Guys who cross their legs

When I'm on a bus or train, I will sit however I please. If 2 feet apart is most comfortable... then that is what I will choose to do. .
If everyone did like you while in society (only do as they wish) it would be total anarchy.

Besides... It's public transport. The majority of people riding do not pay their fair share of taxes to use it. If they won't pay then they don't get a say.
It's not because you are poor that you cannot afford manners.
  • Like 4
If everyone did like you while in society (only do as they wish) it would be total anarchy.

How I sit on a train is not equivalent to robbery or arson.

It's not because you are poor that you cannot afford manners.

It's poor manneers to try and tell other people how to sit. When I am next to another person sitting the same way I have never had issues.

This is kind of a touchy subject because I not long ago had this exact same argument with a woman in California over my sitting posture. I told her to screw off, and I think it's worth noting that when an elderly person got on the bus it was ME not HER who gave up my seat.

LivingWaterPlease

Imo, a tall, good looking guy, 6'2" or so with a perfect physique (not the body builder type all muscled up from workouts, but the type muscled up because he's naturally got great muscles, not bulging forced ones, the type who is born with a perfect body, legs, arms, etc.) wearing a suit and tie looks amazing, both masculine and refined, with legs crossed, one leg completely over the other! Shorter-legged, bulked out or heavier-legged men, not so much. This is also more of a dressed-up look rather than a blue jean look.

A well-proportioned slender woman can also carry the look (one leg over the over) off better than a heavier woman or one with shorter legs. Also, not as much a blue jean look for a woman, either. Just my opinion, am sure others differ.

Edited by LivingWaterPlease
When I'm on a bus or train, I will sit however I please. If 2 feet apart is most comfortable... then that is what I will choose to do.

Besides... It's public transport. The majority of people riding do not pay their fair share of taxes to use it. If they won't pay then they don't get a say.

Wow. Guess I'll chow down on durian in the bus because it makes me feel comfortable too, huh? The person next to me can pay for a cab if they don't like it! :rolleyes:

• Like 1
When I'm on a bus or train, I will sit however I please. If 2 feet apart is most comfortable... then that is what I will choose to do.

Ugh, sorry but such entitlement is just rude.

Not to mention unattractive:

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/wp-content/uploads/manspreading-e1441314705441.jpg

Lol:

https://www.newyorker.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/daily-cartoon-150109-manspreading-1200.jpg

Edited by olivetree
  • Like 1
Wow. Guess I'll chow down on durian in the bus because it makes me feel comfortable too, huh? The person next to me can pay for a cab if they don't like it! :rolleyes:

If you want to eat durian publicly, I will not complain. I'm not here to comment on your diet. If you want to smoke a cigarette I will say something because that effects my health.

I once sat next to a homeless man who literally pooped himself. I had to stand up quickly because it was flowing into my seat. I didn't bitch him out. I don't know what he has going on in his life, but using public transit means putting up with other people living life as the please. Sometimes that means giving them more space than you would like... other times it means accommodating their public defecation.

I'd rather sit next to the guy with loose bowels than an obnoxious rude person trying to control what I do with my body.

You don't have a right to control people's posture. Your position is the one that is entitled. I'm standing up for human rights.

Both of those pics are pretty funny though. :lmao:

If you want to eat durian publicly, I will not complain. I'm not here to comment on your diet. If you want to smoke a cigarette I will say something because that effects my health.

I once sat next to a homeless man who literally pooped himself. I had to stand up quickly because it was flowing into my seat. I didn't bitch him out. I don't know what he has going on in his life, but using public transit means putting up with other people living life as the please. Sometimes that means giving them more space than you would like... other times it means accommodating their public defecation.

I'd rather sit next to the guy with loose bowels than an obnoxious rude person trying to control what I do with my body.

You don't have a right to control people's posture. Your position is the one that is entitled. I'm standing up for human rights.

Both of those pics are pretty funny though. :lmao:

Just as it's the kind thing to do to not smoke near others, it's the kind thing to not take up two seats or sh*t your pants in public.

• Like 2
Just as it's the kind thing to do to not smoke near others, it's the kind thing to not take up two seats or sh*t your pants in public.

