Dating much younger women

• Author
But why would you want to keep her until she's as old as 32? Why not just keep having a stream of 20-year-old girls if youth is so important?? I mean, assuming you are a billionaire who can afford to keep supporting a stream of young sugar girls of course.

I'm not a billionaire.

When I'm in my 40's I think 32 will feel young to me. Lets see what happens..

But if I marry a 22 year old now.. she will only be 32 when I'm in my 40's.

Seems to me older guys tend to not be able to keep very young women past their mid twenties.

He is then 35+ and he wants a wife and kids, she will probably not want that.

She has a lot of life to live before getting stuck in a marriage with a bucket load of kids.

She may have loved playing "house" for a few years, but it gets boring.

She also starts looking around at her male peers and realises they are now solvent and have grown up. They have plans, nice stuff, careers, cars, houses, hot younger bodies and they speak her language too.

The older guy can get superseded by a much younger man.

The older guy wants to tie her down, she wants to party, travel and/or get her career sorted out. Trying to make wives out of very young women is a big gamble that may not pay off.

She moves swiftly on as it was just a "filler" relationship to her, he is heart broken as he had so many plans...

It is not age that usually kills it, it is different life stages that do the real damage.

A 35-40 yo man meeting and marrying a 30-35 yo woman is often a different kettle of fish. That can sometimes work as the life stages can match up. Both are more ready to settle down.

• Author
Seems to me older guys tend to not be able to keep very young women past their mid twenties.

He is then 35+ and he wants a wife and kids, she will probably not want that.

She has a lot of life to live before getting stuck in a marriage with a bucket load of kids.

She may have loved playing "house" for a few years, but it gets boring.

She also starts looking around at her male peers and realises they are now solvent and have grown up. They have plans, nice stuff, careers, cars, houses, hot younger bodies and they speak her language too.

The older guy can get superseded by a much younger man.

The older guy wants to tie her down, she wants to party, travel and/or get her career sorted out. Trying to make wives out of very young women is a big gamble that may not pay off.

She moves swiftly on as it was just a "filler" relationship to her, he is heart broken as he had so many plans...

It is not age that usually kills it, it is different life stages that do the real damage.

A 35-40 yo man meeting and marrying a 30-35 yo woman is often a different kettle of fish. That can sometimes work as the life stages can match up. Both are more ready to settle down.

Making a lot of assumptions aren't you? Why do you believe every older man wants a traditional lifestyle?

This might shock you, but everyone's life doesn't follow the same boring predictable cookie cutter stages you laid out.

Making a lot of assumptions aren't you? Why do you believe every older man wants a traditional lifestyle?

This might shock you, but everyone's life doesn't follow the same boring predictable cookie cutter stages you laid out.

YOU are the one who said you would be marrying a 22 yo...

littleblackheart
How dare a man have preferences!

Real men don't care what some random woman thinks about their preferences.

What's sad is when insecure people have to put others down for their dating preferences.

I hit a nerve, I see. Like I said to the OP, I have no vested interest in your 'preferences' (that means I don't care, in plain English...).

I've just stated my opinion, which I am entitled to have - if you think that's a put-down, you're doing well sticking with the young'uns - you don't have thick enough skin or maturity to deal with secure grown-ups who say what they think. Good luck all the same eh...

Edited by littleblackheart
  • Author
YOU are the one who said you would be marrying a 22 yo...

No I didn't.

I said "IF". It was an example I was using to respond to another post.

• Author
I hit a nerve, I see. Like I said to the OP, I have no vested interest in your 'preferences' (that means I don't care, in plain English...).

I've just stated my opinion, which I am entitled to have - if you think that's a put-down, you're doing well sticking with the young'uns - you don't have thick enough skin or maturity to deal with secure grown-ups who say what they think. Good luck all the same eh...

Secure "grown-ups"? Lol.

Do you mean "adults"?

• Like 1
littleblackheart
Secure "grown-ups"? Lol.

Do you mean "adults"?

Yes, but I'm not sure what your point is - they are synonyms in the English language. Were you trying to put me down? Did I hurt your ego?

• Author
You're wasting your time, man. A lot of older ladies get really upset when guys talk about dating younger women. All they are gonna do is try to twist words and sling insults. If you like younger women, and you think you can get one, by all means, have at it. It's just a dating preference like any other.

I have dated both younger and older women. My current GF is my age, but I can definitely see why some guys are after the younger ladies. Less bitterness being chief among those reasons.

What's funny is when these older women attack me for my preferences they just prove my point why younger women are better.

I don't need old women nagging me. I'm a grown man.

But it's not just values that matter in these cases. Life experiences play a huge role, and frankly, most people in their early twenties just don't have the life experiences the average person in their thirties (or older) have, regardless of how "mature for their age" these people in their twenties are.

To be fair, the OP has mentioned explicitly that he's not really interested in anything long-term. If you just want casual dating, meh, I doubt differences in values matter too much. It's all a matter of each person getting enjoyment from what they're doing, it doesn't need to go any further or mean anything more.

So if the OP really wants to lure younger women for casual dating/sex with money and they are consenting to the trade, I'm not sure why any of us would try to convince him otherwise. The last thing we want him to do is try to "settle" (note the quote marks) for a woman his age and waste her time. Better for everyone involved if he does what he wants... and those girls presumably get what they want, too. :)

• Author
Yes, but I'm not sure what your point is - they are synonyms in the English language. Were you trying to put me down? Did I hurt your ego?

No you didn't hurt my ego at all. But it seems like I hurt yours lol.

littleblackheart
No you didn't hurt my ego at all. But it seems like I hurt yours lol.

Like I already said a few times, I don't care what you do. You're free to live your life but the thought police is yet to stop me from having an opinion. I happen to find it a little sad when I see a reasonably together guy aiming for younger women. Those who don't have kids might feel differently but as a mother, that's also the last thing I would want for my daughter (that's true for most parents I know).

