Can't understand philosophical boyfriend

It's very simple. You two are clearly incompatible. You're making the right decision to end it.

Nothing wrong with being philosophical, but...

a) there are times and places where a person should probably lock his "philosophical" side in the closet for a little while.

b) your boyfriend seems pretentious and full of himself.

c) your boyfriend seems manipulative and condescending, using his so-called "enlightened" philosophical knowledge to try and gain an advantage over you.

d) your boyfriend is insecure, and that's probably a major factor in ©.

T-16bullseyeWompRat

I'll post a philosophical question for you....

Knowing the universe has already rejected your relationship the first time around. Albeit neither of you was good or evil in that situation. What reasons would one have to get back together knowing full well the universe had already rejected your relationship. What purpose does it serve either of you two to get back together and combat the cosmos in your quest for happiness and monogamy?

Just kidding.... Sort of. But yeah just dump him. Idk, say "hey, it's just not working for me anymore. We need to split" I know that may be too black and white for him. Perhaps he needs a more pretentious way of things? Maybe tell him all this while a Radiohead song plays in the background?

Present the break up to him in a philosophical way -- The universe has dealt us a hand that we cannot play because the deck is stacked against us.