What am I doing wrong? [OLD]

Cookiesandough

OatsAndHall

I stick to my standards when it comes to a woman's personality, our compatibility, life-styles, etc..etc.. Those are the things that are deal breakers for me. For example, I chatted with a woman who is a bit of a homebody; she enjoys baking, cooking, sewing, watching Netflix, etc.. She was a nice woman but I am an active guy; I'm usually out and about doing something unless I am exhausted from work (like today..) or the weather is really bad. So, I didn't get the feeling that our lifestyles would click well; I'd be out and about fishing or working out while she was at home baking cookies.

However, I am not terribly fussy about a woman's appearance. I can find something physically attractive in most women. I just take a pass if they are seriously overweight as that is a turn-off for me. This has opened more doors for me when it comes to OLD. Some of this comes from my dating experience in RL. I have dated some women that are very attractive by societal standards but nothing has come of those dates for a variety of reasons.

To be blunt, I think people seriously paint themselves into a corner when it comes to a physical appearances on OLD. If you over-emphasize the physical side of things, you may be passing up more than a few quality relationships. Remember, looks fade in the long run but a fun, caring personality doesn't.

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough

Thank you for the feedback. You are right ? Told this dude I was stealing his profile, so I just copy and pasted his with a few minor adjustments. Solves that problem. Thanks ???

• Like 1
Thank you for the feedback. You are right ? Told this dude I was stealing his profile, so I just copy and pasted his with a few minor adjustments. Solves that problem. Thanks ???

You copied and pasted someone else's profile? :lmao:

Honestly, you don't seem into this at all. Why even bother?

• Like 3
bluefeather

Ok, I'm trying really hard to be.. constructive. What you did was not polite. I have put a lot of thought into my writing, so if anyone ever just copied me, that would piss me off. Find yourself. Find who you are inside and express it.

• Like 1

:lmao::lmao::lmao:I'm dying here... OP why????????? The profile is about you & what makes you unique, on the same logic you can just copy the dude's pictures, photoshop them a little bit and present them as yourself :lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 1
OatsAndHall

I like short, well-written bios that include a woman's interests and have a few funny, light-hearted sarcastic remarks that show she has some personality. Seriously, the best bios I have read are about a paragraph in length and they give me enough information to decide whether or not I want to shoot them a message.

• Like 1

What you are doing wrong is being too passive.

With no profile up & you only responding to guys who message you, you are sending a signal that you think you are so "all that" that you don't have to try. Since the guys know nothing about you, only the guys who are willing to date anybody or who are looking to put notches on their bedposts will reach out to you.

Put something in your profile & be more proactive.

It's fine to look at the pictures because you do need to be attracted to the person but you should review the profile & message guys who you find interesting. Say something more then hi. Even one sentence that shows you picked out something specific about him other than what he looks like will help.

Dozens if not hundreds of people look at you IRL throughout any given day. Most don't talk to you because they don't know you. You have to give people a reason to want to interact with you -- a smile, eye contact or something pithy / witty in your profile when OL.

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough

Thanks. Lol he seemed flattered that someone wanted to copy it! But I changed it. I just spent a good while writing up my own because of your suggestions. I took a lot of effort and I'm quite proud of it!

...Now this better get me laid

• Like 1

If that is your goal, you will actually have to go meet the person.

You should also try some more "old fashioned" venues like bars if sex sooner then later is important to you.

• Like 1

I'm not even sure what I'm reading here. Blank profiles, copying others? This whole thing almost seems like a joke thread and the OP is coming off as flighty and naive here. Guys do like dense and oblivious women btw, especially young guys. First to bed them, then to try to get them to say dumb things and make fun of them with their buddies in the relationship. But they don't respect them. Trust me.

• Like 1
normal person
Thanks. Lol he seemed flattered that someone wanted to copy it! But I changed it. I just spent a good while writing up my own because of your suggestions. I took a lot of effort and I'm quite proud of it!

Assuming this is a joke, you're really funny. Use the same approach when you make a profile or send a message. A girl with a sense of humor is instantly appealing in my book. You've got a universally loved skill, use it to your advantage.

• Like 1

hey cookie.

Yeah , you've gotta have something in there,

But l don't think your being too picky, personally l think that pays.

When l was on there back when , met dozens of girls but 99.9% just wasting my time. i;t was just boring, disheartening and exhausting and just off .

Personally if l wound up on there again l think l'd pass on all that next time and wait for that someone very special.

