Thoughts & advice: Dating someone who is blind?

ButterflyLion

• Author
ButterflyLion
I was ALL smiles reading about your date Butterfly. I'm really happy that this is working out for you both!

lol I was going to say the same thing! This made me smile too ButterflyLion, thanks for sharing :)

Aw! Thanks guys :D

:bunny::bunny::bunny:

I'm so happy and excited for you!:D What a perfect date!

I agree. Keep the fact that you're dating quiet for now. You want to give things a chance to grow before it becomes public knowledge and you have to deal with everyone's meddling and "helpful" input about things that are wrong or could go wrong with your choice. Of course everyone is well-intentioned, but it's not what a budding relationship needs.

Thank you!! And thank you for all the help and advice :D

Yes I totally get that! His family do know now, but we havent quite told my family yet

That's awesome!! I'm super chuffed for you guys! :D

At the end of the day, nothing's guaranteed, but when two people simply get on with someone that well, you've gotta have a damn good shot!! - Someone told me that once (I cant take the credit:laugh:)

And yeah, theres no need to shout it too the world straight away! Not cause you have anything to hide, but because you should build a solid foundation before you let other people in!

I think when you're mates first, and have mutual friends, and mutual contacts, people will ALWAYS have their own opinions on you getting together! That's nothing to do with you, or him, or him being blind!

This my be taking too much from my own experience, but after me and the missus had been officially "dating" for a couple of months, all the main folks in our lives had pretty much been told so we just decided we'd go 'FB official' and everyone else could find out like that!

Honestly, i was surprised, I got one fella telling me at footie training that i was an idiot, that she'd never settle down with me, and I got someone else writing to me like "seriously? Only now? I thought you guys had been a couple for like at least a year?". But what struck me as odd, is that people would never have that much to say if you were dating a stranger, they would just trust your judgement, but when they know both parties i guess they just like to give you their two pennies worth more!!

I think whether people react positively or negatively, you shouldn't let it effect your relationship either way! But i also think that you're both the kind of people that will cope seamlessly with that! :D Best of luck to you both!

Thank you so much! :D

Yeah i totally hear you! It's true, people love to analysing your relationship, but the thing is i know I'm guilty of doing it (even if i might not say it out loud) when people i know get together. Human nature i guess!

Me and Chase we're talking just the other day about some people we know who have been together a little while now, and he pointed out that at least we have a pretty good idea what people must say about us, we dont have to wonder :laugh: which i guess is true!

• Like 3

Spooky!!!

I was just thinking about you this morning and stopped myself from finding this thread to ask..'So how is it going?'

All good!

Lovely news to hear!

It's still early days so you tell who you wish to tell when you wish to tell - totally up to the both of you!

Sweet! :)

• Like 1
  • Author
ButterflyLion
Spooky!!!

I was just thinking about you this morning and stopped myself from finding this thread to ask..'So how is it going?'

All good!

Lovely news to hear!

It's still early days so you tell who you wish to tell when you wish to tell - totally up to the both of you!

Sweet! :)

Haha that is spooky!

Thank you :D

Yeah exactly, we kind of had to tell his family because we wanted to go to a festival with his brother & his girlfriend, so we didn't want to hide the fact that we were together :laugh: And I'm really glad we have told them, they've been great! I've always really liked his family, my friend's (well a mutual friend really) mum always used to refer to Chase's family as 'the Beckhams' because they've kind of had this reputation of being the 'perfect' family, popular, talented, but I think whats shone really clear since Chases accident is that no ones lives are without challenges, that 'perfect' family comes from a hell of a lot of hard work.. supporting each other, sticking with things when they get tough, and putting in the hours! This is a bit of a tangent but I think that's something that i really hope i can emulate with my own kids one day!

I am holding off telling my family though, and i think i will for a while, not because I'm hiding our relationship, but just because my sisters early reaction makes me think maybe they're not going to be quite as supportive as I would like.

But me and Chase are really good! I already feel more strongly for him than i have for anyone, it just feels really really right, if that makes sense! Like this is what we should be doing!

• Like 4