I have many sad anecdotes of older guys only going for younger women, and we have one guy in our department in his early 40s consistently ridiculing himself going after young girls who are blatantly not interested in him. It's cringy to watch, and I feel for him every time he comes to the staffroom telling everyone about his latest crush; all he gets is pity looks, truthfully.

Accepting that your dating preference may not be everyone's cup of tea isn't a weakness, you know; it's not like I'm telling you how to live your life.

Edited by littleblackheart
  • Author
Like I already said a few times, I don't care what you do. You're free to live your life but the thought police is yet to stop me from having an opinion. I happen to find it a little sad when I see a reasonably together guy aiming for younger women. Those who don't have kids might feel differently but as a mother, that's also the last thing I would want for my daughter (that's true for most parents I know).

I have many sad anecdotes of older guys only going for younger women, and we have one guy in our department in his early 40s consistently ridiculing himself going after young girls who are blatantly not interested in him. It's cringy to watch, and I feel for him every time he comes to the staffroom telling everyone about his latest crush; all he gets is pity looks, truthfully.

Accepting that your dating preference may not be everyone's cup of tea isn't a weakness, you know; it's not like I'm telling you how to live your life.

Well I think your pretentiousness is "sad".

Also.. you have a lot to say for someone who "doesn't care" lol. Not fooling anyone, but nice try lol.

Have to agree with the OP and enigma32.

I am currently in a relationship with a young woman in her late 20s, I am mid-30s (soon anyway).

It's not necessarily because I love smoother skin, not because I want a naive easy prey, I am looking for a partner, companionship and love. And I am here to say that many, many 20s ladies are quite capable of giving that.

There's a thin line between the pre 25 year old and the past 25 year old, at least regarding their current situation (career and profession). I expect a post 25 to work, going to college later in life is fine and even a great idea, yet if she has her stuff together by 25, is attractive, caring and smart enough, I get excited.

The irony being that the role have been reversed for me. When I was 25, I was in a long relationship with a then 34 woman, and it went very well until the breakup.

'Age is a number', we are 'officially' adults by 18. I wouldn't go bellow 22-23 for some reasons but if given the chance I'd also date a woman my age, even older again.

• Like 1
littleblackheart
Have to agree with the OP and enigma32.

I am currently in a relationship with a young woman in her late 20s, I am mid-30s (soon anyway).

It's not necessarily because I love smoother skin, not because I want a naive easy prey, I am looking for a partner, companionship and love. And I am here to say that many, many 20s ladies are quite capable of giving that.

There's a thin line between the pre 25 year old and the past 25 year old, at least regarding their current situation (career and profession). I expect a post 25 to work, going to college later in life is fine and even a great idea, yet if she has her stuff together by 25, is attractive, caring and smart enough, I get excited.

The irony being that the role have been reversed for me. When I was 25, I was in a long relationship with a then 34 woman, and it went very well until the breakup.

'Age is a number', we are 'officially' adults by 18. I wouldn't go bellow 22-23 for some reasons but if given the chance I'd also date a woman my age, even older again.

I don't think age is just a number but other than that, I agree that plenty of 20 yos are mature enough, and of course it is possible for relationships with people with an age gap to be successful.

The point I was making is that men who go for younger women exclusively (key word in bold) tend to have major chips on their shoulder - that's true for every single guy over 35 I know. Their reasons for wanting a younger gf are rooted in insecurities or unresolved issues, or they are in the midst of a middle-life crisis.

If you just happen to have a younger gf, that's not the same thing at all!

I don't think age is just a number but other than that, I agree that plenty of 20 yos are mature enough, and of course it is possible for relationships with people with an age gap to be successful.

The point I was making is that men who go for younger women exclusively (key word in bold) tend to have major chips on their shoulder - that's true for every single guy over 35 I know. Their reasons for wanting a younger gf are rooted in insecurities or unresolved issues, or they are in the midst of a middle-life crisis.

If you just happen to have a younger gf, that's not the same thing at all!

Earlier this summer while on vacation, I witnessed a couple, an aging fella probably well into his 50s holding hand with a seemingly early 20s girl. This left me genuinely puzzled. I know they are both consensual adults, yet I wonder how this fairly unattractive geezer could date a fairly attractive girl who could be his daughter. Yes, again it's legal according law, maybe I was a tad jealous or envious. Maybe say geezer was wealthy or had other attributes...

The old stereotype about the 50 year old man divorcing his wife for a late 20s early 30s woman is common enough. Especially if the man is successful and rich. Maybe they are kidding themselves, maybe the younger women don't love them? It's a recurring topic here, of which I haven't find an explanation of some sort...

thefooloftheyear

!

I think the "chip on shoulder" is more because they don't like being judged...

Let's face it...Most women in their 30's either have kids or want them...And they grow bitter or anxious at the constant onslaught of their friends, colleagues, co workers etc, announcing wedding plans, bridal/ baby showers, etc..

No guy that's not in a position to provide that is going to want to get near that ....And additionally, if said guy isn't or hasn't positioned himself to a level that his peers may have(house, nice car, etc), then they are probably going to feel inferior when judged by a similar aged woman who expects that...

So what to do??

Go find a woman/girl who hasn't had the baby fever or ticking biological clock concerns..the only problem with that is its usually just a time bomb,,,,She'll get there and if he's still not got it together, she's gonna move on to someone else who does have it together and is willing to give her what she wants...I have a friend in that predicament now...

TFY

• Author
Their reasons for wanting a younger gf are rooted in insecurities or unresolved issues, or they are in the midst of a middle-life crisis.

Is that a FACT or are you just making stuff up that fits your stereotypical opinions? Lol