I will take the pants sh*tter over a nag any day.

I will happily give my seat to the elderly or those with physical issues. I don't ever see young women do that. This may be another topic, but they often don't tip either. Spent weekends doing Uber when it first started. 1 in 5 men tipped. Women it was more like 1 in 20, and virtually all of those were women over 40.

LivingWaterPlease

That's good because someone's got to sit next to him :sick: and you might be the only one who is willing! Yay, Cobra! I'll sit next to the nag or otherwise obnoxious person, rather than the pooper, at least when you get off the bus you don't take the nagger with you...:D

No offense, Cobra, just joking around with you a little bit!

That's good because someone's got to sit next to him :sick: and you might be the only one who is willing! Yay, Cobra! I'll sit next to the nag or otherwise obnoxious person, rather than the pooper, at least when you get off the bus you don't take the nagger with you...:D

No offense, Cobra, just joking around with you a little bit!

:lmao:

Nagger is not an appropriate term to use... ever. If you don't believe me... stand in a very public place and say it loudly.

Otherwise your joke is well taken and has me laughing very hard! :laugh:

LivingWaterPlease
:lmao:

Nagger is not an appropriate term to use... ever. If you don't believe me... stand in a very public place and say it loudly.

Otherwise your joke is well taken and has me laughing very hard! :laugh:

I didn't know that was a bad word. But, am sure there are many bad words I'm not aware of.

Just looked up, "What is the meaning of nagger?" on google and got the same definition from all of the ten first links. See bottom of this post.

I'm probably not going to stand in a public place and loudly say any word, whatsoever, though! :)

nagger

Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

nag 1 (năg)

v. nagged, nag·ging, nags

v.tr.

1. To annoy by constant scolding, complaining, or urging.

2. To torment persistently, as with anxiety or pain.

v.intr.

1. To scold, complain, or find fault constantly: nagging at the children.

2. To be a constant source of anxiety or annoyance: The half-remembered quotation nagged at my mind.

n.

One who nags.

[Probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse gnaga, to bite, gnaw.]

nag′ger n.

nag′ging·ly adv.

• Like 1

I will happily give my seat to the elderly or those with physical issues. I don't ever see young women do that.

Nice try. I've been giving up my seat to the elderly and disabled since I started taking the train in high school.

I don't think I've ever tried to convince a sprawling guy to have some manners and confine himself to his own seat. My opinion is generally that if someone is inconsiderate enough to do that to begin with, no amount of talking will change him. What I usually do is just shift seats as soon as another empty one is available. If he's offended that I would do that - hey, not my problem.

I would definitely never date a guy who did that, though. Fortunately, they constitute only a very small % of guys - most guys seem to understand respect. ;)

• Like 3
kittencupcake

I will happily give my seat to the elderly or those with physical issues. I don't ever see young women do that. This may be another topic, but they often don't tip either. Spent weekends doing Uber when it first started. 1 in 5 men tipped. Women it was more like 1 in 20, and virtually all of those were women over 40.

Young woman here..I gave up my seat to an elderly man this morning. So...there goes that theory.

It's common courtesy not to take up more than one seat on public transportation. While you are correct that you're not breaking the law, you are still being a d**k when you take seats away from other people because you can't be bothered to close your legs.

• Like 1
I didn't know that was a bad word. But, am sure there are many bad words I'm not aware of.

Just looked up, "What is the meaning of nagger?" on google and got the same definition from all of the ten first links. See bottom of this post.

I'm probably not going to stand in a public place and loudly say any word, whatsoever, though! :)

nagger

Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

nag 1 (năg)

v. nagged, nag·ging, nags

v.tr.

1. To annoy by constant scolding, complaining, or urging.

2. To torment persistently, as with anxiety or pain.

v.intr.

1. To scold, complain, or find fault constantly: nagging at the children.

2. To be a constant source of anxiety or annoyance: The half-remembered quotation nagged at my mind.

n.

One who nags.

[Probably of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse gnaga, to bite, gnaw.]

nag′ger n.

nag′ging·ly adv.

He is saying nagger sounds a lot like another word...

• Like 1