPF sunscreens are designed to filter out most of the sun’s UVB radiation, since UVB damage is the major cause of sunburn and can lead to skin cancers. UVB wavelengths happen to be the specific wavelengths that trigger vitamin D production in the skin. Nonetheless, clinical studies have never found that everyday sunscreen use leads to vitamin D insufficiency.2,18,19 In fact, the prevailing studies show that people who use sunscreen daily can maintain their vitamin D levels18,19

One of the explanations for this may be that no matter how much sunscreen you use or how high the SPF, some of the sun’s UV rays reach your skin. An SPF 15 sunscreen filters out 93 percent of UVB rays, SPF 30 keeps out 97 percent, and SPF 50 filters out 98 percent. This leaves anywhere from 2 to 7 percent of solar UVB reaching your skin, even with high-SPF sunscreens. And that’s if you use them perfectly.

Damage Before You Know It

The truth is, it doesn’t take much sun exposure for the body to produce vitamin D. Even committed proponents of unprotected sun exposure recommend no more than 10 to 15 minutes of exposure to arms, legs, abdomen and back, two to three times a week, followed by good sun protection.20 That minor amount of exposure produces all the vitamin D your body can muster. After that, your body automatically starts to dispose of vitamin D to avoid an overload of the vitamin, at which point your sun exposure is giving you nothing but sun damage without any of the presumed benefit.2,20

• Like 2
Michelle ma Belle

I wear it, although not all the time. And I enjoy when I do.

I'm not one to overdo my makeup during the day tho; good foundation, a bit of blush, mascara and sheer lip gloss. That's about it for most days.

If I'm going out at night, I'll glam it up several notches and love seeing how I transform as a result. Particularly my eyes.

When I'm not having to go into work or have anything special going on, I won't bother with any makeup at all and am perfectly comfortable going out in public and going about my business in the raw.

That said, I will agree that good skincare makes all the difference. I'm obsessed with taking care of my skin. It not only helps whatever makeup you put on look better but it also helps you age gracefully.

I have found that women with bad skin wouldn't be caught dead without makeup and are the ones who tend to spackle it on thinking it will cover up their imperfections when it actually does the completely opposite :/

• Like 4

Make up is actually good for the skin, as much as any other skin product. Most foundations have SPF filters and generally provide a shield against environmental factors.

Having said that: skincare products largely work on the basis of placebo effect. There are 2-3 ingredients that make a difference (retinol, SPF, some acids) and that's about it. The rest is pure placebo but it is a pleasant sensation that we're beating age and/or genetics (in reality biology always wins but it is truly pleasant to mislead ourselves :D)

• Like 3

Also - 95% of make up products can be substituted for another one. Labeling with a fancy name drives me bananas. Highlighter = shimmer eye shadow, concealer = thick foundation etc, lip stain = blotted lipstick etc. The different names exist to bamboozle young girls and older rookies.

Ugh and my pet peeve are so called "natural make up brands" - this is literally a theft: selling diluted pigments (e.g. skin 'tint' is just foundation sheered out with cheap solvent) on higher price...yuk.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease
Please don't do this. Take astaxanthin if you find it helps you, but you still NEED to apply broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunblock regardless if you're going to be out for a long time in high UV exposure, or else you're putting yourself at high risk of skin cancer.

https://www.skincancer.org/healthy-lifestyle/vitamin-d/damage

I disagree, Elswyth! This is what I use instead of sunscreen and four other females (my two sisters, my mother, and my late grandmother), two of whom use sunscreen and are younger than I, in my family have had surgery on their faces for skin cancer. Basically, I'm the only one in my family who hasn't!

I have not had skin cancer, do not use sunscreen, and though my sisters do, and I am a decade older than one of them and older by years than the other, I am consistently thought to be the youngest of the three because of the condition of my skin. I look at least twenty years (I often hear thirty or more, twenty is conservative) younger than I am and have had no plastic surgery, procedures or fillers.

