I found out someone I am seeing significantly lied about their age

Cristoforo

Ugh this is such a difficult one. Although it shouldn't be!

I am 43, and I got ID'ed buying wine last week.

On tinder I am routinely approached by men who look like they could be my father. The few I have met, are totally intimidated by me (which I do not find attractive). I dont want to lie and I dont. But sigh, I do wish men would ease up on the she must be much younger than me business. Half the time they have lied anyway and are much older than they said they are.

Online dating is a complete pot shot and the majority of people doing it are lying. How much you want to hold it against them, is up to you and your circumstances.

same situation here. Only I got ID a few years ago, not now.

and I am not experienced sexually, so I don't really want the father figures contacting me. Men my age want much younger ones.

so what do I do?

I had men my age approach me in a bar and once they found out how old I was, they lost interest. Even if they are couple of years OLDER than me. Lame.

oh, I had a 19 old approached me at a coffee shop about 3 yrs ago...I asked how old he think I am? he said 25. of course I did not dare to tell him he is half my age. he looked like 25 to me though.

I was interestedn't in him anyway, so I just ran.

maybe I should have told him...just to see him drop to the floor.:lmao:

Maybe I'm just old fashioned (or, just old) but a woman lying about her age does not indicate that she is a chronic liar. I was raised to never ask a woman her age and I would not. It's none of my business.

Now that you have asked her, and followed up with sleuthing, evidently it bugs you. It's all down to what you are able to be OK with.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned (or, just old) but a woman lying about her age does not indicate that she is a chronic liar. I was raised to never ask a woman her age and I would not. It's none of my business.

I have always been confounded by this notion that you shouldn't ask a woman her age. I don't see anything reasonable in regards to that. I have heard and always ignored that sentiment and I have never been lectured or denied an answer.

Also, the age of someone I am about to or am dating IS my business. I would be seriously dubious of one who would not divulge such an innocuous detail.

• Like 2