Trying to understand wife's [past] affair

• Author
Texashunter
Get a divorce as soon as yesterday. The fact is that your wife doesn't love you and never did. Women don't marry for love, she married you because you loved her, needed her. The guy she cheated with is the 'alpha' type guy she had sex through her teens until she 'hit the wall ' : got to her early or late 30 and was less attractive and lossing omw the bio-clock. Then she picked a 'beta' like you she wouldn't have normally dated in her prime : you are realiable and needy : she knew from begining that you wouldn't leave even if you caught her cheating : thats part of being a 'beta' and why she isn't attracted to you: instead of telling her goodbye after cheating you attempted to kill guy she was cheating you with.

Divorce her immediately.

I have thought some of these things as well. Only thing about your statement that is wrong is I am far from being a beta..it may seem like it right now but that I am certainly now. As for her AP, you give him way to much credit. He is no where close to being an alpha. Even his wife had to laugh at your statement. It got a weak insecure woman to do this with him. That's really all a beta can get in order to feel like they are an alpha. They can't seem to get and hold onto a real woman at all. The AP wife whom I've gotten to become friends with has claim he is an insecure man who has to lie about himself in order to get anything. That he is unable to get/do anything with his real personality. Every aspect about himself that he claimed Ronny wife were all lies and in now way could he even live up to those expectations..he claimed to be a bully bad as special force to which I knew and his wife knew he was not and ever had been..the way he presented himself to my wife was all fake in order to impress..I'm proud to say with my back ground and what I did I've never needed to..I've over the last few months have been pursued harder than when I was younger by women. But I am a real man and stand by my ethics and morals..never confuse a true Alpha and a scavenging beta..one gets what he wants because he is strong..the other has to lie because no one would give it other wise.

• Like 2

TH, Honestly, how are things going???

How are you doing and how is your wife doing?

I know you have been taking some time off.

We are all pulling for you...

Mrs. John Adams
Get a divorce as soon as yesterday. The fact is that your wife doesn't love you and never did. Women don't marry for love, she married you because you loved her, needed her. The guy she cheated with is the 'alpha' type guy she had sex through her teens until she 'hit the wall ' : got to her early or late 30 and was less attractive and lossing omw the bio-clock. Then she picked a 'beta' like you she wouldn't have normally dated in her prime : you are realiable and needy : she knew from begining that you wouldn't leave even if you caught her cheating : thats part of being a 'beta' and why she isn't attracted to you: instead of telling her goodbye after cheating you attempted to kill guy she was cheating you with.

Divorce her immediately.

WOW...you know all this by reading this thread? You know she never loved him? You know he is a beta...you know ALL WOMEN dont marry for LOVE....and she planned her WHOLE life to marry a Beta so she could cheat in the future....

TH...taking a break is a good thing...hope you are doing well.

• Like 3
  • Author
Texashunter

I am doing better..a little more calm but yet still upset. Have been managing my anger better and having conversations with her with a more even minded attitude..not flying of the handle one would say. Focusing more on me and my needs and also on the soon to come baby. Trying to get her to open up more about the affair and see/be honest with herself about the ways instead of her just st saying she doesn't know/remember or other side using excuses. just wanting her to come to grips for the real reasons and she is starting to see. Don't know if it is any kind of break through but baby steps right. I decided to step away from online media to absorb information and try to get a sense of worth again. It's helped with the rage and depression. Still battle these demons but have gotten a lot of attention from new friends that have helped boost myself worth back up some.

Now just getting ready for our youngest to start school in august finally which is rough because I'll be alone most days now. However I am excited for him since he will be with all his brothers at school now.

• Like 1
understand50

TH,

As many of us have said, time will help, and I am glad that the benefit of it is beginning to take hold. Hope your wife's pregnancy is going well, and that everything is good in that quarter. Things will get better. Just remember, both of you are learning how to get though this, and for all our writing, you two are unique and will have to find your own way.

All the best.....

• Like 3
I have thought some of these things as well. Only thing about your statement that is wrong is I am far from being a beta..it may seem like it right now but that I am certainly now. As for her AP, you give him way to much credit. He is no where close to being an alpha. Even his wife had to laugh at your statement. It got a weak insecure woman to do this with him. That's really all a beta can get in order to feel like they are an alpha. They can't seem to get and hold onto a real woman at all. The AP wife whom I've gotten to become friends with has claim he is an insecure man who has to lie about himself in order to get anything. That he is unable to get/do anything with his real personality. Every aspect about himself that he claimed Ronny wife were all lies and in now way could he even live up to those expectations..he claimed to be a bully bad as special force to which I knew and his wife knew he was not and ever had been..the way he presented himself to my wife was all fake in order to impress..I'm proud to say with my back ground and what I did I've never needed to..I've over the last few months have been pursued harder than when I was younger by women. But I am a real man and stand by my ethics and morals..never confuse a true Alpha and a scavenging beta..one gets what he wants because he is strong..the other has to lie because no one would give it other wise.

TH,

Glad your still posting, I've taken a bit of break as well, but just wanted to catch up on a few posts today and had to respond to this.

My W's and your's A's sound so similar to me. Not the situations, just the dynamics in our relationships. No, the AP wasn't some "uber-alpha", he's a player, yes, but like you said, more the "con man" than the God of Alpha that many people here assume the male AP must be. I'm far more in that direction than the AP is, which, IMHO, means to me that very often people cheat to get what they don't have. It wasn't that my W (or your likely) was looking for a strong man, they were looking for someone who had more "beta" than either of us did. I was cold/insensitive and distant, the AP was showering with affection and compliments. Total opposites, but, if you met me and the AP (yes, I knew him personally) and were asked "who's more likely to cheat", no doubt, you would have picked me.

It's not "alpha" that women are after, it's what they don't get at home. Married to someone with a lot of alpha traits, cheat with a beta. And vice versa, of course. Alpha traits are rarer, so perhaps that's why the trend is "cheat with an Alpha", because most women are married to men who are; IMHO, far too beta to generate much attraction.

Mrs. John Adams
TH,

Glad your still posting, I've taken a bit of break as well, but just wanted to catch up on a few posts today and had to respond to this.

My W's and your's A's sound so similar to me. Not the situations, just the dynamics in our relationships. No, the AP wasn't some "uber-alpha", he's a player, yes, but like you said, more the "con man" than the God of Alpha that many people here assume the male AP must be. I'm far more in that direction than the AP is, which, IMHO, means to me that very often people cheat to get what they don't have. It wasn't that my W (or your likely) was looking for a strong man, they were looking for someone who had more "beta" than either of us did. I was cold/insensitive and distant, the AP was showering with affection and compliments. Total opposites, but, if you met me and the AP (yes, I knew him personally) and were asked "who's more likely to cheat", no doubt, you would have picked me.

It's not "alpha" that women are after, it's what they don't get at home. Married to someone with a lot of alpha traits, cheat with a beta. And vice versa, of course. Alpha traits are rarer, so perhaps that's why the trend is "cheat with an Alpha", because most women are married to men who are; IMHO, far too beta to generate much attraction.

i think ALL men posess both alpha and beta traits...and i dont think MOST women think about it.

It is a card played here often and quite frankly...I think its hog wash.

Overtaxed is right...its the right guy playing the right game at the right time...

anyway...TH...Glad things are going better for you...you ARE going to be fine...just hang in there.