I am outside for at least an hour six days a week unprotected by anything other than astaxanthin, one of the purposes being to absorb the sun's rays on my face while I walk.

I am close to seventy years old, my skin is flawless (I wear no foundation or creams ever on my face with no need to do so), and don't have a wrinkle on my face, age spots or any crows feet. I use no commercial skin care products except for hand cream or lotion on my hands only sometimes. I have been using retin-A on my skin for a year but am thinking of quitting because it's not doing anything for me at this point and it's drying my skin out.

Everyone do your own research and decide for yourself, though. You can make a case for the importance of using sunscreen or not depending on which links you post. There's plenty out there!

And, yes, I know dermatologists recommend sunscreen. I did not post about astaxanthin to encourage anyone to go outside unprotected from the sun, but only to tout the wonders of astaxanthin! :) I did my own research, made a decision, and have benefitted majorly from doing so. I also use one other major skin enhancing natural supplement but it doesn't protect from the sun.

Am editing this to add that though I don't use any creams on my face (except as mentioned earlier have been using retin-A for the last year but may quit soon) I do use topical astaxanthin straight from the capsule on my face two or three times a week for about an hour because, although taking it internally is beneficial, there seems to be evidence that applying it on top of the skin of your face, in addition to taking it orally, gives even more benefit to your skin as only a percentage of astaxanthin gets to your face when taking it orally. The percentage from taking astaxanthin internally is enough to protect your skin from harmful rays under ordinary circumstances. Topical astaxanthin from the capsule is messy and stains your skin and any clothing it gets on so you need to wash your face very well after removing it. I really like the slight stain, though, because it makes it appear as if my face is slightly tanned.

How Sunscreen Could Be Causing Skin Cancer, Not The Sun ? Collective Evolution

Edited by LivingWaterPlease
  • Like 1

Today my daughter and I were heading out and apparently my talking messed up her make up routine as she was getting ready.

She complained that I set her back 20 minutes because she had to start over. 20 MINUTES? for MAKE UP???

No wonder why that kid always runs late

• Like 1
RecentChange
I personally think this "avoiding sun" thing is overrated, but it probably depends on one's ethnic background as well.

If we are talking about fair skin, sun absolutely causes damage. I have certainly seen its affects first hand. Growing up in a beach town, where women loved to tan, we started coining the phase "leather skin ladies". Saw the same thing among my fellow equestrians (we spend a lot of time outside). Wrinkled, spotted, dry skin.

And science backs it, here is a slide show from the Mayo Clinic on the damage sun does to skin.

Specifically how sun damage causes wrinkles:

https://www.mayoclinic.org

Solar elastosis

Ultraviolet radiation breaks down the skin's connective tissue — collagen and elastin fibers — that lies in the deeper layer of skin (dermis). Without the supportive connective tissue, the skin loses its strength and flexibility. This condition, known as solar elastosis (e-las-TOE-sis), is characterized by vertical creases, deep wrinkles, and loose or sagging skin.

The naked truth that people just hate hearing is that you can't do much against your genetics. Not for looks or anything else. No amount of skincare, dieting, makeup or plastic surgery will help your looks significantly, it is 90% genetics, 5% lifestyle and 5% confidence or lack of it thereof.

I do and don't agree... Yes genetics is huge, and no amount of expensive eye creams are going to get rid of dark under eye circles for example.

But diet does make a difference between healthy, and oily, or dry, angry skin.

And makeup?! There are some real wizards out there. The examples are many, but this girl for instance, you can't tell me make up made her look only 5% better.

Make up

Ethnic background matters BIG time, obviously how your skin reacts to the sun is directly linked to the amount of melanin in the skin - something that is largely genetic. That doesn't mean photo damage is to be underestimated of course. But for most of people with office jobs - you have minimal sun exposure during the week anyway.

