He’s still all on his ex’s social media. Should I be worried?

zawadi16

Why would he say more to the ex in response to the card when you're sitting right there?

Not even that OP. She sent a card addressed to he and his family. Only saying thank you is the appropriate response. Plus, she was doing something genuinely nice during a difficult time so I would only say thank you as well because it’s not like my ex was asking for me back or saying they missed me. He could very well still be interested and only say thank you.

We go inside and sit down on the couch. I see him text her thanks for the letter. I think if he was still interested he would've said more than that to her.

Yeah, right. With you sitting there eyeballing every keystroke. Ok...

That doesn't mean he didn't call her later on and have protracted conversation about a myriad of things. You wouldn't know because you won't be there when he does.

• Author
Yeah, right. With you sitting there eyeballing every keystroke. Ok...

That doesn't mean he didn't call her later on and have protracted conversation about a myriad of things. You wouldn't know because you won't be there when he does.

He told me that’s all he said to her. If he’s telling the truth doesn’t that mean he’s not interested?

He told me that’s all he said to her. If he’s telling the truth doesn’t that mean he’s not interested?

Again, no. She didn’t say she missed him. She didn’t say she wanted him back. She didn’t say he had been on her mind. She sent a card saying she hopes his family is okay during the difficult time. What else is there to say besides thank you?

Yea I don't think he's interested then.

No matter which way you and OP try to flip it he told her thanks for the card. If he really didn't want to he wouldn't have. If he really wanted to show her that she needed to move on he wouldn't have responded at all. Bottom line.

• Like 1
He told me that’s all he said to her.

Of course he did.

If he’s telling the truth doesn’t that mean he’s not interested?

In what? Or whom? You or his ex?

• Author

In what? Or whom? You or his ex?

Interested in his ex. Assuming that he really did only say thank you to the card, wouldn't that mean he isn't interested in his ex?

Interested in his ex. Assuming that he really did only say thank you to the card, wouldn't that mean he isn't interested in his ex?

Sigh he is still interested in her Kendahke is the seasoned vet here so she'd know better than me, but if I had to put money it he still wants to be with her. He probably just doesn't know where he stands with her.

You keep forgetting she broke up with him. So you ask if he was still interested wouldn't he say more than thanks?

No. Not by someone who was dumped.

No. Not by someone whose attempt at hurting their ex backfired.

No. Not by someone who was told by the same ex I'm happy to see you move on.

No. Not by someone who received a card addressed to both him and the family aka it's not personal.

He didn't mean it when he turned her away. Just not that long ago he tried to hurt her/make her jealous. He did that because he still wanted her. You don't go from that to still liking her pictures only a few weeks ago, to not being interested because of saying thanks to a card. It just doesn't work that way when you've loved someone, especially someone that you wanted to marry. Again, could be wrong but I'm also putting my money on he was hoping she'd say something more once he replied to the card.

He still wants to be with her. Pride, ego, uncertainty about where she stands is what's standing in his way. If she'd said to him "oh baby I miss you. I want you back" he would take her back.

• Like 2

They are still too involved for me... I sense feelings remain for both of them. It's all too recent also. Just not something I would be want to mess with. Sounds like they have not fully resolved whatever is between them...this really needs to happen before he should be trying to date other people.

They could probably have a civil friendship down the road but I wouldn't want to be involved until it's only that. That sort of thing usually takes much longer than a couple months to establish.

• Like 2
They are still too involved for me... I sense feelings remain for both of them. It's all too recent also. Just not something I would be want to mess with. Sounds like they have not fully resolved whatever is between them...this really needs to happen before he should be trying to date other people.

They could probably have a civil friendship down the road but I wouldn't want to be involved until it's only that. That sort of thing usually takes much longer than a couple months to establish.

This. Especially since he even told his ex that he still wanted to be with her but felt like he couldn't. So even in the end he still wanted to be with her. It's just too much.