Getting Rejected Sucks

GuitarGuy7

When all seemed doom and gloom, just think about your ugliest grossest friend or acquaintance that has a girlfriend and say if he, why not me?

Good point. Even though some of these friends are with somebody you wouldn't want as a romantic partner, either. But even that may be a reminder that it is your own choice after all, and that you have at least some control over it.

I think a marriage ending with kids involved is way more of a Rejection than, being rejected from the get go.

Nothing in life is perfect. Most people go with what they got. My friend R, got kicked out by his adoptive parents in 1990 at age 18 in November. His life has been very hard. In 2010 I had to house him and his kids in my Condo for 4 months while he got housing. I went to my parents for 4 months.

Here is how I see rejection. Looks/Personality/Personal Circumstances. One or all those factors are happening. I feel like I run up against Personal Circumstances a lot more, than Looks/Personality.

Personal Circumstances to me = Married/Separated/Still Attached to a intimate partner.

As much as a lot of us and myself, want a love relationship. I wonder are we really missing out. I think its better to get it when we are older. Not 18 or so. My childhood friend S just got off of a FB message with me. He told me him and his wife are done and he has moved on to a new relationship. So its 29 yrs done with his wife. Perhaps thats fine for him. For me. I have yet to be steady with a woman more than 6 months.

I have a real strong sense of self. I can be flexible. For me at my age of 46. I think the best thing for me with a woman would be the following. A woman that is single. Late 30's/early 40's. No kids. enjoy each others company beyond the physical. If we last 2 yrs and are going strong. We marry and enjoy our lives together. I want to travel and go to Rock concerts with Dinners out and Movies mixed in.

• Like 2

Its a feeling that hurts.

I think youve posted on my thread yesterday, i havent had this feeling in a long time. The last two girls i fell in love ended up being my couple, so i was happy.

This time i come back to the rejection, didnt remember this feeling, last time it happened like almost 10 years ago, i think its equal to being dumped on a LTR.

The best thing to do is meet with those friends that are always there willing to get you out so you get distracted, even if you feel like staying at home and do nothing. Gotta keep the mind busy, life will bring more chances.