When NC is not possible

Yes, you got a closure... some relief.

If this is where it ends, all of it.. its good for you AND YOUR FAMILY. Else if you and your AP are 'taking a break' with no bridges burnt and keeping each other for future fallbacks, I rest my case here.

And.... please dont use a lot of 'true love' or 'exceptional love' as much because someone else is paying for your true love... it doesnt work like that...

Good luck.

Edited by freengreen
  • Like 3
somewhere I was scared that she was free and I was trapped... but now I think I am the one who is free and she is trapped (because she has simply shifted her focus to another relationship and not addressed any of her own issues/pain/grief)...she really wants to be friends (she rang me to tell me this too) which I already see as a betrayal to her new relationship...I am gonna try and minimise contact because it now feels over for me

The reason she focused her energy on another relationship is because you were not free to be with her, she did what she thought was healthy for her, but I agree that her wanting to continue a friendship with you is deceitful on her part unless boyfriend knows about you. Why do you pick up the phone when you are supposedly Low Contact? How is this going to help you focus on your recovery or your M?

• Author
The reason she focused her energy on another relationship is because you were not free to be with her, she did what she thought was healthy for her, but I agree that her wanting to continue a friendship with you is deceitful on her part unless boyfriend knows about you. Why do you pick up the phone when you are supposedly Low Contact? How is this going to help you focus on your recovery or your M?

I have blocked her. I can see now how this feels like a car crash waiting to happen

The whole situation is so messed up in so many ways:

She was cheating on her long term bf of 6 years (and has known him 17 years) with me for 5 of those years

She breaks up with him and jumps into a new relationship within 2 months - she tells him this and complains that he was horrible to her about it (what would you expect!)

she breaks up with me and jumps into the new relationship within 24 hours (and doesn't even tell me that this was the reason when I asked her 3 months after break up - a few days later she rings to express her guilt!)

Her new bf is 200 miles away so she sees him at the weekends but she still goes to see her ex bf and works at the same place as me

she tells me that she feels she has betrayed me but needed something to make her feel better about herself and distract her....I can't see how rebounding can be healthy!

she tells me she really wants to be friends with me!!!!

I have blocked her and avoid any contact whatsoever now

• Like 4