OLD & warm up before meeting

As said I'll put the profile up by next Wednesday :) I'll report then. Btw the mental masturbation appeals to me, maybe the issue lies there.

Clearly someone needs to create a dating site based on MBTI. Just like message boards based on MBTI, it would be swamped with INTx's and xNFx's. (nothing against these types, but I would not join that dating site)

And it also seems that you might already know how this is going to turn out since you said earlier that you have been on and off OLD between relationships.

salparadise
Agree.

Plus, the true MBTI (the one you have to pay for) is pretty comprehensive and has built-in mechanisms for validating responses/types.

I'm still intrigued by the notion of INTJ/ENFP as a match. Don't you find the F to be an illogical thinker? That drives me nuts!

ENFPs seem to be very aware of emotions so they sense INTJs well and let the INTJs lead logically when they need to.

Maybe Salparadise can explain this better:)

I will just say that based on their common intuition and similarity of functions, which are expressed in a slightly offset way, they are complementary... It's a "this person really gets me" feeling.

introverted1 - no, I don't think it means irrational thinking at all. Of course you could encounter an individual of that type who is irrational, but I don't believe it would be because of their type. Irrational people exist within every type. Don't be literal in trying to interpret individual axes mean. There is a lot more depth, and a lot to learn.

Two T's can end up being way too dry and information based. I have worked hard to develop my toward F myself to achieve more balance and be better in tune with my own and other's feelings. I love NF's! and I want one so much. My last two serious relationships were, and just know how it feels.

More info on the INTJ/ENFP paring...

INTJ - ENFP Functions

INTJs and ENFPs are going to hit it off and experience a natural spark because they will both live and thrive in the world of ideas, possibilities and meanings. They will feel a nearly “inside out” approach to intuition. The INTJ will have a singular focus, intense and deep, although they may think about more possibilities than they say. The ENFP will have a broad focus, seeing numerous possibilities everywhere. The INTJ may feel that the ENFP is speaking out loud intuitive thoughts and feelings that they have internalized. The ENFP may feel that the INTJ is grasping a deeper and more focused approach and insight to their ideas and possibilities, causing them to have a clearer focus and perception themselves.
Oh, well that wasn't the case at all. Why would you assume that?

Warning: I just did the test and I am an ESTJ.

If your ex came at you with complains of toilet seats, crumbs on counter and dirty socks on the floor is sounds like you were the messy type? right? I used the expression not pulling your own weight to express you didn't do your share at least in that department.

I don't know any woman, of any personality, that would smile at her boyfriend after he left the kitchen counter in a mess then moved to the washroom to leave a mess there then moved to the bedroom to leave dirty clothes on the floor.

Well if there are any women on here that wouldn't mind please speak up lol

introverted1
I will just say that based on their common intuition and similarity of functions, which are expressed in a slightly offset way, they are complementary... It's a "this person really gets me" feeling.

introverted1 - no, I don't think it means irrational thinking at all. Of course you could encounter an individual of that type who is irrational, but I don't believe it would be because of their type. Irrational people exist within every type. Don't be literal in trying to interpret individual axes mean. There is a lot more depth, and a lot to learn.

Two T's can end up being way too dry and information based. I have worked hard to develop my toward F myself to achieve more balance and be better in tune with my own and other's feelings. I love NF's! and I want one so much. My last two serious relationships were, and just know how it feels.

More info on the INTJ/ENFP paring...

INTJ - ENFP Functions

I suppose, like anything else, it comes down to degrees. The F personality is driven more by emotion than logic. That can balance T or frustrate it, depending on how dominant the F and T traits are in both.

I've always been drawn to other Ts, but maybe it's time to try an F. ;)

salparadise
I suppose, like anything else, it comes down to degrees. The F personality is driven more by emotion than logic. That can balance T or frustrate it, depending on how dominant the F and T traits are in both.

I've always been drawn to other Ts, but maybe it's time to try an F. ;)

I would if I were you, but it could be that our preferences are different. It's also possible that we're seeing feeling as more feminine and logic more masculine (I know, but we're often biased without being aware). All I know is that I am logical and if I try to date a woman who is also, it can feel like debate, analysis, lots of linear thinking, etc. Not very warm, affirming, romantic... which is what drives the kind of connection I want with a woman. A feeler draws out my feeling side, and I see that as a good thing. I can't explain it completely, I just know it's what feels right.

