Woman I've been with 3 yrs says shes in FWB, WTF?

WallyOkB4

• Author
then you werent really friends..... so you're mad you invested all this time money and energy into this when the other guy has invested nothing and he got the sex.

I don't think you have a right to be mad at anyone but yourself unfortunately.

I don't know if you all are purposely trying to avoid the issue here or simply not getting it!

These are the facts:

1. Three years is simply a time reference, nothing else!

2. She always knew what I wanted, without a doubt, and continued the friendship anyway. Even with continued advances on my part!

3. Yes we were friends, but she told me of other friends in her past who became lovers. This implied I had a chance, and she said nothing to the contrary!

4. She never said or implied she never wanted to have sex with me!

5. She knew that if either of us got hitched, this was over, and agreed it would be too awkward to continue and not fair to the new significant other. I fully expected this is how it would end. She would find a boyfriend, and probably very soon. I gave it three weeks at the start. That turned into three months, then three years, get my point? She had a couple dates in that time, but they went nowhere. It doesn't surprise me when she's got her own, on call, 24/7 sex slave standing by, ready to go, at any time! You've got to be one hell of a man to make her choose you over that! Hell, if I had that, except a girl of course, I wouldn't ever have to put up with another woman ever again! There would be no girl anywhere that could compete with that. Just tell her to get lost when your done? That's a mans dream come true!

6. She put herself out there as available. This is where I have the BIG PROBLEM! You are not available when someone else is satisfying your sexual urges! You may disagree, but I think it's safe to say that there's a very good chance this is why we never had sex! I think it's dishonest and deceitful to do this. Yes, had I known, I would have walked away, because I would see no chance of competing with a long term sexual partner who does as they're told! Actually, that's the role with her I would have loved to have. Forget boyfriend! And by the way, All you girls say that sex is an emotional experience, with lots of caring and Blah,Blah, Blah! Only men can simply do the sexual act and nothing else! This kind of disproves all that nonsense, doesn't it?

7. She never mentioned this arrangement she had. I remember asking one time very early on if she had a "BOB"? "Battery operated Boyfriend", as I knew all of you have one!! She said, well yea, and we went on to discuss this subject! This would have been the perfect opportunity to tell me about TOY! I'm quite sure she was purposely deceitful about this!

8. This all came out when I was telling her of this girl I had seen a couple of times and really liked, but I did down play it a lot! I even showed her a picture because she's HOT! Was I trying to get a reaction out of her? Maybe! Boy did I get a reaction! That's exactly the first and only time she ever told me about TOY! Almost in a get even, but not really jealous kind of way! Yea I never asked her before if she had an on call, 24/7 sex slave, FWB man around. I also never asked her if she was a serial killer either!

I don't know or have all the answers, but I can't see how this is anything less than deceitful and disingenuous?

OH DEAR LORD! Aren't there any guys on this forum?

I would just remind you that you haven't said one nice thing about this woman except she's hot.

Women are fine being friends with men as long as the men respect that boundary. It's men who have a problem with it because it's all about sex to them. This isn't her fault. She is under no obligation to refuse to be friends with you just because there isn't a chance in hell she's going to ever want to have sex with you. You misled her by acting like being just friends was fine with you, not the other way around.

Edited by preraph
  • Like 5
I don't know if you all are purposely trying to avoid the issue here or simply not getting it!

These are the facts:

1. Three years is simply a time reference, nothing else!

2. She always knew what I wanted, without a doubt, and continued the friendship anyway. Even with continued advances on my part!

3. Yes we were friends, but she told me of other friends in her past who became lovers. This implied I had a chance, and she said nothing to the contrary!

You assumed that there was a chance from this, she was just being honest

4. She never said or implied she never wanted to have sex with me!

I don't do that to anyone, I mean it's not something you outwardly say unless asked.

