Wedding questions?

salparadise
Interesting. It sounds like most people don't actually specify anything about it on the invite, then?

If the invitation doesn't specifically say the children are invited, then no one should assume they are. I think it would be crass to say so outright though.

If many of the attendees have young children, and esp. if they're traveling to be there, making child care available would be a gracious, efficient solution. Then you could include words to the effect of "on-site childcare will be provided for children under 10." Perhaps include that as an insert so as not to spoil the elegance of the invitation itself.

This won't guarantee that someone won't get it, or that someone might try to assert their right to take their child wherever. No easy solution for that, but you could have the ushers or director or someone else ready to redirect them to the child care room.

Congratulations!!!

*sorry, I'm only six months late to this thread. I didn't look at the date before posting.

Edited by salparadise
  • Like 1
  • Author
If the invitation doesn't specifically say the children are invited, then no one should assume they are. I think it would be crass to say so outright though.

If many of the attendees have young children, and esp. if they're traveling to be there, making child care available would be a gracious, efficient solution. Then you could include words to the effect of "on-site childcare will be provided for children under 10." Perhaps include that as an insert so as not to spoil the elegance of the invitation itself.

This won't guarantee that someone won't get it, or that someone might try to assert their right to take their child wherever. No easy solution for that, but you could have the ushers or director or someone else ready to redirect them to the child care room.

Congratulations!!!

*sorry, I'm only six months late to this thread. I didn't look at the date before posting.

Haha, no worries! And thanks. :)

I don't think we will be providing childcare - there are only 2 couples on our guest list who have very young children, and both are acquaintances who live fairly close by (the only other couple with infants who was close to us couldn't come). I guess if they really do show up with their kids unannounced (eep!!), we'll just have to deal with it, since it seems a bit much to pay for childcare just to prepare for the eventuality.

.....Right? :laugh: