I'm not ready for a relationship right now...

no2days

It's the worst excuse but will agree it's usually "with you". Read my previous thread from 2015. Don't give this guy another thought.

Cookiesandough

It's not always just *WITH YOU* (I love how people always capitalize that, as if the bigger letters will hit the person's ego harder) I mean, there was a time in my life where I would not have been in a rship anyone and it wasn't because I wanted to date around. Probably the opposite. I just didn't want to be beholden to anyone else and close the rift in the sky over Thedus on my Xbox. I wanted to live my life alone.

But people are right, the bottom line is the same. At the end of the day, they are not interested enough in you. Their priorities are elsewhere.

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
It's not always just *WITH YOU* (I love how people always capitalize that, as if the bigger letters will hit the person's ego harder)

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Exactly - like a bunch of evil cheerleaders trying to make you feel as bad as you possibly can :lmao:

I mean, there was a time in my life where I would not have been in a rship anyone and it wasn't because I wanted to date around. Probably the opposite. I just didn't want to be beholden to anyone else and close the rift in the sky over Thedus on my Xbox. I wanted to live my life alone.

I'm actually shocked that people here tend to say they haven't experienced it. Every single person I've had one-on-one conversation with will refer to such times in their lives, at one point or another.

But people are right, the bottom line is the same. At the end of the day, they are not interested enough in *YOU*. There priorities are elsewhere.

True. This won't be a fast lane, so if one is in a rush, it is a very bad decision to wait around.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough
:lmao::lmao::lmao: Exactly - like a bunch of evil cheerleaders trying to make you feel as bad as you possibly can :lmao:

I'm actually shocked that people here tend to say they haven't experienced it. Every single person I've had one-on-one conversation with will refer to such times in their lives, at one point or another.

True. This won't be a fast lane, so if one is in a rush, it is a very bad decision to wait around.

Ohh my grammar. :lmao: @ evil cheerleaders.

U*G*L*Y you ain't got no alibi, they don't want YOU!" *\o/*

I thought we learned a long time ago not to project all our desires onto people. Or is my dad lying when he says he doesn't want to watch the LOTR trilogy for the 10th time........

It amazes me too how some people it's unfathomable that a person wouldn't want a relationship period, but I think people who do think the same of us. We'll never understand each other. I'm still like this but at least now I think I open to someone snapping me out of it. I hope to find someone who will give me a reason to give up all these documentaries for them. They're going to have to be something special or addicted to docos as well.

I think people are are way too absolutist about these things. I'm guilty of it too, because I think it's bad to devote yourself to an outcome that has a strong possibility of not working out for you. But sometimes it does. Life is weird. People change. Feelings change. People who once didn't think it would work out cross paths again and become inseparable. I guess if the person can extricate themselves from a particular outcome and it's not causing them problems...why not leave the door open

• Like 1

LOL Cookies :D

Yeah i see the point not too project too much but TBH the point where is too much is usually hard to miss (that’s when the uninterested person drops off the face of Earth :lmao: ...or one of the less extreme versions)

I think after a rest (break of dating attempts) the desire (and chance) for relationship skyrockets, I’m sure you’d find a person to discuss your documentaries with ;) My own desires are off chart right now, I’m heading steadily towards doing something stupid but I accepted to follow the nature of my body&mind needs... I haven’t had that much fun in a while and before the break the though of flirting was upsetting me.

+1000 for the absolutist thoughts. I think the streamlined though process that CBT, RET and related propose is suited for people that can’t cope with uncertainty. It just makes them less stressed. But then I’m almost on the other extreme: situations with extreme uncertainty (personal/dating) get me off... So to get to simplify to No Contact!! It IS Over if no ring by June! ILY by week 13 or I’m out! Etc just... I don’t know, it made me feel like a shell of a human when I was experimenting in that lines (and hell i did - for years).

For OP... she’s not in a rush, so i don’t see the damage to let things unfold (even if unfolding will include resolution of this relationship to nothing - but naturally, when she’s ready. If it takes months or an year - so be it, life won’t be over then).

Ohh my grammar. :lmao: @ evil cheerleaders.

U*G*L*Y you ain't got no alibi, they don't want YOU!" *\o/*

I thought we learned a long time ago not to project all our desires onto people. Or is my dad lying when he says he doesn't want to watch the LOTR trilogy for the 10th time........

It amazes me too how some people it's unfathomable that a person wouldn't want a relationship period, but I think people who do think the same of us. We'll never understand each other. I'm still like this but at least now I think I open to someone snapping me out of it. I hope to find someone who will give me a reason to give up all these documentaries for them. They're going to have to be something special or addicted to docos as well.

I think people are are way too absolutist about these things. I'm guilty of it too, because I think it's bad to devote yourself to an outcome that has a strong possibility of not working out for you. But sometimes it does. Life is weird. People change. Feelings change. People who once didn't think it would work out cross paths again and become inseparable. I guess if the person can extricate themselves from a particular outcome and it's not causing them problems...why not leave the door open

Edited by No_Go
  • Like 1