Yep, it's been thirteen years for me. One of the best decisions I ever made. Not just for me (though it's so much fun learning how to cook well, finding new foods, and I really value nice vegan food when I find it out and about!) but primarily for animals. I can sleep easy knowing I'm not funding animal abuse.

• Like 2
  • Author
amaysngrace
Energy balls are raw goodness! :p

I usually just toss ingredients in the bowl.

When friends ask for my recipes h just laughs. It's a miracle if my dishes taste the same twice.

Tea and water are all I drink. Coconut milk in my smoothies.

My boozy lush girlfriends have convinced me that Bloody Mary's are a vitamin packed antioxidant enriched heaven juice. I'm sold.

Here are some examples of the raw energy balls I make.

I don't eat sugar, never have, I use honey sparingly, the dried fruit in the balls make it sweet enough for me.

I don't know what made me think of it but I sure love papaya sauce. Do you make sauces, like tahini and such? Sauces are fun and really change up a veggie.

25 Energy-Packed Snack Balls That Will Jump-Start Your Day | One Green Planet

Thank you so much for posting this!! xo :bunny:

• Like 2

My trees outside are bearing fresh mango. I make mango smoothies.. I also make from scratch is mango bread, mango jam also mango raisin bread. I cook with the mango. I don't use anything else in my foods. I do make a mean burger but I do not use beans

• Like 2
My trees outside are bearing fresh mango. I make mango smoothies.. I also make from scratch is mango bread, mango jam also mango raisin bread. I cook with the mango. I don't use anything else in my foods. I do make a mean burger but I do not use beans

Mangoes?! Like isn't fair, you're lucky. What I could do with a tree of mangoes.

Have you tried coconut flour in your baking? Once you get the hang of it you'll never use white flour again.

And what's wrong with my delicious black bean burgers? Even h eats them, so do his sports pals.

Tell me what you do different, please.

• Like 2
Mangoes?! Like isn't fair, you're lucky. What I could do with a tree of mangoes.

Have you tried coconut flour in your baking? Once you get the hang of it you'll never use white flour again.

And what's wrong with my delicious black bean burgers? Even h eats them, so do his sports pals.

Tell me what you do different, please.

I wish I could show you my burgers looks like ground beef but their not! Worked a that for a very long time to get the look, taste with the over 100 herbs I have in my cabinet. I like a Vegan Health Scientist. Whole Foods Manager gave me 2 of this Plant base Vegan Burger mine taste a lot better than their $5.99 ones. I got that for free. He sighed off on it.. But still I would never buy it. I rather make my own from scratch.

Flour I made my own from oats, but oats can give you too much gas, so I using kosher GF flour cost a lot but it's a lot better. I don't use it that much no the burgers are not make with it. Listen I enough mango to fee everyone here in this group post. I also have avocado tree I had grown from my late aunt tree. Mine come out better than organic mine is the read deal fresh and it taste 100% better than anything you can get from costa rica. My babies are growing as we speak should be ready by End of July.

As for Flour Oats, Cashews, Almond, Rice, some coconut. Once I made a 5 layer flours from scratch. I've made also chocolate chip bread, banana brad, chic peas bread plantain bread etc..

When I get up and have slice of pineapple fresh whole, papaya, mango. I alos drink instead of juice, soda, Rooibos Tea which I brew and drink at room temp. I drink that all day at work, all day here at home. I take it everywhere. Better than anything and it's healthy for your immune system can also replace Gatorade too, no sugar in this, steva, anything.

For dinner I make triple peas (bean) with parboiled rice I steam it with herbs from herbs and put in all what I just told you I have for breakfast. chop and drop in. No need to eat anything else. I steam more than ever. I am 100% strong I can do a lot more than any one.. That's what being a Vegan is all about!

I have to run work in 2 hrs.. Talk to you all later great post I like this.. I can share what I do here beside the love advise.. :)

• Like 3
  • Author
amaysngrace
Yo! Coolheadal! Way to go! Looking forward to your sharing!

Same! I'm looking forward to the avacodos and mangos coolheadAl is crating up for me today too!! :bunny:

Last night I made a banana overnight oats recipe for the first time that I threw hemp hearts and walnuts into and it is so delish. My daughter made a cacao and vegan maple syrup recipe that looked like cocoa crispies.

I'll let her be the guinea pig with that. It seems like a lot of sweetener first thing in morning but she's 18...she'll be fine :)

• Like 2
LivingWaterPlease
Same! I'm looking forward to the avacodos and mangos coolheadAl is crating up for me today too!! :bunny:

Last night I made a banana overnight oats recipe for the first time that I threw hemp hearts and walnuts into and it is so delish. My daughter made a cacao and vegan maple syrup recipe that looked like cocoa crispies.

