Girlfriend has asked for space...

" to be treated like this " you said ...

You knew that she is going through divorce when you guys got together, right?

The other guy was the love of her life, had kids together, had a history, then he cheated and things crumbled ... she had mixed emotions after that but the love for might be still lingering.... which is completely understandable. Would you agree?

It takes time to move on for everybody.

She got into a new relationship with you before she was really ready.

I don't think that she did this maliciously against you, her feelings are confused now.

At least she was honest about this.

I know this situation is nerve wrecking and disappointing.

Give her the space she asked for and be kind when she reaches out.

• Author
" to be treated like this " you said ...

You knew that she is going through divorce when you guys got together, right?

The other guy was the love of her life, had kids together, had a history, then he cheated and things crumbled ... she had mixed emotions after that but the love for might be still lingering.... which is completely understandable. Would you agree?

It takes time to move on for everybody.

She got into a new relationship with you before she was really ready.

I don't think that she did this maliciously against you, her feelings are confused now.

At least she was honest about this.

I know this situation is nerve wrecking and disappointing.

Give her the space she asked for and be kind when she reaches out.

I knew about the divorce, absolutely but when I look back, the initial messages read along the lines of "glad when this will be concluded,it's a relief etc.

I accept that this wasn't the case now but even so she was pretty adamant that the divorce was a formality. There is no point splitting hairs at this stage though.

Like the previous post said, I am preparing for the next move in my life and I hope she comes out the other side in an ok way.

That said I need to look after me and get on with my own life. I don't think she'll reach out now.