Calling all male mindreaders....

somanymistakes

I don't like beer. I do like pizza. And boobs. But probably not together. Hot pizza cheese on boobs sounds uncomfortable.

So is that male or female thinking? lol

• Like 3

The guys who believe that women all think the same are the ones who have issues in dating. In real life, I'm yet to meet a man who is settled and happy who feels this way.

• Like 1
The guys who believe that women all think the same are the ones who have issues in dating.

Are you suggesting that there is a man out there who has no issues in dating?

Can I meet him?

Well that works for me! Welcome to the club preraph! And now you've got me thinking of boobies - so I thank you for that trail of thought!

You're welcome! Boobies! Boobies! Boobies!

• Like 1
Are you suggesting that there is a man out there who has no issues in dating?

Can I meet him?

Let me rephrase: They are the guys who cannot connect with women.

• Like 2
MonkeyLogic

The one trend I've noticed is that women value their feelings too much. Feelings don't mean much, but a lot of women seem to think their feelings are the most important thing on the planet.

Let me rephrase: They are the guys who cannot connect with women.

How do you think that I've gotten them back to my place? Chloroform and hanging in dark alleys like Jack The Ripper?

These girls want to ltr me.

Some have been artists that have dedicated works to me, for goodness sake. I have a few on my wall literally behind me right now.

Try again.

The one trend I've noticed is that women value their feelings too much. Feelings don't mean much, but a lot of women seem to think their feelings are the most important thing on the planet.

They are to them. You won't ever have much luck with women until you understand their feelings have to be right before they feel sexy.

How do you think that I've gotten them back to my place? Chloroform and hanging in dark alleys like Jack The Ripper?

These girls want to ltr me.

Some have been artists that have dedicated works to me, for goodness sake. I have a few on my wall literally behind me right now.

Try again.

So what issues DO you have with dating? Because it doesn't sound like it.

MonkeyLogic
They are to them. You won't ever have much luck with women until you understand their feelings have to be right before they feel sexy.

I've had the most luck with women that understand that feelings come and go (i.e. they're not that important) including my current long term girlfriend and soon to be wife. The people (both women and men) that place their feelings so high, I don't get along with for the most part. They are way too wishy washy!

So what issues DO you have with dating? Because it doesn't sound like it.

I'll make a thread soon. It's a lot.

For a quick example?

- I nearly became a full blown alcoholic.

- My sex life declined to the point where I couldn't ejaculate

- I aged like 5 years in the space of 1

And that's not even going into my thoughts on the overall dating scene, and my general repulsion of it.

But, I'll play along, go Uri Gellar for a moment, and I'll use some divination to tell you exactly what you are thinking....

....shoes....babies....shopping....

I must be a man then. Shoes? Come on. Babies? Absolutely no interest. They all look the same to me. My daughter gave birth recently and I really struggle to find anything to say in response to all the baby pix. My son is so much more engaged - he loves being an uncle, visits every weekend to coo and cuddle, etc. And shopping? Hate it with a passion.

What am I thinking? About a review I've been commissioned to write. About a funding bid I need to finalise. About whether there is any point staying in the UK after Brexit. :(

• Like 1
I must be a man then. Shoes? Come on. Babies? Absolutely no interest. They all look the same to me. My daughter gave birth recently and I really struggle to find anything to say in response to all the baby pix. My son is so much more engaged - he loves being an uncle, visits every weekend to coo and cuddle, etc. And shopping? Hate it with a passion.

What am I thinking? About a review I've been commissioned to write. About a funding bid I need to finalise. About whether there is any point staying in the UK after Brexit. :(

Same here. Although I do like shoes. So maybe that makes me 1/3 female according to this rationale.

Human babies do nothing for me, and shopping is the most tedious and boring past time that I can think of.

Neither of these subjects can hold my attention for even a nano second.

However, I've been thinking about some tricky code review I'm working on.

About what an awesome voice Chaka Khan has.

Also, that I don't care about watching women's football (soccer) even though I enjoy watching football in general. How very non PC of me.

And that it's that time of year that my car needs to go in for its MOT.

Lastly and most recently, that I'm having a beer & pizza night tonight!

• Like 2
somanymistakes

I have never understood the shoes stereotype. Shoes are simply not very interesting IMO. I mean, some shoes are cute, I guess? But I don't understand why 'shoes' is the thing people go to when making girl jokes, and not 'dresses' or 'hats' or 'jewelry' or anything else.

• Like 1
  • Author
What a great questions. Light hearted, but with a serious side.

I think women tend to be easier to read than men simply because they show their feelings more obviously and tend to voice their issues - this is a very good thing, by the way. As a man, one of my biggest issues always has been my inability to communicate. I bottle things up and "suffer in silence", and that leads to bad things - frustration, anger, resentment.....and I'm very ashamed to say, in my case - an affair :(

I think it is safe to say that my wife is so much easier to read than me, whether the person doing the reading is a man or a woman, and that's simply because she shows and speaks her feelings all the time.