5. She knew that if either of us got hitched, this was over, and agreed it would be too awkward to continue and not fair to the new significant other. I fully expected this is how it would end. She would find a boyfriend, and probably very soon. I gave it three weeks at the start. That turned into three months, then three years, get my point? She had a couple dates in that time, but they went nowhere. It doesn't surprise me when she's got her own, on call, 24/7 sex slave standing by, ready to go, at any time! You've got to be one hell of a man to make her choose you over that! Hell, if I had that, except a girl of course, I wouldn't ever have to put up with another woman ever again! There would be no girl anywhere that could compete with that. Just tell her to get lost when your done? That's a mans dream come true!

shes not into you, sorry

6. She put herself out there as available. This is where I have the BIG PROBLEM! You are not available when someone else is satisfying your sexual urges! You may disagree, but I think it's safe to say that there's a very good chance this is why we never had sex! I think it's dishonest and deceitful to do this. Yes, had I known, I would have walked away, because I would see no chance of competing with a long term sexual partner who does as they're told! Actually, that's the role with her I would have loved to have. Forget boyfriend! And by the way, All you girls say that sex is an emotional experience, with lots of caring and Blah,Blah, Blah! Only men can simply do the sexual act and nothing else! This kind of disproves all that nonsense, doesn't it?

having a fwb doesn't mean she is unavailable! Many still consider themselves single in this scenario and would end the FWB once they met someone to DATE. Also, you are just wrong. Plenty of women can have casual sex and enjoy it.

7. She never mentioned this arrangement she had. I remember asking one time very early on if she had a "BOB"? "Battery operated Boyfriend", as I knew all of you have one!! She said, well yea, and we went on to discuss this subject! This would have been the perfect opportunity to tell me about TOY! I'm quite sure she was purposely deceitful about this!

No one owes it to you to tell you all about their sex life. It's their own damn business no matter how close friends you want to be.

8. This all came out when I was telling her of this girl I had seen a couple of times and really liked, but I did down play it a lot! I even showed her a picture because she's HOT! Was I trying to get a reaction out of her? Maybe! Boy did I get a reaction! That's exactly the first and only time she ever told me about TOY! Almost in a get even, but not really jealous kind of way! Yea I never asked her before if she had an on call, 24/7 sex slave, FWB man around. I also never asked her if she was a serial killer either!

I don't know or have all the answers, but I can't see how this is anything less than deceitful and disingenuous?

You started saying you were friends, now the truth is out you don't want to be friends anymore. You were never really a "friend" then.

• Like 3

Boy this really got under your skin didn't it? :lmao:

Just man up and move on already. You don't want to be her friend, you never wanted to be her friend apparently the last three years were all in hopes of getting in her pants. And you failed.

Sorry you feel like she played you buddy! Doesn't matter right? You got that hot new chick - why do you care about this one?

• Like 7
We started to hang out some and she kinda friend zoned me from the start.

...she resisted any attempt at romantic moves.

I decided to continue being her friend because, hey, you can't have enough friends, right?

I am not in love with her and don't chase her at all, but I'm a guy and she's smoking hot so you do the math! I always knew that it would end if she ever hooked up with some guy, and we discussed this and she even agreed!

I can't honestly see how you can have sex with someone two times a week for years and not have feelings for them?

Am I over reacting to this or was she completely wrong and being deceitful? I really want to know!

If I had known about this FWB thing, I would have never gotten involved with her, and I can't help but think she knows that!

I think that's real deceitful! It's really no different from having a boyfriend and flat out lying about it!

She always presented her self with such high standards and morals, which I stupidly respected!

I WROTE THE BOOK 20 YEARS AGO! SERIOUSLY![/b]

I used to have so many women (revolving door) and even a FWB, even though I was still screwing all the other chics! Had to break off FWB because she started getting clingy and needy, so I dumped her after a year or so!

I could charm their panties right off every time! This chic wouldn't have stood a chance against me back then!

Only one guy for 5 years! I'm really trying to understand her reason for bringing this up all of a sudden.

Not after I've formed some type of opinion of you that's far different then reality! You'll only destroy my image of you!

Yea I call it disgusting when it's a woman doing it to me! Double standard, I know!

...I broke it off! Back then tough, those feelings weren't enough to stop me from dumping her so I could concentrate on all the others! I'm both proud and ashamed at my behavior back then, depending on how I look at it!

She never misled you. You were friend zoned from day 1. On one hand you say you pursued the friendship bc you can't have too many friends, then you turn around and say you'd have never pursued the friendship had you know about the FWB. You had a hopeful fantasy that didn't end the way you wanted. You admit you have a double standard. It was fine for you to have a revolving door and FWB, granted, years ago, but it's repulsive that she did the same thing. In your eyes, her image is forever tarnished bc of your hopeful desire that went up in smoke the moment she told you about the FWB. You ask why she never told you...your reaction here is a pretty good indication of why she chose not to confide in you.

