Have you met anyone decent through online dating?

Ahh , sometimes l think the no one decent thing was more just about my State here.

Maybe it's just not quite the thing here yet, no clue really.

A lot of people here have their friends and get out and about , maybe most of them don't even use it.

l did meet those few great ladies though but over all mine was pretty bad.

But hearing guys from other countries and in particular the States ,UK, a lot of them seem to meet some great people from what l've heard.

And places like NY , you'd think there'd def' be no shortage .

Even as someone was saying models or well known people, logically they probably can;t get out and about as much or need to be careful about this sorta thing so some basic date site anonymity could be really useful to people like that.

Edited by Chilli
Cookiesandough

Then they think that they have you understood in a way that no one else does. And actually it is sort of the case. A woman's creation of you really is an art. And I have gone out with artists who have actually depicted this through their art.

God, I love life :D

That's an interesting way of putting it.

back on topic, location probably has a lot to do with it

I wonder how many times that model gets asked if she is a catfish or what "must be wrong with her" since she's on there. Poor girl.

Edited by Cookiesandough
decided to delete this one

Chili, mate. I read that, and thought you were on to something there.

Try it out as a profile. I dares you for fun.

I am the sweetest man you'll ever meet (but if you cheat me, I'll crush you).

I drink the finest champagne (but also drink moonshine until I fall asleep standing up).

I am extremely deep and complicated (yet easy to buy Christmas presents for).

etc

Remember, push/pull is chick crack ;)

• Like 1

haha , l was an artist for a long time and they were probably some of my models originally haha . nah , pretty unlikely seems your in the UK of course but it is a funny thing watching the depicted become the depict'tor , saw it a few times.

One even complained 3 yrs later telling me l should have done her like this instead of that,

had to laugh, gee , that was a surprise, not !

Chili, mate. I read that, and thought you were on to something there.

Try it out as a profile. I dares you for fun.

I am the sweetest man you'll ever meet (but if you cheat me, I'll crush you).

I drink the finest champagne (but also drink moonshine until I fall asleep standing up).

I am extremely deep and complicated (yet easy to buy Christmas presents for).

etc

Remember, push/pull is chick crack ;)

Haha , l read that one wrong to start but yeah, you could just imagine the girls. Maybe we just go the honesty route hey bas.

They love a project.

You and me have gotta have a drink one of these days .

ps , no dare needed mate that'd be nothing compared to what some of the girls write up but hey , maybe lwill if l ever go back, why not .

Edited by Chilli
  • Like 1

More men need to learn what their look communicates to women. Combined with the right energy, it's powerful. Improve your thin-slice.

This is so true.

• Like 1

But they should already know that naturally anyway unless they've been living in a cave.

But come to think of it , a lot of women don't get it with how they look or dress either so , maybe not.

• Like 1
I've recently signed up, but in the past few weeks as I'm chatting with potentials, I'm learning they're either extremely shy, recently went through a breakup, or have a personality flaw (arrogance, rude, tell you whatever they think you want to hear...) I'm wondering if anyone has met someone authentic via online dating?

OLD isn't magic, neither is face to face dating in my experience. In my experience, meeting someone out and about is just as likely to lead to a negative outcome as well....dating in general is a win few, lose A LOT game.

That said, I have met several decent people through OLD as well as complete duds...but that's also been the case offline. I think it may feel worse with OLD because you are using a convenient venue and talking to a lot more people so all the duds just happen all at once, while when you meet people offline, it's just not the same quantity and not in a short time, so it feels less.

• Like 2
I've recently signed up, but in the past few weeks as I'm chatting with potentials, I'm learning they're either extremely shy, recently went through a breakup, or have a personality flaw (arrogance, rude, tell you whatever they think you want to hear...) I'm wondering if anyone has met someone authentic via online dating?

Never did the online dating site thing. I did meet a gal in an odd TV talk forum about 8 years ago and eMail. Isnt this a meet and greet forum? Who knows?