I often used to get slightly annoyed with my wife and often wondered why she was bothering to complain over such a "small thing", when I would have just kept it to myself. But I now see that her openness and easiness to read is a gift to me as a husband. I, on the other hand, had an affair...and managed to hide it, and my marrital dissatisfaction, hidden for several months. Who do you think got the best deal?

So, I do feel that women, in general, are easier to read than men, because they are more open and honest and wear their hearts on their sleeves, and I consider this a compliment and somethign to aspire to - especially in a marriage.

Of course this is a generalisation, there are lots of very open men and "closed" women. But in my experience, this is how it usually is.

Oh, and wmac, right now you are thinking of that lovely pepperoni pizza followed by a toffee fudge sundae and ice cream, that you will be having for your dinner tonight ;) and if you don't want it - please PM it to me !!!

I'd be more than happy to. I'll even include some poutine ( a Canadian specialty...gravy and cheese curds on french fries...:laugh::sick::laugh:)

About how women feel..each of us is different colored by our experiences, our values/morals and even the structure and chemistry of our brain/nervous system. Each of us is unique, and while there are some generalities that may often be true, this doesn't mean that it possible to say ' women react this way" or " I know what you think about this because you are female".

Take the old chestnut about how women like to to shop for clothes, shoes, purses, etc. I am female, and I hate shopping. I have one purse my husband bought for me, and when shoe shopping, my main goal is to find what I am looking for and get the heck out of there. The same holds true for clothes.

• Author
I have never understood the shoes stereotype. Shoes are simply not very interesting IMO. I mean, some shoes are cute, I guess? But I don't understand why 'shoes' is the thing people go to when making girl jokes, and not 'dresses' or 'hats' or 'jewelry' or anything else.

I agree with you 100 percent, and tat is a good question. Why shoes?

I often used to get slightly annoyed with my wife and often wondered why she was bothering to complain over such a "small thing", when I would have just kept it to myself. But I now see that her openness and easiness to read is a gift to me as a husband.

This struck me because it says to me that a man's response to a woman's innate emotions are basically a choice in perspective HE makes. YOU chose to see her openness and feeling of safety to share as a gift rather than something horrible and annoying and inferior.

This is the frame in which mindreading is NOT offensive. Positivity rather than negativity. Yet again, if a man who seems to just not like our gender reads our minds with "absolute authoriity" we wanna roll our eyes and smack him.

If a man who finds us actually valuable deduces what we may be thinking....that is okay. So maybe what bugs us is not the mindreading, but being an arrogant jerk lol

• Like 1
  • Author

This sounds like my older daughter. She's the same way.

It was hard for her when she was younger, because she didn't feel part of the typical teenage excitement and angst. She was always more ( for lack of a better word) mature. It was almost as if she had to grow into herself, which she's staring to do, and she's really blossoming.

I don't think she'll ever be a stereotypical "girly girl". She has not interest in babies, clothes or shoes shopping, etc. I think she sees all that as "fluff". Nothing wrong with it, but not her area of interest either.

• Like 1
  • Author

I hope it's okay to request this but how about we open it up to the men too.

I have heard even from some guys, that men are really simple, and so long as they are fed, have some source of physical intimacy, and maybe a video game and a 24 of beer, they'll be good to go for the next while.

In my own experience, even though I have heard it, I have never met a single guy who was that "simple". I have had several male friends, and none of them were like this. Mind you, They might well all have been perfectly fine with that for a short time, but over a long period, I wonder if they would have be. They all said they wanted to meet woman ( and in one case, a man) who they could have all of that with, plus a deeper connection as well.

Anyway, if you are a guy, do you feel some women treat men the same way I was ticked at in the opening post in that they think they know how they are thinking/feeling without asking?

• Like 2

;)

I will read your mind and guess you posted this because it is funny.....and it IS funny :D

I always loved it when Johnny Carson spoofed a psychic lol

But in all seriousness, if I were a man, I think the most horribly offensive mindreading assumption would be that all men are rapists. THAT one is disgusting, as are the women who purport it :(

• Like 1
I'll make a thread soon. It's a lot.

For a quick example?

- I nearly became a full blown alcoholic.

- My sex life declined to the point where I couldn't ejaculate

- I aged like 5 years in the space of 1

And that's not even going into my thoughts on the overall dating scene, and my general repulsion of it.

Well, I'm not sure those can all be blamed on dating but maybe something that runs a bit deeper. I can understand the repulsion of the dating scene. I think we call can. It's a mess.

• Like 2

Loved that Great Carnak joke about Geraldo Rivera. If it hadn't had two meanings, it wouldn't have gotten past censors, I bet.

Reading this thread, I think we are learning more about each other than most people learn texting before going out on a date. But it is still hard to correlate how the diversity translates to who is compatible with whom. I think it's still a crap shoot.

• Like 2
Well, I'm not sure those can all be blamed on dating but maybe something that runs a bit deeper. I can understand the repulsion of the dating scene. I think we call can. It's a mess.