I will say that someone who is predisposed to emotional reasoning –– using what they feel as evidence of truth –– would be hard to tolerate. But that's way different than F/T in the MBTI. Someone who has a good balance and access to both, like the vast majority, tend to lead with one and confirm with the other.

You could go online and just order one up for a test ride. Women have that luxury ;)

Here's the link to that page with more info:

INTJ/ENFP

Edited by salparadise
salparadise
Warning: I just did the test and I am an ESTJ.
I could've guessed.

If your ex came at you with complains of toilet seats, crumbs on counter and dirty socks on the floor is sounds like you were the messy type? right? I used the expression not pulling your own weight to express you didn't do your share at least in that department.

Again, why are you so presumptive? I am not the messy type; I make the bed every day, keep things in their place, keep things clean and organized. However, I am not fanatical about that stuff. I am not a perfectionist... there is such a thing as "good enough."

Being INTJ I sometimes (often) exist in my own head. Her being ESFP, was focused on what she experience through her senses. So she comes in, looks around and if she finds anything not to her liking she makes an issue of it. Phukk that. I'm not the maid service. She had issues that went way beyond personality type –– i.e. disorder.

But the point of the whole thing is that she had no understanding of my type, but she did have a lot of expectations and judgement based on the assumption that she was entitled to ruin everyone's day over small sh*t, and was always right of course. I don't sweat the small stuff, and most household stuff is small to me. She would dwell on it to the exclusion of the big stuff.

If there ever were two people who needed to get divorced it was us. I hope she's doing okay, and I no longer carry any hard feelings, but man am I ever glad to unhitched from that woman!

I don't know any woman, of any personality, that would smile at her boyfriend after he left the kitchen counter in a mess then moved to the washroom to leave a mess there then moved to the bedroom to leave dirty clothes on the floor.

Well if there are any women on here that wouldn't mind please speak up lol

Hang on... let me call my ex-wife. She'll tell you you're right and commensurate with you on being presumptive, critical and unable to see the big picture.

I could've guessed.

Again, why are you so presumptive? I am not the messy type; I make the bed every day, keep things in their place, keep things clean and organized. However, I am not fanatical about that stuff. I am not a perfectionist... there is such a thing as "good enough."

Being INTJ I sometimes (often) exist in my own head. Her being ESFP, was focused on what she experience through her senses. So she comes in, looks around and if she finds anything not to her liking she makes an issue of it. Phukk that. I'm not the maid service. She had issues that went way beyond personality type –– i.e. disorder.

But the point of the whole thing is that she had no understanding of my type, but she did have a lot of expectations and judgement based on the assumption that she was entitled to ruin everyone's day over small sh*t, and was always right of course. I don't sweat the small stuff, and most household stuff is small to me. She would dwell on it to the exclusion of the big stuff.

If there ever were two people who needed to get divorced it was us. I hope she's doing okay, and I no longer carry any hard feelings, but man am I ever glad to unhitched from that woman!

Hang on... let me call my ex-wife. She'll tell you you're right and commensurate with you on being presumptive, critical and unable to see the big picture.

Presumptive? I have only used information you have volunteered.

Lets drop it

introverted1
I would if I were you, but it could be that our preferences are different. It's also possible that we're seeing feeling as more feminine and logic more masculine (I know, but we're often biased without being aware). All I know is that I am logical and if I try to date a woman who is also, it can feel like debate, analysis, lots of linear thinking, etc. Not very warm, affirming, romantic... which is what drives the kind of connection I want with a woman. A feeler draws out my feeling side, and I see that as a good thing. I can't explain it completely, I just know it's what feels right.

I will say that someone who is predisposed to emotional reasoning –– using what they feel as evidence of truth –– would be hard to tolerate. But that's way different than F/T in the MBTI. Someone who has a good balance and access to both, like the vast majority, tend to lead with one and confirm with the other.

You could go online and just order one up for a test ride. Women have that luxury ;)

Here's the link to that page with more info:

INTJ/ENFP

I LOL'd at the idea of "ordering one up"!

I think you may have hit on something in terms of gender. The "Feeling Male with Thinking Female" section of the link you shared better expresses what I have been trying to say here (poorly, apparently). I suspect that female ENFP + male INTJ is an easier combination, or at least a more conventional one.