Out here in California, a lot of people spend time outdoors and in the sun. Heck, I can see the effects on most of my friends from high school. We are all outdoorsy types, except for when they were tanning, I was covering up.

(side note, but its common to see local Asian women with driving gloves, massive sun hats or even masks, umbrellas on sunny days etc. They know about sun damage and avoid it on their fair skin)

Now I get comments like "don't you age?!" and I joke about hey - remember when you all teased me for never getting a tan!

Having said that: skincare products largely work on the basis of placebo effect. There are 2-3 ingredients that make a difference (retinol, SPF, some acids) and that's about it. The rest is pure placebo but it is a pleasant sensation that we're beating age and/or genetics (in reality biology always wins but it is truly pleasant to mislead ourselves :D)

Yep, I am going to brag here. People comment on my skin often. They act flabbergasted when I tell them I am 39, and say that the skin on my face makes me appear 10-15 years younger.

You know what got my skin really glowing? Simplifying my routine.

I use Cetaphil cleanser twice a day. A daytime retinal cream with SPF, and a night time retinal cream.

Thats it. This has taken my what used to be blotchy complexion with oily and dry zones to SMOOTH, clear, moisturized and supple.

I used to sell hocus pocus for $100 a half once. I have used some spendy skin care regimes as I was a rep for them in college. My skin looks better now than it ever did with this very very simple and cheap routine.

• Like 4
  • Author
Cookiesandough
Today my daughter and I were heading out and apparently my talking messed up her make up routine as she was getting ready.

She complained that I set her back 20 minutes because she had to start over. 20 MINUTES? for MAKE UP???

No wonder why that kid always runs late

lol make up is serious business. Seriously though, I was in a rush and poked my eye with a mascara wand and started crying and after it stopped 5 min later I had to spend 20 minutes washing the raccoon eyes off because it was waterproof (it was napalm proof...even scrubbing with olive oil barely got it off). Then I just put in eye drops and went without it.

I don't use heavy skin care. I have seen skin of people who use it vs never did and I am not that convinced of result. My aunt is Korean and skin care obsessed and my mom who doesn't believe in that stuff and rarely puts anything on her face. They both have great skin, but I actually think my mom's might be a bit better. Also I've heard prescription retin A not the kind that you can get over the counter can thin your skin over time so I'm scared off that stuff. But if you have bad acne scaring or melasma or such I can definitely see how some might find it worth it. I just think it's too harsh for my skin...

I feel like stuff with big result probably comes with a big downside (and probably health) I may very well be wrong. But if it's that effective what else is it doing. Like Latisse((bimatroprost). It's for serious glaucoma but also makes eyelashes grow longer. When everyone jumped on that wagon, I stayed off. Recently I heard it long term it dissolves fatty tissue on eyes (another side effect besides the already known eye color change)

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
todreaminblue

i am not a fan of mirrors i already feel ugly from a distance i don't need a close up ...i have perfected no mirror make up sometimes for church.....the heat is bad where i live at the moment .......so make up tends to melt off me.....i thought once i would set it on with hairspray....didnt work....:0)...my face felt really wrong....sticky...

i used to wear makeup all the time my ex said i look like a completely different person with makeup....he said i dont look like me.......and he asked me to take off the mask....so i did....i have always loved skin care products and interestingly enough my ex gave me skin care stuff for christmas....

i love the feeling of clean skin..makes me feel younger....not look younger but actually feel it.....i love soap.....adore it......especially soap from lush their karma soap...got that for christmas too....the smell of soap..... the silky feel of soap....makes me feel alive and bouncy ........

makeup actually makes me feel dirty......maybe its an ex hooker thing or the ex comment thing about me looking like a completely different person .....its not the mask i am supposed to wear.....

i would rather my skin felt and smelt delicious especially my face.....i make sure I have soft skin so ..lush products are the bomb and sukin...love sukin...my face......is kissable.....smilin....deb.........

