Why do I cry at church? Does anyone else?

It could be the Holy Spirit. It could be depression. It could be any number of things that are going on with you. I know people who cry at long distance ads and I'm pretty sure it's not about the Holy Spirit moving them.

there are allot of churches that the Holy Spirit is jut not present

The HS isn't a person who goes to some churches and not others. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Outcast

It could be the Holy Spirit. It could be depression. It could be any number of things that are going on with you. I know people who cry at long distance ads and I'm pretty sure it's not about the Holy Spirit moving them.

The HS isn't a person who goes to some churches and not others. :rolleyes:

WHAT???? Give me a break.....it IS the Holy Spirit, and trust me, it doesn't frequent ALL Churches.
Originally posted by Outcast

Thus endeth the Gospel according to Moose :rolleyes:

Roll your eyes all you want.......most people on here get pretty irrate with me when I lay it down like I did. But the Truth of the matter is, unless you ARE a believer, you'd have no clue what we're talking about unless you've experienced it yourself. And if you had, then you'd be a believer too and wouldn't question me.......Truth is Truth.
and wouldn't question me

Moose, I am a believer and I at least comprehend that Truth and Moose are two different things. You need a megalomania check IMHO.

I have cried at church for many reasons... maybe I was mean to someone that day and I felt bad for it lol

But seriously, I've cried in church mainly because I'm sorry for all my sins, I cry for those I've lost or am worried about, I cry when I ask for strength, and I cry because I am so sorry that Christ had to die for us, we don't deserve it, nobody does. I'm not a hard core 'bible-thumper,' but I've come to terms with what I believe.

I cry every time I go to church, there have been times when I didin't and felt little from the sermin.. the music doesn't make me cry it's the message, sometimes I feel guilty and that is the reason I tear up but before I walk out they turn to happy tears because I know I am forgiven ;)

At my church alot of people cry and it's welcomed, there is alot of support and at the end of the sermin if someone needs it there is a prayer team I have gone to them several times and it is an AWASOME experience witch gives me great peace within myself... Actually about 3 weeks ago I had a crying spell in church and someone in the prayer team helped me so much by such a small little saying she said " Give the lord they keys to your life and let him drive" that made a bif difference for me... and it's working

STONE!!!! Where have you been?

" Give the lord they keys to your life and let him drive" that made a bif difference for me... and it's working
That's awesome to hear. Great testimony......
Has nothing to do with God though - it's the words of the song...somehow, it opens my eyes/heart/soul up, and it hurts too much. Don't know if that makes sense.
How can you say it has nothing to do with God? When it opens your eyes, heart and soul, are you sure you weren't having feelings of guilty admissions? If so, to Whom are you accountable for these feelings? I'd say it had a lot to do with the Holy Spirit touching your heart and soul and causing you to look inside yourself.......that makes more sense to me than it not having to do anything with God.
clandestinidad
quote:I'm just hoping that you'll see how wrong it is in God's eyes to compare your faith and relationship to other peoples' as arrogantly/prideful as you did

Do you see how you comitted the same act? Let's be careful.

I wasnt comparing myself to her at all....I was telling her that God doesnt like it when his followers act like that.

Its in the Bible....the story of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector.

Anyway, I was passing along information, definately NOT comparing the 2 of us, or insinuating that I'm better

Star Gazer, I'm just curious about something you've said. You said that the messiah is supposed to come during a 'time of peace.' Where did you read that or hear that? I'm not trying to be critical. I'm just confused by what you've said and I wondered if you could expound on that a bit.

You are quite right: We are fully able to make the choice between good and evil. It is my belief that by God's design we have free will. God expects us to choose.

You mentioned original sin:

From what I understand, (and if I am wrong maybe some of the more learned can correct me) God created us with the belief that we would have a greater desire for doing what is good. (In Isaiah God speaks of a beautiful tree he planted and how wild it grew) There was too much wrong in the lives of people, enough wrong that it was often impossible for people to approach God because God is only good and it was just putting a wall between God and the people He very much loved. What He wanted was a way for us to be able to come to him freely in prayer at any time in our lives and be forgiven. That is what Jesus did for us. He lived a perfect life and died so that we could open that door, so to speak, that if we accept His death as payment for our sin there is nothing any longer that stands between us and fellowship with God. It's the gift God wanted us to have.

I hope you won't feel I'm 'preaching to you' I'm honestly trying not to, but I wanted to offer my thoughts because I was interested in what you had to say.