• Like 4
  • Author

She never misled you. You were friend zoned from day 1. On one hand you say you pursued the friendship bc you can't have too many friends, then you turn around and say you'd have never pursued the friendship had you know about the FWB. You had a hopeful fantasy that didn't end the way you wanted. You admit you have a double standard. It was fine for you to have a revolving door and FWB, granted, years ago, but it's repulsive that she did the same thing. In your eyes, her image is forever tarnished bc of your hopeful desire that went up in smoke the moment she told you about the FWB. You ask why she never told you...your reaction here is a pretty good indication of why she chose not to confide in you.

Yup, Yup Yup, I agree with all of that, except the last line because she did choose to confide in me!

• Author

Found this on another thread and I think it says it all! I remember seeing this movie years ago and thinking, this is brilliant! I will continue to re-read this every other day as part of my punishment for being such a complete moron!!

I never get tired of posting this..

There is so much truth in this series of words it should be the "Can you be friends? bible"

Harry: You realize of course that we could never be friends.

Sally: Why not?

Harry: What I'm saying is — and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form — is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.

Sally: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.

Harry: No you don't.

Sally: Yes I do.

Harry: No you don't.

Sally: Yes I do.

Harry: You only think you do.

Sally: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?

Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all want to have sex with you.

Sally: They do not.

Harry: Do too.

Sally: They do not.

Harry: Do too.

Sally: How do you know?

Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.

Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?

Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail 'em too.

Sally: What if they don't want to have sex with you?

Harry: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.

Sally: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.

Harry: Guess not.

Sally: That's too bad. You were the only person that I knew in New York

• Like 1
seekingpeaceinlove

Took the words right out of my mouth!

first of all they are women not chics....:cool:

2nd of all...i couldn't help but notice your comment about how this guy gets to bang her after doing nothing.

So op, all those nice things you did for her, they were out of friendship or out of hoping one day she would turn around and **ck you?

You can not buy a womans love...you can not chore away a womans love. Shame on you for pretending to be her friend for 3 years when really all you wanted was to **ck her. Now that you realized she is getting it somewhere else you are going to drop the friendship?

You were in the friendzone from day 1. Any expectations after that are your own fault.

• Like 2
seekingpeaceinlove

I had a really good plutonic friend years ago whom I enjoyed talking to for hours, going out, exploring new restaurants etc. He insisted on paying for me and I would insist on splitting the bill. We would talk about the people we were dating and relationships issues.

One thing was..he would ALWAYS get oddly passive aggressive when I would talk about FWBs. He would make snide remarks but try to pass them off as jokes. Honestly, it reeked of jealousy and I ended up cutting him off completely after I got into a serious relationship later on. It was too irritating to deal with.

I think he had always had this attraction to me but knew that I wasn't attracted to him so he never tried anything. He would always compliment me. Over the years, I think he kind of resented the unrequited attraction..it was so odd. I've never led him on and in my mind we were just great friends. He, I think held out hope that we would eventually end up having sex, dating...I don't know.

Men, if you're friend zoned, accept it. If you can't handle it, move on!

• Like 1

6. She put herself out there as available. This is where I have the BIG PROBLEM! You are not available when someone else is satisfying your sexual urges! You may disagree, but I think it's safe to say that there's a very good chance this is why we never had sex!

She WAS available. But only for the right guy. The FWB was just addressing her urges till the right guy came along.

The reason she didn't stop seeing this guy and have a relationship with you wasn't because she was having sex with him. I was because she wasn't sufficiently attracted to you.

Her FWB was a stop gap till something better comes along - just like the girls you've been seeing. It's just that nothing better has come along yet.

• Like 3
  • Author
She WAS available. But only for the right guy. The FWB was just addressing her urges till the right guy came along.

The reason she didn't stop seeing this guy and have a relationship with you wasn't because she was having sex with him. I was because she wasn't sufficiently attracted to you.

Her FWB was a stop gap till something better comes along - just like the girls you've been seeing. It's just that nothing better has come along yet.