• Like 3

I do and don't agree... Yes genetics is huge, and no amount of expensive eye creams are going to get rid of dark under eye circles for example.

Yeah bone structure and deep tissues of the face give most of the 'looks' of a person and they can hardly be changed without a drastic surgery if that.

Undereye circles are a pretty good example: depending how the eye sockets are situated one will have or not bad ones. Sleep matters ... a little.

But diet does make a difference between healthy, and oily, or dry, angry skin.

Yeah, to some extent. But you need to have a heck of a diet swithc to go from dry to oily. It is mainly a hormonal thing: i.e. it can't be regulated with skincare/diet/etc.

Also for diet people metabolize stuff differently based on their genetics. I never noticed sugar to have any effect on my skin. If I eat lots of protein though: I get immediately puffy AF. I never understood what can cause that, it is the opposite of what mainstream diet fanatics will recommend.

And makeup?! There are some real wizards out there. The examples are many, but this girl for instance, you can't tell me make up made her look only 5% better.

Make up

Not to be mean here, but this is 'Instagram's make up. It looks good on a picture (with some airbrushing) but in person... :sick:. Nevertheless the woman in the link has a great base (eyes, lips, bone structure) to start with...

Out here in California, a lot of people spend time outdoors and in the sun. Heck, I can see the effects on most of my friends from high school. We are all outdoorsy types, except for when they were tanning, I was covering up.

(side note, but its common to see local Asian women with driving gloves, massive sun hats or even masks, umbrellas on sunny days etc. They know about sun damage and avoid it on their fair skin)

Now I get comments like "don't you age?!" and I joke about hey - remember when you all teased me for never getting a tan!

Ha, that's very true though! You can easily tell if someone was outdoorsy type when they were young especially in the older generations where people will not use sun protection.

Yep, I am going to brag here. People comment on my skin often. They act flabbergasted when I tell them I am 39, and say that the skin on my face makes me appear 10-15 years younger.

You know what got my skin really glowing? Simplifying my routine.

I use Cetaphil cleanser twice a day. A daytime retinal cream with SPF, and a night time retinal cream.

Thats it. This has taken my what used to be blotchy complexion with oily and dry zones to SMOOTH, clear, moisturized and supple.

I used to sell hocus pocus for $100 a half once. I have used some spendy skin care regimes as I was a rep for them in college. My skin looks better now than it ever did with this very very simple and cheap routine.

You got it right :) Basically it is about all that you need, except maybe exfoliation. TBH consistency matters more than ingredients.

• Like 2
LivingWaterPlease

https://wellnessmama.com/15283/astaxanthin-benefits/

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/02/20/astaxanthin-whole-body-benefits.aspx

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/suzy-cohen-rph/astaxanthin_b_2750910.html

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=

https://www.cyanotech.com/pdfs/bioastin/batl33.pdf (clinical study)

https://www.sunsaferx.com/health-and-wellness/astaxanthin-wrinkle-preventing-wonder-compound/

Life Extension Magazine April 2013astaxanthin-provides-broad-spectrum-protection/page-01

Just a few articles about sun protection and astaxanthin, including a clinical study report. If you use it be sure to use it for three or four weeks to let it build up in your system before exposing yourself to the sun. I would also test it out to see how your individual skin physiology reacts with it before using it without clothing or sunscreen in the tropics or at the beach all day long.

For ordinary usage, I've found it to be great but I wouldn't spend all day on the beach during summer after having had no sun exposure all winter and expect it to totally protect me. I would experiment with it first.

This is only one health benefit of this antioxidant. There are many.

For instance, without astaxanthin salmon couldn't swim upstream at the end of their lives because it supports muscle strength.

I believe astronauts use it in their regimens and many athletes do, too.

Edited by LivingWaterPlease
  • Like 1

Unless you're a real, natural beauty people can be quite openly rude at times or catty if they see you without makeup. Especially if they normally see you wearing it. The world is very hard on women.

