Have you met anyone decent through online dating?

Cookiesandough

Every time I "meet" someone who seems attractive, intelligent, interesting, well-rounded online, I'm always thinking 'there's gotta be a catch' and I'm never wrong. I want to be proved wrong. This guy is already showing his weird but I'm told I need to stop being so picky so I'm giving it a try this Friday. I never learn.

Every time I "meet" someone who seems attractive, intelligent, interesting, well-rounded online, I'm always thinking 'there's gotta be a catch' and I'm never wrong. I want to be proved wrong. This guy is already showing his weird but I'm told I need to stop being so picky so I'm giving it a try this Friday. I never learn.

What the heck dude. Everyone's got a catch. That is such a vague term for something that is a bad side. Do you think you don't have a bad side?

Also, what do you mean by "showing his weird?" - Weird can be a good thing, unless you mean creepy or something else.

• Like 2

I met a prince charming online. Heading to 2 years dating and he is as genuine now as he was when we met.

My brother met his wife online.

My best friend met her bf of 4 years online

My daughter's best friend met her husband and father of their 3 kids online

And the list goes on and on.

Statistics says that 25% of all couples you see out there have met online so yes, for 1 person out of 4 they met someone worth it online.

Cookiesandough
What the heck dude. Everyone's got a catch. That is such a vague term for something that is a bad side. Do you think you don't have a bad side?

Also, what do you mean by "showing his weird?" - Weird can be a good thing, unless you mean creepy or something else.

Oh yeah I do...That's why I'm online dating., haha just kidding.

Kinda.

You're right bluefeather. This is bad weird. it took us like 4 days to plan a date and I actually wound up planning the details practically by myself. Which is fine, because I'm good at planning but I'm just worried he's incapable of it. I don't think it's lack of interest bc every time I changed the subject he suggested the date, but idk. It's weird

I don't know what he will be like in person but I have a strange feeling he will be one of those guys who barely talks on the date

Edited by Cookiesandough
  • Like 1
Oh yeah I do...That's why I'm online dating., haha just kidding.

Kinda.

O_o It's funny cuz it's true, eh? jkjk!

You're right bluefeather. This is bad weird. it took us like 4 days to plan a date and I actually wound up planning the details practically by myself. Which is fine, because I'm good at planning but I'm just worried he's incapable of it. I don't think it's lack of interest bc every time I changed the subject he suggested the date, but idk. It's weird

I don't know what he will be like in person but I have a strange feeling he will be one of those guys who barely talks on the date

Hmm, I wonder if this communication so far has been over the phone or just yucky text!

To the original post, I'm not OLDing atm but there were a few fine people on there when I was. I can agree that the pickings are slim, but if I ever go back there, I'm kinda curious to know who the next one or two cool people are =P