I'll let her be the guinea pig with that. It seems like a lot of sweetener first thing in morning but she's 18...she'll be fine :)

Yum, all 'round!

• Like 1

She sounds creative like her mom (you) I got into habit of drinking coffee but not like regular drinkers. I like Frozen Mocha, so what I did is come up with healthier way of making it, so you need french roasted coffee, you can make your own milk, I made cashew/oats milk you can add your own sweets to that to give a little kick. Couple of ice cube ( make my own) add unsweeten coco or you can get Hersey organic chocolate syrup, add some unsalted peanuts to give it a bolder taste too it. Semi-sweet chocolate chips blend in vita-mix or blender of your choice.. You don't want to blend it too much because basically it sludgy icy frozen drink.

• Like 2
Where do you buy coconut flour, Mercy?

Any health food store, I've even seen it at WalMart.

Baking with Coconut Flour ? Nourished Kitchen

coolheadal, if they look too much like real hamburgers I could never eat it!

Does anyone else get the creeps when mystery food is shaped to pretend to look like meat? I just don't get it. I saw soy or something shaped like chickens breasts and wings {little arms}. H wanted to put them in his smoker, umm no.

To all, here is one of my favorite sites - One Green Planet | We're your online guide to making conscious choices that help people, animals and the planet.

• Like 2
Any health food store, I've even seen it at WalMart.

Baking with Coconut Flour ? Nourished Kitchen

coolheadal, if they look too much like real hamburgers I could never eat it!

Does anyone else get the creeps when mystery food is shaped to pretend to look like meat? I just don't get it. I saw soy or something shaped like chickens breasts and wings {little arms}. H wanted to put them in his smoker, umm no.

To all, here is one of my favorite sites - One Green Planet | We're your online guide to making conscious choices that help people, animals and the planet.

Well it's not really pretend food, because you want to fit in the crowd. When I tell them at work I can't eat your dead animal burgers, they ask me what I can eat. Oh you eat plastic food. No it's not that. But it goes to show you how they think. The mass media doesn't do us justice.

I make hot dogs and burgers but vegan way of living. No dead animal used but the taste is better and no fat oily stuff. When you make spaghetti why not use white large whole mushrooms instead. You don't have to cook them you can eat them raw. I do this always. Say I want to make a pan pizza around 9 -inches I make my own from scratch!

• Like 3
Well it's not really pretend food, because you want to fit in the crowd. When I tell them at work I can't eat your dead animal burgers, they ask me what I can eat. Oh you eat plastic food. No it's not that. But it goes to show you how they think. The mass media doesn't do us justice.

I make hot dogs and burgers but vegan way of living. No dead animal used but the taste is better and no fat oily stuff. When you make spaghetti why not use white large whole mushrooms instead. You don't have to cook them you can eat them raw. I do this always. Say I want to make a pan pizza around 9 -inches I make my own from scratch!

H calls my food twigs and weeds.

Growing up my friends just accepted it. Luckily in the workplace I owned a small yoga studio so if anyone made fun of me I could fire them. I'm sorry you have to put up with it.

Big fat mushrooms on the grill, so good.

I've never understood a hot dog.

I do make coconut bacon for h to put in his salad. He loves it.

Have you ever tried cauliflower crust for your pizza?

Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust | Detoxinista

• Like 2

Growing up my friends just accepted it. Luckily in the workplace I owned a small yoga studio so if anyone made fun of me I could fire them. I'm sorry you have to put up with it.

I make pizza with oats crust. I tried cauliflower really not a fan of that plant. Once I wouldn't even touch that or broc. Once I became vegan it was like a new door open up. Same with the Mango my folks couldn't understand why I didn't like Mango. They're both gone now but in 2013 I started eating them and now enjoy them. I just made parboil rice with white mushroom, pineapple, mango and yellow onion, black pepper, island scotch bonnet very hot pepper and pink salt. That came out so good I always eat asian way with chopsticks. I each you my meal better and take my time with each grain for rice. I made another frozen mocha ran out of things to make it but use other means to get it work taste even better. I have my own ice maker not the one in the fridge because though tend to go bad. I rather make a bag of ice then to wait all day for one tray load of ice to shoot out.