Star Gazer,

I'm not meaning to sound like I'm preaching either, or that I know more than you do.....but I do believe you aren't understanding scripture......Jesus will not be coming at a time of peace. Not at all.......in fact, it's quite the opposite.....look at what's going on now, and you'll see exactly what state the world will be in at Christ's return.

Jesus did fulfill ALL criteria that you're speaking of, and I can go into great detail if you wish once I get home. I think you may be confused is all.

Then again, we could just be total opposites, that has happened a time or two before.....

clandestinidad

i'm not arguing...just pointing something out....

the messiah "ruling" at a time of peace thing.....well, he's not RULING now....he's dead....he cant 'rule' if he's dead, so yes, the fact that we have wars means that he's not 'ruling' right now.

to rule means to be in charge, and he and god obviously arent, in a sense,....b/c of sin and stuff and b/c the whole world doesnt follow him.

i'm not sure if i'm making sense. I'm trying to say that the quote, "the messiah will rule at a time of peace", could just mean that when/while he rules the world there will be peace....not necessarily peace for all time 'after' he rules. do you know if there was peace during the time that jesus lived?? that could explain it as well

or maybe there will be peace when he finally comes again...b/c then he will rule over the world.....do i make any sense?!?

clandestinidad

i know a lot about numerous religions, not just christianity.....I wasnt commenting about anything that I personally think, I was simply stating things from the christian perspective since that is what the thread was regarding. I prefer not to say anything about what I personally think about religion/faith/etc....I just comment from the perspectives that are being discussed at the time

clandestinidad

nah...I had forgotten that it started as just the "church"...I didnt respond to this until it was all about the Holy Spirit and such....so I guess I was off ;)

Star Gazer, Thank you for going into such a detailed explanation. I see what you're saying, though the way I read that scripture or understand the scripture is that the messiah will rule during a time of peace; I think Jesus will bring a time of peace. We won't see that until he's here in other words. I understand that you reject all that and I did read your posts which are very interesting, but you're right, we believe different things.

Nobody bashed you Star Gazer. I think it was the opposite.

You took the time to type out what or how you interpret the Scriptures. I happen to disagree with just about everything you typed, but there's Scripture in there.

You just picked and chose what you wanted to write, and you added your personal comments bending and twisting everything to suit your purpose.

We are all guilty of doing it.

We just have different opinions and views, that's all.

We get accused of preaching or judging, or claiming we're holier than thou, when all we're doing is giving our take.

I think it's unfair that we'd let you voice your side, then you claim we where bashing you.

All of this because I and others say it's the Holy Spirit moving the OP to cry at Church, and you happen to disagree.

Originally posted by Star Gazer

I don't believe in the Holy Spirit and I don't believe that Christ is the son of God, so there can be no "spirit" running through me. That's why.

It's the line "was blind, but now I see" that gets me. I have been very naive in my life, and I wish I could turn back time sometimes to prevent the pain that I have endured AND caused.

people please, even if you dont believe in the Holy Spirit please dont speak like that,

read Matthew 12

30"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. 31And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. 32Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

• 3 weeks later...
:lmao:
It's a shame you think this is a laughing matter......actually, not a shame, it's ignorant.
The others have your same beliefs, but somehow they manage to be much more diplomatic and tactful in how they express them. They and I can have differing opinions and agree to disagree, but you put people down for not believing as you do - not just here, but on every single board/thread related to God, religion, spirituality, morals, etc.. It's a shame.
There's nothing diplomatic or tactful about my belief. You are either saved, or you're not. You're either going to heaven or your not. You may call it discrimination, you may call it intoleration, I call it TRUTH.

Futhermore, I don't understand where you come off saying that I put people down for not believing the way I do. My belief naturally comes off that way, because it's either this or that, not this and that.

Truth is, there are people who will burn in hell, there are people who will have everlasting life. It doesn't take a scholar to determine who's who either.

you may call it intoleration, I call it TRUTH.

The word is 'intolerance' and what is terribly troublesome is that you just don't get that what you may believe to be true is not the same as objective truth.

The word is 'intolerance'
Thanks for the correction.
and what is terribly troublesome is that you just don't get that what you may believe to be true is not the same as objective truth.
No, what is terribly troublesome, is that it IS MY OBJECTIVE TRUTH, and I have the right to believe so. It is not YOUR OBJECTIVE TRUTH, and for that, I am sorry, even saddened, but it is my objective truth whether or not you say it is or isn't.