If I didn't need it I wouldn't wear it at all... I don't like the time it takes to put it on and just feel it's a whole big hassle. When I go out without makeup, a pair of dark sunglasses keeps people from telling me I look 'tired."

Tell me, what right do they think they have to come up to your face and tell you how awful you look? "Tired" is just a tamed down way of telling you that. It's always insulting!

Everyone is focused on a woman's looks in a way they never are with men. It's another burden we have to put up with.

• Like 2
  • Author
Cookiesandough
Yeah bone structure and deep tissues of the face give most of the 'looks' of a person and they can hardly be changed without a drastic surgery if that.

Undereye circles are a pretty good example: depending how the eye sockets are situated one will have or not bad ones. Sleep matters ... a little.

Yeah, to some extent. But you need to have a heck of a diet swithc to go from dry to oily. It is mainly a hormonal thing: i.e. it can't be regulated with skincare/diet/etc.

Also for diet people metabolize stuff differently based on their genetics. I never noticed sugar to have any effect on my skin. If I eat lots of protein though: I get immediately puffy AF. I never understood what can cause that, it is the opposite of what mainstream diet fanatics will recommend.

Not to be mean here, but this is 'Instagram's make up. It looks good on a picture (with some airbrushing) but in person... :sick:. Nevertheless the woman in the link has a great base (eyes, lips, bone structure) to start with...

Ha, that's very true though! You can easily tell if someone was outdoorsy type when they were young especially in the older generations where people will not use sun protection.

You got it right :) Basically it is about all that you need, except maybe exfoliation. TBH consistency matters more than ingredients.

I agree. it's 99.9% genetics. Aging is not only about skin. If you look at babies they have wrinkles under their eyes esp when smiling. It's not really about sunspots either. Freckles aren't a definite marker.

The skin also losing collagen and elastin, but I don't think topicals do anything for that since it's in the deep layers. The the change in underlying structure itself happens. The orbital rim gets larger from shrinkage and the midface, jaw bone, all the bones in face and cartilage change.

When the orbital bone starts resporption, the tissue under the eye becomes lax and eye bags happen. The bags aren't about the skin itself, but the cheek and under eye structure

https://i.stack.imgur.com/tk5IM.jpg

Hormonally as well the retention of water in the skin can makes it puffy too

Living water - Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it. Even before I heard all that stuff about sunscreen I didn't like it. It makes me feel all dry and chalky and it smells weird.

Fair - Good point. Sadly, it's often women making comments like that to other women when we should be supporting each other and lifting each other up.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1

Everyone is focused on a woman's looks in a way they never are with men. It's another burden we have to put up with.

Oh men get it too. Just focus is elsewhere: e.g. height for man is big, and it’s really something they can’t do anything about..

• Like 2
I agree. it's 99.9% genetics. Aging is not only about skin. If you look at babies they have wrinkles under their eyes esp when smiling. It's not really about sunspots either. Freckles aren't a definite marker.

The skin also losing collagen and elastin, but I don't think topicals do anything for that since it's in the deep layers. The the change in underlying structure itself happens. The orbital rim gets larger from shrinkage and the midface, jaw bone, all the bones in face and cartilage change.

When the orbital bone starts resporption, the tissue under the eye becomes lax and eye bags happen. The bags aren't about the skin itself, but the cheek and under eye structure

https://i.stack.imgur.com/tk5IM.jpg

Hormonally as well the retention of water in the skin can makes it puffy.

Yeah - great explanation.

I believe most people realize this to some extent but we really need to feel in control (even if we need a help of a placebo),

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough

Yesss. but doesn't have to be a bad thing. Change is inevitable part of life. I want embrace every change as a sign of experience and wisdom and a life well lived. I see a lot of beauty in that.

Plus I happen to like eye bags. They call them aegyo sal in korea xD

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 2