I'm prob kind of a food snob. He's not.

edgygirl

I feel the need to explain why I've said that meu looks pretentious.

It's not the food - it's the menu itself.

It's mostly Italian written and partly English - many descriptive words are Italian.

This type of menu stops people right at the door outside when they can't see any translation.

It's pretty obvious they added a glossary after issuing that menu - why?

Because they needed to. The sales were no doubt down so they had to do something to make it understandable to the masses.

Unpretentious would have been fully Italian descriptions with English translations underneath.

As for who takes who out, that's why I said if she wants to take him out then intro him to somewhere he can get used to Italian 'type' menus.

I say 'type' as this isn't really Italian food - It looks a bit Italian with a mish mash of American ideas to me. Not at all appealing to me personally but I could see how some might like that.

Who pays OP?

If he is doing all the paying I can understand even moreso why he isn't open to paying a lot for a place where he doesn't understand the menu and has no clue if he will like the food.

LivingWaterPlease

I think people put too much stock in what is authentic and what is not. I only care about who serves good food, not really how "authentic" it may be.

^^^^^

This!

• Like 3

Who pays OP?

If he is doing all the paying I can understand even moreso why he isn't open to paying a lot for a place where he doesn't understand the menu and has no clue if he will like the food.

I think this is a good question too.

If he is paying, then I think the op can't really complain about his choice of places. At least in the short term.

Conversely, if she is paying, and he isn't willing to try where she is suggesting, then I think she has a valid gripe.

OP, which is it?

• Like 2