Dumper girlfriend reached out for closure and goodbye. But cancelled?

• Author

Jesus. Some of you give good advice and some of you are ridiculous. Some of you act like what she did is completely normal behavior. She TOLD me she loves me. She TOLD me she wanted to be with me forever at one point. I am a goood ****ing guy and I did nothing to deserve this betrayal. I am still in a lot of physiological pain from this and have been trouble coping.

Jesus. Some of you give good advice and some of you are ridiculous. Some of you act like what she did is completely normal behavior. She TOLD me she loves me. She TOLD me she wanted to be with me forever at one point. I am a goood ****ing guy and I did nothing to deserve this betrayal. I am still in a lot of physiological pain from this and have been trouble coping.

NOelaine567 is right and yes this is very common. Women are at their prime between 18-27 and continuous male attention can make them second guess the relationship they are currently in. She can use defense mechanisms to justify her actions of moving to the next guy and shift blame to you.

A good guy doesn't mean anything. A good guy doesn't win the lottery. A good guy doesn't make you climb the corporate chain. A good guy doesn't survive in the wilderness. A good guy just doesn't do bad things and even that is a lie. She says she loved you because that is the right thing to say.. but unfortunate many women are slaves to their emotions (men too these days)

I get it, you are really hooked on this girl and you are hurt by her actions..but this is reality. Doesn't matter how sweet or innocent he or she is.. that doesn't mean they are not ugly inside. No closure is required... that is code for I want to make sure you don't hate me so I am going to meet up with you.. give you a sorry sap story and be free of guilt . One thing I do know... women hate if someone hates them...specially an ex and your ex will "tie up" any strings and live her life.

The best advice I can give you.. Is start working on you. Mentally, physically, and fiscally. Don't worry about the girl. Stop trying to find a purpose with this girl...because do you really want someone who will leave you over money or a quick lay. Also, its not the money... its the fact that he is more powerful than you are and to feed her insecurity a man with money, looks, and power will make her feel attractive.

• Author
NOelaine567 is right and yes this is very common. Women are at their prime between 18-27 and continuous male attention can make them second guess the relationship they are currently in. She can use defense mechanisms to justify her actions of moving to the next guy and shift blame to you.

A good guy doesn't mean anything. A good guy doesn't win the lottery. A good guy doesn't make you climb the corporate chain. A good guy doesn't survive in the wilderness. A good guy just doesn't do bad things and even that is a lie. She says she loved you because that is the right thing to say.. but unfortunate many women are slaves to their emotions (men too these days)

I get it, you are really hooked on this girl and you are hurt by her actions..but this is reality. Doesn't matter how sweet or innocent he or she is.. that doesn't mean they are not ugly inside. No closure is required... that is code for I want to make sure you don't hate me so I am going to meet up with you.. give you a sorry sap story and be free of guilt . One thing I do know... women hate if someone hates them...specially an ex and your ex will "tie up" any strings and live her life.

The best advice I can give you.. Is start working on you. Mentally, physically, and fiscally. Don't worry about the girl. Stop trying to find a purpose with this girl...because do you really want someone who will leave you over money or a quick lay. Also, its not the money... its the fact that he is more powerful than you are and to feed her insecurity a man with money, looks, and power will make her feel attractive.

well I can tell you it's not looks. And I'm not just saying that. No ****, this guy is ugly, skinny, and almost 40 years old. But works in law, and received a $755000 court settlement in some case he won.
well I can tell you it's not looks. And I'm not just saying that. No ****, this guy is ugly, skinny, and almost 40 years old. But works in law, and received a $755000 court settlement in some case he won.

Looks in a man is not typically valuable for women. They look for what they can get out of the relationship or man. Women reject good looking men all the time. often men on this site want to feel valuable instead of being valuable. They lose sight of them selves and allow these chicks to exercise this behavior... and young women will continue with this behavior because young men are foolish and allowed to be strung along and treated like ****. In a relationship man or woman, always make them think twice before allowing retarded behavior because your in love.. being in love does not mean your standards are lowered because your in love with someone.. if anything they should respect you MORE.

You're too young to have a girlfriend and be in a serious relationship. The better path is kick your arse now so you have the upper hand in the future as a relationship now will sap a critical point in your life where you need to setup the foundation fiscally and mentally. Unless you plan to juggle both

Edited by Sweetfish
  • Author
Looks in a man is not typically valuable for women. They look for what they can get out of the relationship or man. Women reject good looking men all the time. often men on this site want to feel valuable instead of being valuable. They lose sight of them selves and allow these chicks to exercise this behavior... and young women will continue with this behavior because young men are foolish and allowed to be strung along and treated like ****. In a relationship man or woman, always make them think twice before allowing retarded behavior because your in love.. being in love does not mean your standards are lowered because your in love with someone.. if anything they should respect you MORE.

You're too young to have a girlfriend and be in a serious relationship. The better path is kick your arse now so you have the upper hand in the future as a relationship now will sap a critical point in your life where you need to setup the foundation fiscally and mentally. Unless you plan to juggle both

I guess I allowed her to just naturally exhibit that behavior as messed up at is is. This was my first girlfriend, ever. She however, has been with ALOT of guys and relationships, even been married before, so she's been desensitized to relationships which is why I believe it was so easy for her to control me.