Am I right to be upset?

Also just to add, when he asked me to be his girlfriend on the second date and was apparently super happy, he left me pretty early that night because he was tired, and when he get home he went out clubbing with his best friend and he was out until I woke up the next morning. I'm not here to change him or stop him living his life and all that, but I was a bit upset that I'd only got to spend a couple hours with him and he lied about needing sleep.

The buddy probably goaded him into it.

• Author

Does anybody have any advice as to how best to deal with this? I'm hurt because he was so clear cut on being just friends only a week after drunk telling me he loves me and a day after we had our weekend break away together. I know it wasn't the easiest of relationships because it was never clear how he felt about me, and I hate the way it seemed so easy for him to leave when I wasn't ready for it. But I miss talking to him.

We haven't spoken to each other since he told me I wasn't right for him and the last thing I said was thank you for the time we had and that was it. I don't want to break no contact, but I feel like in my head nostalgia is building him up to be this incredible person and that's making the whole situation harder to accept.

Also thank you everybody for your help during this situation, it is much appreciated.

Alas you handle it just like any other break up. You do what you gotta do to heal.

I'm sorry he did a 180 on you but the small silver lining is that your gut was right -- you knew things weren't adding up.