No kiss on first date, should I bother with the second?

SevenCity

• Author
That has been my experience too.

It's funny how this carries on into all facets of their personality.

I'll keep searching until I find one...

• Author
If you have limited time and money, maybe you shouldn't be dating.

Do you have unlimited time and money? Id like to meet you!

I've got plenty of both. However, I spend each very carefully. I like to see a return on my investment be it time or money.

That could be having a good time helping my neighbor with remodeling work at his house, going on a nice date, or sitting on the couch watching TV with my dog.

Point is I limit the time and money I spend on fruitless activities. Everyone likes to see a benefit from what they invest their resources in. I'm no different - other than I like to cut my losses earlier rather than later.

• Like 1
CaliforniaGirl

I've got plenty of both. However, I spend each very carefully. I like to see a return on my investment be it time or money.

That could be having a good time helping my neighbor with remodeling work at his house, going on a nice date, or sitting on the couch watching TV with my dog.

Point is I limit the time and money I spend on fruitless activities. Everyone likes to see a benefit from what they invest their resources in. I'm no different - other than I like to cut my losses earlier rather than later.

Then keep first dates/meets to coffee. :)

Then maybe you should explain this in your profile with a little graphic. You know like those market portfolio graphic. So much money you expect a certain return. A $40 lunch you expect a kiss, a $75 dinner you expect a blow job, and for a second dinner with drinks than you expect a full return on your investment which means access to all of her orifices.

• Like 1

Yes, if you have decided that a kiss on the first date is a way to determine if a girl is right for you and this one did not kiss, then do not ask for a second date.

Some guys decide that if they cannot get her into bed with them, then it was a waste. For them, she would be a ridiculous waste of time, too.

No, I cannot relate. I never set any "standards" that had to be met, because everyone is different. IMO the ones that kissed right away were out to get me hooked via sex and not through a genuine and intimate relationship. Yes, the kisses were fun, but they did not carry any meaning beyond a physical lust. I had a few great sex flings, but they never blossomed into any long term relationships simply because the relationship was built on sex.

The best ones were when it went slowly to the physical, and that came after we knew each other. This is how it began with my wife. It was probably four dates in before the kissing began. And no, it was not because she didn't like sex. Based on her past, she too was cautious and did not want some guy after her body and not her. Once we reached the point where we had "bonded," nothing could stop the passion.

IMO you may be leaving behind some really good candidates for a long term relationship because you set the standard equally for every woman.

If you are worried about investing too much money into one woman, then scale back your dates until you are convinced the girl is worth the investment. The best dates I ever had with women were about conversation and n opportunity to simply get to know each other. The times that were spent doing or even worse, watching movies, seemed to be the worst investment.

While I understand what you mean, I think a better way is to let each date/relationship flow into whichever direction seems "right" and decide each on its own merit. A kiss simply for the sake of a kiss is far less exciting than a kiss that carries an incredible amount of intimate affection and expression. A girl that waits to kiss until she means it is a far better long term investment than a girl who simply kisses to keep a guy calling her.