Addiction to cigarettes

Just a quick update..I've failed yet again...i set another date to quit which is on my birthday in February..

Somehow I got to prepare myself mentally...the reason I failed this time I didn't prepare myself and had smokes laying around..would appreciate any tips on how I can prepare mentally...sorry I let you guys down

My husband, my son and I have all given up together, we're all vaping instead. One week so far, my husband was a really heavy smoker. We're all encouraging each other and reminding each other how much we would have spent on cigarettes (they're really expensive in NZ around $23 for a packet of 20 or $90 for a 50gm pouch of tobacco.)

Good luck in your next attempt.

Just a quick update..I've failed yet again...i set another date to quit which is on my birthday in February..

Somehow I got to prepare myself mentally...the reason I failed this time I didn't prepare myself and had smokes laying around..would appreciate any tips on how I can prepare mentally...sorry I let you guys down

Yea you have to pick a date and get rid of all your smoking stuff. Ashtrays, lighters, tobacco, etc and stock up on whatever it is you're going to be using to assist you.

I didn't read back so may be redundant but I used patches and always carried a water bottle. Like ALWAYS

Even if it was just to check the mail.

I also used the patches for close to a year before I weaned off of them but I haven't smoked since I stopped, going on three years this summer.

There are pointers at https://smokefree.gov if you'd care to take a look but yes! you need to set a date to get yourself pumped. You can do this!

• Like 1

Okay, OP. Here is my smoking history:

Started during school breaks as a teen in highschool.

Then later in my young adult years started smoking like crazy, a pack a day until 2014 when the ''e-cigarette was widely used among smokers who quit or wanted to quit

It worked really well. I am now still ''vaping'' which include glycerin and the fix of nicotine your body need due to your past smoking.

Bottle of juice for your e-cigarette are about $4 and last easily two days. A pack of Marlboro is now about $10

The normal, regular cigarette contains 70 cancerous substance. Vaping, none.

Its cheaper, a lot healthier, you have no reason to continue smoking Marlboro or Camel.

Hope this help.

Hello :)

I am also quitting smoking. Will smoke my last exaggerate in a bit. Let's do this together, don't mean to hijack your thread.

I'm going to post here if withdrawals get horrible.

• Like 1

You didn't let anybody down, not even yourself.

Keep trying to quit, eventually it'll happen. A family friend encouraged me to just keep trying and even if I slip up not to beat myself up. The trying is so important and giving yourself credit along the way.

Quitting is the hardest thing to do!

PS I'm in the midst of trying to quit too. Cut down a lot and eventually by summer time I wanna be smoke free.

Hello :)

I am also quitting smoking. Will smoke my last exaggerate in a bit. Let's do this together, don't mean to hijack your thread.

I'm going to post here if withdrawals get horrible.

This is a great idea! We all need support to rid of this disgusting habit (yet on some level I still like to smoke)!!

• Like 1
  • Author

So i got 3 of my wisdom teeth removed 1 was removed by a dentist long ago. But i had to go see an oral surgeon for the 3, its been 3 days with no cigs..i dont feel cravings for cigs at ALL

I was supposed to quit on the 12th of feb, but started the process sooner because i cant smoke anyhow!!!

so far good, no cravings whatsoever!!!! i feel freaking good

Edited by Buriall
  • Like 3
A pack of Marlboro is now about $10

WTF!!! 10 bucks for a pack?!?!?!?!!!!

when I started smoking back in 1980 a pack cost about $1.00

what a rip off....$10/pack to kill yourself

• Author
WTF!!! 10 bucks for a pack?!?!?!?!!!!

when I started smoking back in 1980 a pack cost about $1.00

what a rip off....$10/pack to kill yourself

thats still cheap considered what i used to pay 17 dollars plus tax.... i hear in other countries like aussie its like 20 something dollars

It's 15+ a pack here in my neck of the woods. If I were smoking like I once did I'd be shelling out nearly $500 a month to support my habit. Quitting is one of the things I'm most grateful for in my life.

• Like 1