She travels for work constantly

Let's see. We have a wife who is away a lot, mostly with the same group of men. Who when she is home, GOES OUT WITH THESE MEN AGAIN rather than spend what little time she has with her supposed partner. When he asks about this, she gets annoyed/angry. Now I'm fairly certain this relationship is effectively already toast.

What I find interesting is the reaction of the crowd, many of whom are admitted cheaters (in some cases repeat offenders) who basically tell OP he is worried about nothing and shouldn't be so clingy. If anything, this means the exact opposite.

As babies are born and raised in this society...they will adapt to the changes and mindsets.

Nature versus nurture. Some stuff is relatively easy to change, other is very much not. And we're rapidly learning that sexual dimorphism and what results from it appears to be mostly nature.

People who constantly claim that millions of years of successful evolution and how they shaped us will suddenly be overturned in a few short decades. When basically all the data we have points towards the attempt to do so leading to incredible volatile and unstable relationships and thus wider society seem to be engaged in wishful thinking.

• Like 1
and i agree with this....if a relationship is a loving good relationship...each partner puts the needs of the other one first, That's selfless love. If I love a person for who they are...then how can i demand they change to suit me? If any changing is to be done...the only person we can change is ourselves.

Asking a person to leave their job because I have an issue is not really a fair demand. I need to address within myself...WHY it is an issue...and if it is not something I can live with...then i need to make a change.

I am not saying that the op is wrong in how he feels. But he should explore why he feels this way...and discuss it with her...and if they cannot come to an agreement...then he needs to make a change.

He feels the way he does because he wants a traditional relationship. He’s not going to get it with her. She has made that clear.

• 1 month later...
heartbrokenlady

I keep saying it. The more I'm on LS, the less I want another partner.

It's her JOB. It's how she supports herself.

People manage to have affairs while staying at home. If she is a cheater, she'll cheat where ever she is. But she's shown no evidence of cheating,

Guys on these forums keep banging on about how women just aren't the equal of men. But anytime a woman IS, with the job and the income to prove it, the same guys who call bulls**t on equality can't cope.

Do you love her? Does she love you? Do you trust each other? Yes, yes, yes????