Reasons why a woman should take her husband's last name and not reverse?

• Author
That was more directed to your response to the answers you've received.

I am definitely getting pissed off with the attitude that some people have displayed here. They have hardly read what I had posted and instead have jumped to conclusions about my character. Some people have used this thread to go on a rant about feminists without having read my argumentation at all. Sorry, if my replies are then not as sugarcoated and feminine as you would like them to be.

I am definitely getting pissed off with the attitude that some people have displayed here. They have hardly read what I had posted and instead have jumped to conclusions about my character. Some people have used this thread to go on a rant about feminists without having read my argumentation at all. Sorry, if my replies are then not as sugarcoated and feminine as you would like them to be.

That's okay, sweetie. :D

and some people have used it as a platform to rant about other people and in turn they are looking like they don't listen to other posters opinions . :)

I don't know. loony seems to be the most aggressive one in this thread and the most intolerant of differing opinions. Just because a woman disagrees with a man doesn't automatically make that man misogynist, threatened, or bitter.

Disagreement leading to intelligent debate can be a great thing. If I were to state "I believe that many women are still oppressed" then that's an opener for discussion or debate. I would expect to be asked to provide clarification and examples....and to concede that even if my statement is true, it's equally true that many women are not oppressed.

If I say "many women are still oppressed" and a man responds with fury, sarcasm and ridicule, then what could have been a healthy debate simply turns into a hostile mobbing exercise.

By the by...I remember an old boyfriend saying that most men who woke up with breasts and a vagina (of their own, that is) would embrace feminism with a passion and aggression that would make Andrea Dworkin look like Passive Housewife of the Year.

• Author
and some people have used it as a platform to rant about other people and in turn they are looking like they don't listen to other posters opinions . :)
Yes, Daddy. You are always right. :p

lindya, I don't think it matters if you say "I believe that many women are still oppressed" or "many women are still oppressed".

Disagreement leading to intelligent debate can be a great thing.

Yes it can. But calling everyone who disagrees with you bitter is not intelligent debate.

• Author
Yes it can. But calling everyone who disagrees with you bitter is not intelligent debate.

You know what. Go through this thread and then tell me who uses the word 'bitter' first and tell me to whom it was addressed, ok?

You know what. Go through this thread and then tell me who uses the word 'bitter' first and tell me to whom it was addressed, ok?

Unless I missed an earlier instance of it, it was first used by Blackfrost in reference to a girl he apparently knew in Seattle.

My previous comment was in reference to your use of that though, in addition to references of men being threatened and narrow-minded simply for having their own opinions.

• Author
Unless I missed an earlier instance of it, it was first used by Blackfrost in reference to a girl he apparently knew in Seattle.

My previous comment was in reference to your use of that though, in addition to references of men being threatened and narrow-minded simply for having their own opinions.

And who is the next person to use it? And where did I use this word?

And who is the next person to use it? And where did I use this word?

I believe the next person was RecordProducer. You used it in response to her on page 12.

By the way, if you click those numbers on the upper-right or lower-right side of the page you can peruse the thread yourself. That way you don't have to keep asking me to look for you. ;)

• Author
I believe the next person was RecordProducer. You used it in response to her on page 12.

By the way, if you click those numbers on the upper-right or lower-right side of the page you can peruse the thread yourself. That way you don't have to keep asking me to look for you. ;)

I know how to search for words and I'm glad to know that you can to it too without help from a woman.

Please refrain from making any allusions if you can't back them up with proof.

you guys sound like a married couple :laugh::lmao:

loony's just mad because I made her take my name and pump out babies in the kitchen all day. :D

• Author
You lost me. What have I failed to back up?

Here:

You asked a question. I answered. Then you spout off about how bitter and threatened all males are. Please.

Just because a woman disagrees with a man doesn't automatically make that man misogynist, threatened, or bitter.

I was just giving you an example with 'bitter'. You're trying to make it sound as if I'm the one here who is picking up fights while the other posters are oh so polite and friendly.

But whatever, I'm not going to marry you and you're not going to marry me and we will live happily ever after just like in the fairy tales, so stop bugging me. I've heard your opinion and that's it. If you can't contribute anything more useful to this thread than your judgment of my character then stop posting.

loony's just mad because I made her take my name and pump out babies in the kitchen all day. :D

:laugh:

don't let him push your buttons girlfriend!

in case anyone actually cares about the topic of this thread, I wouldn't even consider not taking my husband's name.

• Author

You know, that's a deal as long as you bring enough money home to feed us all. I mean, it's going to be traditional - or not?

Here:

But whatever, I'm not going to marry you and you're not going to marry me and we will live happily ever after just like in the fairy tales, so stop bugging me. I've heard your opinion and that's it. If you can't contribute anything more useful to this thread than your judgment of my character then stop posting.

Damn, woman. I was defending my position, not attacking your character. I never said you were bitter. You're not exactly innocent of character judgment in this thread.

I think somebody needs a beer and a hug. ;)

You know, that's a deal as long as you bring enough money home to feed us all. I mean, it's going to be traditional - or not?

No problem, but you need to stop wasting time online and go get me a beer. Pronto.

:cool:

• Author
Damn, woman. I was defending my position, not attacking your character. I never said you were bitter. You're not exactly innocent of character judgment in this thread.

I think somebody needs a beer and a hug. ;)

Ok, you're forgiven again (my oh my, how many times more will I have to do this? :D )

• Author
No problem, but you need to stop wasting time online and go get me a beer. Pronto.

:cool:

Sure. And where's my $ 100.000 engagement ring? Don't forget we're both going classical. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Some women would like to keep their name for independent purposes.

This creates problem when the man is not comfortable with his masculin power.

If the man and women understand and respect each other, whatever the case will not be a problem. When two people get married, they become one, but they are also still two. Names are just names, traditions are just traditions - whichever it is. If two people are happy, and two people understand each other.

Even your last name is "ugly" and "really ugly"... doesn't matter does it?

As far as both are happy and loving each others, they are only names...