My Story.

• Author

Thanks fella. Sometimes strong words help the most.

However I have been doing no contact, haven't spoke to her in three weeks now and even that was just a quick text, aside from that it's been about 6 weeks no contact.

This is the main reason I don't want to make contact now regarding money.

Thing is I don't think it's acceptable that I pay her loan, in fact due to what the loan was for I think it's not right at all. I wouldn't have minded if it was for a car or something but a boob job? :mad:

Well hindsight is a great thing. I'm sure she didn't put a gun to your head. Think of it as a bad mistake. Pay it off as quick as you can and forget about it.

Pumpingiron34

Funny mine got a boob job, during that week she would not have sex with me. Than coldly dumped me a week later. Vanished from my life after 5 years, left me like i was a piece of garbage. Now has been dating some low life recovering junkie for the past year. The minute she got that boob job her personality just like changed. God a year later and **** still hurts but, i guess birds of a feather flock together.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Not really sure what to make of it.

She sent a text saying "hope you have had a nice Easter x" I just replied lightly telling her I've had a nice day and I hope she has too and left it at that.

Anyone else get something similar?

I found it a little unusual, made me happy at first thinking it's nice that we can be civil but now the questions have started forming in my mind wondering if there was anything more to it etc. I guess this is the "breadcrumbs" people keep referring too. Must say I was surprised, didn't think I'd hear anything from her.

Just leave it at Happy Easter. My ex texted me the night before Easter and I chose to leave him 3 hours before I responded, and he ended up returning my text Easter morning to wish me happy Easter. Those questions usually don't amount to anything. (In my case he just wanted to see how my day was) You can try reaching out again and seeing if it's positive, but likely because you are forming all these questions, I think it's safe to just leave it.

Not really sure what to make of it.

She sent a text saying "hope you have had a nice Easter x" I just replied lightly telling her I've had a nice day and I hope she has too and left it at that.

Anyone else get something similar?

I found it a little unusual, made me happy at first thinking it's nice that we can be civil but now the questions have started forming in my mind wondering if there was anything more to it etc. I guess this is the "breadcrumbs" people keep referring too. Must say I was surprised, didn't think I'd hear anything from her.

They can play with your head that's for sure. one way to reason with the text is once you had replied if there was more to it she would have replied to keep the conversation going.

• Author

I think it was sent more out of guilt than anything as I would normally spend Easter hiding eggs for her son in the garden etc.

It's just unusual isn't it? When I was in contact with her she would always respond but half heartedly and I always felt like a burden so I cut contact and then she messages me, hoping that I've had a nice day.

I'm at a bit of a low point at the minute, I'm 31 and had to move back in with my dad for the time being which has brought up a lot of issues within myself. My Dad beat my mam badly in front of me many times when I was young and occasionally I would get a hiding too. Unfortunately a few year back before I met my now ex my Dad lost his temper and went for me again like he used to when I was little, lets just say it didn't end well for him that time. He hasn't raised a hand to me since.

My Dad really upped his game when I met my now ex, he was great with her son and really appeared to have changed his ways, he did a lot for me and my ex and we became closer and our relationship got much better. He was proud of me for the man I became in that relationship.

Since moving back in with him he managed to keep the nice guy act up for a month or so and now the mask has dropped, his depression and anger are back, he's always swearing at something, angry at something and just generally horrible to be around. It's not a volatile situation or anything but it's a depressing one non the less.

My Dad is also very unwell and does not have long left to live, my emotions are very mixed up about this. The only person in the world who knows what I went through with my Dad is my ex, she was always very supportive.

I'm really struggling not having her to talk to about all this.

My saving grace is that I start a job for my company working away in two weeks time, the money is great and I'll be able to save up for my own place, it also gets me away from my situation at home for a while.

I'm so tempted to contact my ex one final time before leaving but I'm not even sure why. I guess I just miss having her to talk to right now.

It's just breadcrumbs yup. Normally best to ignore the holiday greeting texts, but what you did is probably fine too. Never read into these as it means nothing.

Yeah, I got a "Happy Easter" text too. I sat on it for while not sure I even wanted to bother responding but eventually did just because I don't like to be rude.

It meant nothing in my situation and it probably means nothing in yours too. Don't let it eat at you.