But , that's just me. l'm a quality not quantity person.

• Like 1

"Hi" would be fine if you were talking face to face. But i find it lazy and tedious in online dating as i see it more as an email that just says 1 two letter word. I write "hi" back and go on with my life. Check a few hrs later to find the amazing "how ru?" Or.. "sup?"

Filling in your profile cuts out some of the repetitive small talk and allows people to potentially relate to you and might catch their interest. It provides conversation starters.

• Like 1

Funny.

One of the girls l did meet in person because she turned out such a classic.

In her emails earlier , had no clue about little lines and cracks she was throwing in all over the place, thinking wtf is she on about.

Turned out it was just her classic dry sense of humor and when we phone she was cracking me up.

ln person , gorgeous girl , still had her sense of humor.

looked her up the other day when l took a look back in on that site.

She's still on there , damn, hate seein a good women go to waste.

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough

Yes, it was a joke. Sort of :laugh:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

This cute guy who I kept seeing on my matches but I figured would never talk to me sent me a message last night!!!!!!!!!!Is this real life :love: I cant believe all I needed was a profile. I don't think I'm going to chat with him because he's so far out of my league, but I just wanted to say you guys were 100% correct :) Thank you. I still have a lot of work to do, though.

• Like 1
This cute guy who I kept seeing on my matches but I figured would never talk to me sent me a message last night!!!!!!!!!!Is this real life :love: I cant believe all I needed was a profile. I don't think I'm going to chat with him because he's so far out of my league, but I just wanted to say you guys were 100% correct :) Thank you. I still have a lot of work to do, though.

This is what you are doing wrong. You want a date but when the cute guy you keep seeing over & over again messages you, you refuse to chat with him.

You're hopeless. If you don't chat with him you can't date him & you certainly can't get laid.

Really are you freakin' kidding with this?

• Like 3

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Indeed you do have a lot of work to do still. Like, actually writing back the guys you could be interested in :confused: The best profile in the world won't work if you don't actually follow through.

I can't believe that I actually needed to write this out. I think there are a lot of people who come on here who don't take nearly the responsibility that they should when it comes to their dating life, but OP you seem to be an extreme case.

• Like 1
This is what you are doing wrong. You want a date but when the cute guy you keep seeing over & over again messages you, you refuse to chat with him.

You're hopeless. If you don't chat with him you can't date him & you certainly can't get laid.

Really are you freakin' kidding with this?

I have a feeling the thread is actually joke thread. OP making crazy statements to get a reaction.

Next OP should post only pictures of herself with other women so guys are confused as to who owns the profile. That would be fun. Unfortunately, I've see women actually do this.

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough

Guys do that too. They post big group shots and you have to play Where's Wally. Or their main pic is with them and a MUCH better looking guy. This guy is just out of my league/too good looking for me, IMO. Passing him over. Doesn't mean I may not talk to someone who I think is a true match for me. I will heed all advice. Thanks :)

Edited by Cookiesandough

Are you kidding??? Cookies PLEASE respond to him, WTH not do it???

If he wasn't thinking you're 'in his league' he wouldn't messaged you.

Go ahead! Do it! You'd be fine

:bunny:

I just had my first OLD date and OMG I'm so into this guy I can't hold myself. Go and see who is out there for you. I'm in the extreme end of the spectrum of being introverted and quirky and still didn't die going on a date. You'll be just fien if you go out - otherwise you'd complain OLD is bad haha.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

• Like 1
  • Author
Cookiesandough
And the award for most avoidant person on LS goes to...

Do you really want to date? Are you afraid?

I am afraid. Every dating experience I have ends up a disaster. I am so awkward. Guys don't like me. Maybe I shouldn't even be on here. I am not having luck. Writing a good profile did help, no doubt, and I have received a few more messages and far better quality. Beyond that it seems a lot of the guys are struggling with conversation. Or maybe it is the guys I pick to chat with? I am not talking to the guys I actually like because I am so nervous I am going to screw up again.

A guy I was talking to but I blocked/deleted on my phone looked at my profile tonight and I panicked. I felt guilty like maybe he tried messaging me. Probably not, but I blocked to be safe

I don't know how you do it, No_Go. Maybe it is your age group? What age group are the guys you are talking to because I mostly get messaged by guys around mid late 20s to early-mid 30s. I list a bunch of interests on there including astronomy/cosmology/philosophy and they usually message me asking what video games I like .............

Edited by Cookiesandough