• Like 3

Your H I guess your referring to your husband. You married him for love and you two get along very well indeed. You have a child together. He's not going to be 100% in what your into but you still care about him. We vegans are different but we are who we are for a reason. I've dated only 2 vegan woman both are like me Virgo. But it's always the same thing. They are not truly 100% vegan then tend to eat daily other stuff. Burger King has Vegan Burger one of the Vegan Woman I knew loved those. It gave me gas it's not pure Vegan. The CEO of that company lied about it. Shame on him. Shame on her trying to eat that tells me it's healthy it's not crap food. Listen herbs, spices or sticks is't all food we need to live. I don't care and one of my best friends he's a butcher.. I try to teach him that what he does isn't that great. I almost go him eating better.. LOL

• Like 2

I'm not a vegan as I do eat meat. However, my diet is not far from it. I avoid dairy, gluten, and added sugar. Eat lots of vegetables, frut, seeds and nuts. They make up most of my diet.

I also started eating this way to reduce inflammation. It has worked tremendously. Beyond what I ever expected. Over time, I've found eating this way to be easier and easier. It's not difficult for me at all.

• Like 2
I'm not a vegan as I do eat meat. However, my diet is not far from it. I avoid dairy, gluten, and added sugar. Eat lots of vegetables, frut, seeds and nuts. They make up most of my diet.

I also started eating this way to reduce inflammation. It has worked tremendously. Beyond what I ever expected. Over time, I've found eating this way to be easier and easier. It's not difficult for me at all.

Why do you eat meat?I've you ever tried to stop eating it. I choose not to eat it and that makes me different. I don't care because I have not HB, no CHO, no nothing. Because I eat clean food. I can run and jump and run and jump and repeat.. I don't even look my age. I am healthy and workout more than once a day. I can life a grown woman 107 to 140 lbs.. Then open my fridge and see nothing my plants and fruits int here. Nuts, grains are okay but not too much a lot of fat is in nuts. Carbs we need, those that think we don't just don't understand. You're seeking the good life.. But why are you eating meat still?

• Like 2
Why do you eat meat?I've you ever tried to stop eating it. I choose not to eat it and that makes me different. I don't care because I have not HB, no CHO, no nothing. Because I eat clean food. I can run and jump and run and jump and repeat.. I don't even look my age. I am healthy and workout more than once a day. I can life a grown woman 107 to 140 lbs.. Then open my fridge and see nothing my plants and fruits int here. Nuts, grains are okay but not too much a lot of fat is in nuts. Carbs we need, those that think we don't just don't understand. You're seeking the good life.. But why are you eating meat still?

I eat meat because I like it. Because I choose to. I don't need any other reason.

I don't have all of the "moral" and philosophical issues with meat others have. I accept what others do and what they believe. Personally, for now, I will continue to eat meat. For no other reason than because I want to.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease

I don't eat meat because I was raised vegetarian, therefore it's easy for me not to eat it. One of my neighbor friends called my family, "grass eaters!" Ha, didn't bother me. But, we did eat dairy.

I've been vegan but now am vegetarian. I need to get back to being vegan because I feel better when I'm vegan.

I don't drink milk, though. But do eat eggs and cheese. Eggs mostly in baking rather than just to fix an egg to eat.

• Like 1
It's been a much easier transition than I had thought it would be and I am actually loving just knowing I'm doing my part to show respect to all animal life.

I initially decided to make the change to help reduce inflammation in myself. I've developed some weird reaction to milk and other dairy products where consuming dairy physically pains me but now it's become beyond me and my selfish needs. I am glad to not be eating anything that causes the suffering of another life.

Can anyone relate? And if you have any great recipes or products you love, do you care to share?

On top of that, Eliminating dairy from your diet is one of the healthiest things you can do. Dairy is practically toxic and, contrary to popular belief, goat cheese is not that much better.

• Like 1

You can make your own non-dairy cheese and it can taste better and doesn't burn. Mixing two items together can give you the cheddar look. I don't eat eggs you can use banana to replace eggs in baking. Oats and banana can make pan cakes. Got to be creative here. i prepare my own foods and here to eat. I love rice more than anything so I going to steam it might use some oil not a lot very small. Cooks in 9 mins for 1 cup and 2 cups with extra 3 cups of filter waster. WE all here eat different I try to say away from anything that would make me gain. I was doing the enzyme way using plants and fruits that works but after awhile the body knows your tricks of the trade.

• Like 1

Made 2x Mango Green Apple Cran-berry and raisin bread

Made 1x Mango Pineapple Pie

Made Squeezable Mango Jam

Been very busy and all are vegan meals healthier...

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Author

I've been vegan since the beginning of summer and I've recently been becoming so tired. I don't know why that is and if my diet has anything to do with it but I can't believe how much I've been sleeping lately.

Has anybody else had this happen and what did you do to help it?

Only way to find out is to eat a meal with meat in it and see if you feel better.

A few years ago, I went vegetarian for about two months till I couldn't do it anymore. However my problem wasn't like what you're describing.

• Like 1