Guys who cross their legs

So I've been crossing my legs wrong this whole time!?!

Seriously never have I had a single woman comment on how I cross my legs, and the only comment I get about my masculinity is how much of a manly man I am.

• Like 2

I think it's a comfort thing. I have noticed taller, leaner guysctend to do it more. I never really thought about it.

I do think a man who always pees sitting down is odd. But that's baggage from my ambiguous ex.

• Like 2
GunslingerRoland
Well, it's funny. But l don't like women sitting there crossing their legs.

l dunno , it has a kinda guarded stuck up look about it, l like her chilled.

And there's a sexual side to it too which l won't go into but it turns me off,.

I find it interesting, how few women these days know to cross their legs when they wear a short skirt/dress. I walk through office buildings downtown in my city during summer and literally see dozens of women's underwear because they are sitting with their legs open and short attire. It seems very unclassy to me.

So I definitely don't see the issue with a woman crossing her legs, it's the proper way to sit in a dress/skirt.

• Like 2

I am very tuned in to posture/mannerisms/body language.

I like when guys take up space with their body, to a point (no man-spreading, etc).

It's masculine energy and makes me feel more feminine in their presence.

• Like 3
heavenonearth
I think it's a comfort thing. I have noticed taller, leaner guysctend to do it more. I never really thought about it.

I do think a man who always pees sitting down is odd. But that's baggage from my ambiguous ex.

I prefer my bf sit down when peeing than standing up. Gets the pee everywhere but into the toilet. It's so nasty. Really glad my bf is a sit-peer.

GorillaTheater
I prefer my bf sit down when peeing than standing up. Gets the pee everywhere but into the toilet. It's so nasty. Really glad my bf is a sit-peer.

I'm reading this with my legs crossed, thinking that I'd have to be missing one of my legs before I'd pee sitting down.

I guess my male energy is complicated.

• Like 2

I literally just tried sitting with my legs crossed like that, i don't understand how it is comfortable at all! My knee just digs into my leg!

Maybe it is a height thing? I'm 5"11 but i carry my height in my torso, i have fairly short legs haha!

I will do ankle on thigh but i don't think i sit like that a lot! Personally i like to stick my legs right out and cross them at the ankles - that's my happy position.

I've never really thought about how girls sit. My missus has a habit of sitting Indian style, she'll sit like that all the time be it on the floor, on the sofa or in a desk chair. I've never really thought anything of it - other than that shes bloody agile haha!

I find it interesting, how few women these days know to cross their legs when they wear a short skirt/dress. I walk through office buildings downtown in my city during summer and literally see dozens of women's underwear because they are sitting with their legs open and short attire. It seems very unclassy to me.

So I definitely don't see the issue with a woman crossing her legs, it's the proper way to sit in a dress/skirt.

Yep. I ALWAYS cross my legs or ankles when wearing a skirt, and I use good posture. I'm not a snob. It is just part of that manners and grace era that has all but faded.

• Like 1

I like when guys take up space with their body, to a point (no man-spreading, etc).

Haha , one for me , thanks that's nice to know that's me all over. Give,me room , lots of room. :D

I had to do it that way to hide my monster penis. I did not want to scare the ladies away. :) It should not matter how a guy crosses his legs. Women are a different matter if they are wearing a short skirt or dress. I would not mind, but maybe some old fashioned guys and girls would.

pee sitting down , WT, no thanks l'd feel like a girl.

l think my fav sit with a female if she's in skirts or what is knees snug but you know how they sorta point them off to the side, a sorta sideways angle , love that, just looks sexy to me.

l've got other fav sits if she's in jeans or things, too awkward to explain those though haha.

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 1
I literally just tried sitting with my legs crossed like that, i don't understand how it is comfortable at all! My knee just digs into my leg!

Maybe it is a height thing? I'm 5"11 but i carry my height in my torso, i have fairly short legs haha!

I'm the exact same height and general build. I can't cross my legs either. I have a really muscular lower body from years of sports. It's very uncomfortable... also when other guys do this I wonder what they do with their balls?

I do see stick skinny Euro guys doing this all the time.

Also... some guys have a medical condition that requires them to pee sitting.... or risk making a huge mess.

• Like 1

My thighs could murder most of you, so while I *can* cross my legs like that, I don't find it overly comfortable. I don't find ankle on the thigh comfortable, either, so I'm pretty much left with only going to places that will let me lay down. :laugh:

• Like 2

I am heterosexual as they come w/o the bravado and machismo and I cross my legs sometimes. I have some chronic lower-back problems and it actually forces me to sit more erect and allows me to do some stretching/twisting while sitting.

Is this after you've started dating someone or is this about perception from afar? I've never had anyone, as far as I know, question my sexuality b/c of my crossing my legs. Shoot, I know how to crochet and sew and I haven't received the kind of reaction one would expect. :-)

ahh, l've got long legs they go anywhere , maybe that's why cross leg is comfy sometimes , if ya keep the junk clear anyways.

Don;t do that much these days but l use to a lot.

Edited by Chilli

This.

I generally find it more attractive when a man sits with his legs open (not wide open, like rude), but just comfortably open. Arms comfortably out. It's the taking up space theory.

I can see the elegance in crossing legs, but often when a man crosses his legs, he is also making himself small in other ways: arms folded or crossed, etc.

If his legs are crossed, but he is leaned back with his arms comfortably open, that is fine.

It indicates confidence and assertiveness. Closing up (arms and legs) is the opposite.

• Like 1

I love it! My first boyfriend was very tall, with long but muscular legs and he always sat like that. So elegant and graceful, mmmm. He was 6.4", a kick boxer, half Nigerian, metro sexual didnt really describe him.

• Like 1

Haha I cross my legs at times when sitting

Ankle over thigh, and the cross as the OP described. Why? Depending on the chair or couch it feels good for my buttox

Do I care what you ladies think? No

Its just legs ! Sit the way you are comfortable. What's the big deal ! Men sit with legs joined together, on thigh, on ankle, on knee or spread all over. So do women.

I wouldn't conclude that the confident ones spread etc. The fake insecure guys are the most that spread their legs to come off as confident.The more confident ones tend to be mellow.

• Like 3

The only time a man's sitting posture matters to me, is that I can't stand the kind of guy who sprawls all over his seat even when there's a stranger next to him in the bus/train feeling uncomfortable because he's intruding in her personal space. I mean, men are capable of NOT sitting with their knees 2 feet apart, too! :rolleyes:

Aside from that sort of man (whom I find incredibly inconsiderate), it's never an issue either way. Sit however you like!

• Like 2
The only time a man's sitting posture matters to me, is that I can't stand the kind of guy who sprawls all over his seat even when there's a stranger next to him in the bus/train feeling uncomfortable because he's intruding in her personal space. I mean, men are capable of NOT sitting with their knees 2 feet apart, too! :rolleyes:

Aside from that sort of man (whom I find incredibly inconsiderate), it's never an issue either way. Sit however you like!

When I'm on a bus or train, I will sit however I please. If 2 feet apart is most comfortable... then that is what I will choose to do.

Besides... It's public transport. The majority of people riding do not pay their fair share of taxes to use it. If they won't pay then they don't get a say.