Can you recover from drunken "I love you" text?

Hopeless.heartbroken

So he's not ready to talk apparently. I will not pressure him in anyway.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe he got like, scared or turned off by me.

We were making out and touching was happening and it didn't take a lot to send me over the edge...twice. I was very aroused by him and I couldn't help how my body was responding to him.

It was after that he just upped and left.

His body says yes, but his mind says no... He may want to have sex with you, but he doesn't want a relationship with you.

Seriously, do you really want to be with a man who gives you the silent treatment, and leaves you feeling confused and upset. You will not feel this way in a healthy, reciprocated relationship.

We're not dating but I didn't know where to post this.

I've known him for around 6 years, have been crazy crazy crazy about him the whole time. We've never dated. He's had a off and on again gf for the longest time. He's currently single.

I recently told him in a stupid drunk text that I want more than his friendship, to which he flipped his lid and shut me out for around 2 weeks. He finally broke the silence and told me he wants to take it slow and see where it goes. I was great with that. Haven't pressured him at all!

Last night, he calls me at like 7pm asking if I wanted to hang out. I said sure and got dressed. We went out and ended up drinking. (I'm not a big drinker, I promise I'm not. I rarely drink it's just that dumb stuff happens when I do lol).

So I'm s#!+ faced drunk, so much so, that he insists on taking me home instead of us getting separate cabs. On the cab ride, we are literally ALL over each other. His hands were all over me to the point that I had to make him stop. I'm talking like, bad. Really bad and I'm drunk and in love with this guy so for me to say it was bad, trust me. His hands were in my underwear.

So we get to my place and he comes up. I'm great with that. After a few minutes of fooling around, he jumps up, makes an excuse about having jury duty in the morning and without saying much more, just leaves.

He texted me this morning saying sorry but he doesn't think he can do this.I asked him what he meant and he said we will talk later, that he's still in the court house.

I'm so fed up with this. He's always building me up then shutting me out.

I want to get over this. I want to over him but I can't. I keep thinking of him and I can't stay away. I try not to call him or answer his calls but I can't stay away for more than 5 minutes. I feel like I'm going insane. No guy has ever had this affect on me.

His text this morning was his way of telling you that there in no future in this fantasy, so now it's time to stop.

His reaction to you telling him how you felt about him should have been enough for you to set this guy adrift. As long as he's dealing with an on-again, off-again girlfriend, you're not going to get any traction with him--she's got that, not you, as far as he's concerned.

Actually, you can get over him and you can stay away: you're choosing not to. Don't make it so that he has to be unpleasant with you, or worse--his girlfriend lights you up--for you to understand that this is over.

Flipping his lid, telling you he wants to take it slow, turning down sex because of jury duty (one has nothing to do with the other), and telling you he can't do this are all very clear indicators that he is not interested in you. Don't be that girl who won't gracefully bow out with her dignity in tact.

Block his number then delete his phone number from your phone. You're not in a place where you can be his friend and be satisfied with that limited role. Have a friend you call when the urge to call him seems overwhelming.

Also, look at how he's treating you, not what your imagination says is possible/potential. He's treating you the way he feels about you.

• Like 2
  • Author
Hopeless.heartbroken

in my defense, he said he wanted to "take it slow and see where it goes", he was the one who asked if we could go out, he was the one who insisted on taking me home, he was the one who was feeling me up in the taxi, and he was the one who asked if he could come up to my place. All I did was say yes to all of these things. What was I supposed to say no because that's not what he really wants, when he was the one who clearly wanted it.

See what I mean..CONFUSING...

He was very much into our little session the other night. He had an erection the whole time. I came twice, but when it came time for me to...do him? He got all strange.

Oh and I should add, we didn't have sex. Just like, other stuff. Kissing, touching, you know.

in my defense, he said he wanted to "take it slow and see where it goes", he was the one who asked if we could go out, he was the one who insisted on taking me home, he was the one who was feeling me up in the taxi, and he was the one who asked if he could come up to my place. All I did was say yes to all of these things. What was I supposed to say no because that's not what he really wants, when he was the one who clearly wanted it.

See what I mean..CONFUSING...

He was very much into our little session the other night. He had an erection the whole time. I came twice, but when it came time for me to...do him? He got all strange.

Oh and I should add, we didn't have sex. Just like, other stuff. Kissing, touching, you know.

He was very much into our little session the other night. He had an erection the whole time. I came twice, but when it came time for me to...do him? He got all strange. -- Sounds to me like something women do sometimes -- yes, no, yes, no. They want to but know they shouldn't for varying reasons.

You may never know exactly what's going on in his head. At that point he was thinking with his little head and then his other head started working.

in my defense, he said he wanted to "take it slow and see where it goes",.

His latest missive to you was:

He texted me this morning saying sorry but he doesn't think he can do this.

That eclipses what he said earlier.

I think he feels guilty being with someone else and doesn't want to ruin his chances of getting back with this other girl.

I think you should approach him and have a conversation about this guilty he is carrying to break the ice. Guys don't express themselves, so if he is comfortable with telling what his feelings are, then things will progress for you.

A "drunken" I love you text...

And a "drunken" make-out session...

I see the word drunken in both of these sentences. Just wondering, do you think that's a problem... Do you think anything good will come from this...

Thanks for your input members and Robert closed this due to the thread starter being discovered as a troll using multiple accounts. Our apologies for not catching this more quickly.

• Like 2