Woman I've been with 3 yrs says shes in FWB, WTF?

WallyOkB4

• Author
Hahaha the old "it's not you, it's me line"

And I guess she still wasn't ready for you, that's why she had an active online dating account.

And come on, you said yourself that you have had FWB. So why are you so confused as to how these things work?

When you have a FWB, you are still single! You aren't "with" someone. You aren't in a relationship with them. You don't do "couples" things with them. You have sex with them. It's to scratch an itch. It's so you don't have to go without sex while still dating and looking for someone you DO want to be in a relationship with.

Maybe it's your age? The younger set is more used to this.

I would much rather have a FWB while single then ONS and casual sex with randoms while dating. And celibacy? :lmao::lmao: yeah, no, not when you can have a FWB.

You need to go back and read my posts again because you don't really seem to get much of what I've said at all! The Celibacy thing was a joke!

Also I don't have a FWB! If you read what I said, I had one once! ONCE! I found it impossible to sleep with someone on a regular basis like that and not develop feelings for them. Apparently she did too, because she became crazy when I dumped her.

Save

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
rude comment directed at another member ~T
Where on the hell did you read I didn't hit on her in three years! Of course I did! I may not been as brutal about it as I may have otherwise been at certain times, and that's what I mean by having held back some!

If I had a dollar for every women who told be she just wanted to be friends who I later turned around and banged many times, well, I could buy as both a six pack of beer, that's for sure!

Don't ever be brutal.

Frankly, it sounds as though you're ticked that she out-gamed you.

Maybe a bit of a midlife crisis in there too.

Most of us would not stay "friends" with a guy we told we didn't want to date if he continued to hit on us constantly. That's not a friend. Male female straight gay you don't hit on your friends! So you hit on her initially and she told you no. So you hung around and paid for things and played in the friend zone. That's on you buddy. Seriously, you are really upset over something that supposedly is no big deal to you.

language~T
  • Like 3
  • Author
Don't ever be brutal.

Frankly, it sounds as though you're ticked that she out-gamed you.

Maybe a bit of a midlife crisis in there too.

Yea probably a little butt hurt I was out-gamed! That's true!

Midlife crisis? Well I don't know? I do know for sure the whole situation would have been much different 10 years ago!

If a guy was not exclusive with you in three weeks you would not continue? WOW! That's a pretty definite answer to a very vague set of circumstances! That's like saying I would never date a guy under 5' 10", and then refusing the guy who looks like Brad Pitt and treats you like a princess because he's 5' 9.5"! Of course there will be that guy who looks almost as good whose 5'11", but in six months you'll be beaten up by! And what about the perfect guy who's just going to take a little longer than the three week rule? Do you dump him? What if you find out he's got a FWB going on and not quite sure if he wants to trade her in for you or not? That's a pretty big commitment because the FWB might not return if you all don't work out and I'm sure they're hard to come by! More so for guys of course! I mean, he hasn't slept with you yet presumably. Or if he has, he's broken it off with FWB, right! That's the proper protocol right? What if he doesn't? What if he decides there's a lot more there with the FWB than what he thought after trying to break it off? You see, weather you want to admit it or not, yes you are involved with someone else! The other person probably just doesn't know about it because you refuse to see it that way!

Quite simply, if a guy wasn't open and available - I wouldn't bother with him. And if he couldn't decide between me and his FWB, then it's a clear sign that he's not adequately into me and not worth spending more time with. His decision making process regarding the loss of a FWB is not my concern. If he wants me, I'm here. If he's not ready, he misses out. If this makes him sad, that is not my problem.

Thing is, you're talking to a woman who has been ruthless when dating. And it has served me well. Nobody is so great that they are worth waiting for....especially when there will be other good men who are available just around the corner.

• Like 1

After review and a bit of clean-up I'll reopen this one with he reminder that While Differences of opinion are always welcome ,ALL participants are expected to post respectfully. ~T

• Author

I have considered much of your input and have moved my position somewhat because of it. I hope some of you may have even gotten a point or two that I tried to make. One thing I would like to say before leaving this forum; when I was in my 30's I thought I knew everything like many my age did! It wasn't until my mid 40's before I realized how much I truly don't know, like many my age have come to realize too. Bookmark that or write it down to reference when your that age and see if you don't agree too!

Now carry on, and Peace!

Wally!:cool:

removed pokes at moderation