Overall I have to say she is one of my best buddies online to this day. I really love that gal and she is as fun as can be. She can be a bit goofy texting me at times with time zones but its fun. I don't think we will ever meet. She lives in Australia and Im in The States. Thats a distance and most likely wouldnt work outside of goofy eMails to each other. I have no idea since we never actually discussed it.

We just goof on each other via long distance eMail.... We both had problems with ants a few years back. That was funny and strange at the same time.

I have been trying OLD for about a year now.

I have successfully gone on a few dates with girls after meeting them online, while I have casually chat with more than I've met in person.

I've come to find out that I don't really like what my area has to offer in terms of OLD. Last year, in August, I started OLD and today I logged into one of the websites and looked through and, surprise, a lot of the girls that were on there last year are still on there this year, too. I don't know if I should be more worried or shocked that they are still on there.

The thing I have found with OLD, which I guess is common in society online, or off; is that it is very superficial. It is something so simple that turns someone away because we have such a selection. The issue with technology, whether dating without OLD or with it, is that people have so many choices; they can window shop and keep blowing through others searching for "that guy" or "that girl". There's always another profile that looks better.

I met my ex in person over 10 years ago, and we dated 5 years after we met for 5 years and boom... That's over, and I was stuck on her for those 10 years and now I'm left with no in person connections, OLD isn't working and it's just a mess trying to find someone. Not to mention she ruined every friendship I ever had; now I just sit at home and watch movies, go on walks and drives and plan vacations... By myself.

Not trying to beg for pitty here, just telling my story.

All in all, OLD hasn't worked for me, I don't see it changing any time soon. That's what has happened to all of us, with us being connected to the world we have lost touch with the ones right infront of us.

Perhaps part of the problem is that when online, we condemn everyone else too quickly and too harshly. For example, just because someone is shy doesn't automatically mean they're not "authentic". Even if they don't want to meet ultimately doesn't necessarily mean they're being inauthentic...

people's lives are much busier and more complicated than you, as someone firing messages at them, might know... you're a stranger, you haven't met them... but admit it, you won't give many of them much of a chance, will you? Fire some messages at them and if they don't immediately respond the way you'd like, you're on to the next one.

I'm saying "you" but I mean this in regards to many... everyone is so obsessed with assuming no one else is authentic and end up disregarding even those who are.... it's just that no one wants to spend enough time really getting to know a someone online... focused on too many people at once, and not then able to really get to know anybody at all. In real life we tend to focus on the individuals we meet... in the OLD world, people's heads are on a swivel... too many choices... and being too arrogant, as if everyone else is a fake, stupid and a waste of time except for them....

• Like 2

The better strategy is probably not to focus so much on online dating per se, but use old, social media and other formats, such as forums to just talk to people. If a conversation goes some where it goes some where, if it doesn't it doesn't. Don't stress too much about it. You might be surprised what you end up running into. :)

I met my girlfriend online and she's doing something family related tonight. It's the first night we've been apart in a long time and I'm a little surprised how odd and wrong it feels. She'll be out past when I can stay up but I find myself still trying to stay up and catch her anyway. I should be manly and care less. :mad: But I miss her in my bed.

• Like 2

Yes this is all true as veteran of OLD. Those are on OLD are the ones that can't find a date, lost love, never had love, don't know what love is all about, have been abused, have been battered, still married, ,still unsure, have more than 2 kids, is really older than they have said, I can go on and on. Your just seeing one side of it. Men and Women what are both sexes saying about each other in their profiles.

Lets not forget the fake ones also who soul purpose it to cheat you from your money to buy the love they have for you. They love your money only not you.

Then there are women that will come to you house the same day they met you online. They want to see your house and see what you have to offer them only.

You can find the woman of your dreams but at a price, and search to make sure they are who they are. Otherwise you end up with misery..

i met my fiancée via OLD. My previous LTR also resulted from OLD. I also met numerous short to medium term flings via OLD.

The quality of the people I met online seems on par with the ones I met elsewhere. Probably slightly worse than meeting through social circle and activities but definitely better than bar hookups.

Well, l did meet those 3 lovely girls and one that could have gone anywhere l think , the one that disappeared , like poooofff , gone.

l think she got scared, just going on her history.

The other two , just nothing there , good ladies, just not there for me.We could've effd around with some silly short relationship or make do thing, it might've grown , you could do a lot worse, could've moved in with either of them , bit lacking though, l passed.

But it took a helluva lot of chit chat and time waste with others to come across these 3, nice girls though.

Edited by Chilli
The better strategy is probably not to focus so much on online dating per se, but use old, social media and other formats, such as forums to just talk to people. If a conversation goes some where it goes some where, if it doesn't it doesn't. Don't stress too much about it. You might be surprised what you end up running into. :)

I met my girlfriend online and she's doing something family related tonight. It's the first night we've been apart in a long time and I'm a little surprised how odd and wrong it feels. She'll be out past when I can stay up but I find myself still trying to stay up and catch her anyway. I should be manly and care less. :mad: But I miss her in my bed.

Yeah , your spot on.

l wasn't focusing on it by any means this was about my divorce, but l accidentally met gf in a divorce forum of all places.

l've met some damn nice people from here too.

The only catch is most of the busy and best forums are sorta US based so anyone l do meet is a lonnngg way away.

Cookiesandough

I always mess my dating up...

I always say something really cringey

Like the last person I was semi attracted to physically I was supposed to meet after he played music for kind of a date but all his friends were there. I left without even meeting him and texted I was shy and I "didn't want to c*** block Him" I'm just thinking over how WTF he must have been at that,,,,, he's such a classy guy too, can't believe I said that

Sorry just venting. I mean I guess I occasionally meet decent people but I screw it up..

Ahh , oops. Depends on his nature but he might've of chuckled at it later , in a few days time , or remained in the wtf mode, who knows.

But the weirdest thing about text , is that l use to think text was really handy because even in just everyday life stuff with people you know or whoever, you actually have time to think and get things down exactly the way you'd like too.

ln theory !!!!!!!!!!!

But isn't it amazing how easy it is to just totally eff up with texting people.

And then the worst thing is , when we do mess it up , there is will stay, frozen in time in black and white forever. Damn .

• Like 1
Gr8fuln2020

Am I right, but people who self-inflict damage by saying some peculiar things are trying TOO hard and/or just down-right nervous?!

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

thanks for the understanding. I guess we all mess up slip up our 'game' sometimes...and yes, it typically happens when you are nervous/trying too hard. It's just so rare I find someone remotely datable on the there so I get that way. Hope those things are going well with those women who seemed promising, Simplenfit

• Like 2

I have met a girl from online but not from online dating sites. Usually from gaming. Of course it took a while for her to convince me it's not a dude behind the female toon. :laugh:

• Like 2

Of course but it happens , it's only natural.

And now someone will come on and say , confidence, sense of humor and read out the rest of the internet list, yada yada yada, yawn.

This is reality , not the internet list .

And hey , personally , l reckon it's really cute too,male or female.

Even John Wayne stumbled around when he was girl smacked.

So for the girls , tellin ya , if ya really like him but his got a bit of foot in mouth, it's a really really good sign , he's crazy about ya.

• Like 1

I've met decent transparent people on dating sites.

They were left in the dust for one's that weren't

i have a few friends who met their boyfriends through OKC and they all seem really happy! i actually met my boyfriend through tinder. we've been together for over a year now and moving in together soon. i tried OKC for a couple of months and didn't like how much effort i had to put into my profile, etc, so, i took a break from online dating for a few months to do my own thing. my friends suggested i try tinder since it required less energy and time. a couple of months and a few dates later, i met up with guy who's my boyfriend :)