It's still deceitful and dishonest! Either tell me this up front, or keep the dirty little secrete to yourself forever! I find it hard to believe that she hasn't found a guy she wants to be with in over 3 years (not just me). She gets approached all the time, but never goes out with anyone! Hell, she's even got a profile on OKCupid with many pictures that must get tons of replies! This leads me to believe that its the FWB that's keeping her celibate! Um, well not celibate actually, but you know what I mean! Hell, she may be in love with this FWB for all I know! Sure wouldn't be that far fetched!

I'm really curious to know, if a guy knows a girl is being fu%^#d on a regular basis by a FWB partner for a long time, and this will continue up to and until the time she may or may not finally decide she wants to have a sexual relationship with you, after some unknown period of time of dating, how many guy's would want to date her? My guess is very few! I don't care how hot she is!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed rude commentary ~T

You ask how many women would date a guy knowing that he had a FWB.

It's not comparable because you and she weren't dating. You were just throwing a lot of money at a woman who has never openly suggested that there was a future of a relationship with her.

Her not telling you would only have been deceitful if she was actually dating you.

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't see how she was being deceitful. I can see how her news would come as a shock, but she did not do anything wrong.

Although I disagree, I want to thank you for your opinion!

It's not comparable because you don't have an answer! I can tell you also, out of all the women I've been with in my life, only a very small percent 1% - 2% was I actually dating and she had openly suggested there was a future relationship together when we first slept together. Your comment is irrelevant!

OK, I would not date a guy who had a FWB. But you weren't dating this woman.

Taking it futher, if a man was not exclusive with me in three weeks, I would not continue spending time with him. You spent three years waiting for a girl who wasn't into you.

It's still deceitful and dishonest! Either tell me this up front, or keep the dirty little secrete to yourself forever! I find it hard to believe that she hasn't found a guy she wants to be with in over 3 years (not just me). She gets approached all the time, but never goes out with anyone! Hell, she's even got a profile on OKCupid with many pictures that must get tons of replies! This leads me to believe that its the FWB that's keeping her celibate! Um, well not celibate actually, but you know what I mean! Hell, she may be in love with this FWB for all I know! Sure wouldn't be that far fetched! Like sooo many girls, she want's her cake and to eat it too! Spoiled, entitlement type narcissists are what come to mind!

I'm really curious to know, if a guy knows a girl is being fu%^#d on a regular basis by a FWB partner for a long time, and this will continue up to and until the time she may or may not finally decide she wants to have a sexual relationship with you, after some unknown period of time of dating, how many guy's would want to date her? My guess is very few! I don't care how hot she is!

Oh, and you girls, reverse the scenario, and tell me how many of you would want to date guys knowing this?

I would love to see a survey on that! As a matter of fact, I work with (not for) a company that may be able to do that poll! I'm going to see if I can get that done!

I hope after all this anger has passed, this will be a light bulb moment for you. A woman who isn't wanting to be physical for 3 years is sending you a VERY clear message, not open to interpretation, and that is "I'm not physically attracted to you." In this case, since you hung around anyway, despite clear evidence she wasn't attracted to you, she got very familiar with you and was, gasp, a friend. And yes, sometimes friends do pick up dry cleaning or run to the store or whatever. How on earth you could interpret that as a sign she was finally falling for you after 3 years is beyond comprehension. She's a grown woman. If she was physically attracted to you, she would have gotten physical with you at least within the first 3-6 months.

You were running a scam on this woman, making up God knows what all kinds of excuses for why "it" wasn't happening. You have no idea if she's been dating or not because she has been tastefully private about that up until when you tried to make her jealous by telling her about your date. If she hasn't found a serious relationship in 3 years, that means nothing except that it's hard to find the right person, really hard. I certainly went years in between any serious relationships and sometimes years in between casual ones. Most women aren't like men, where they'll take what they can get if they can't get what they want because they're not that desperate sexually. If she's got an FWB, I bet he's hot. He's probably not anyone she considers marriage material because of other things, like he's not to that stage or other practical suitability reasons, but she wouldn't be doing him if he wasn't attractive physically to him. Just like she wasn't doing you.

You are the deceitful one in this relationship. You're the one who pretended to be chill just so she would allow you to lurk around her, and you are the one who didn't face reality and let three years go by on this dead-end road. You are very disrespectful about women. You think they're so stupid you can just trick them into having sex with you or they're so weak you can wear them down to settle for you, and you don't even find value in them except for physical things, and you also are delusional about them in the extreme if you were able to not see in three years AND after her letting you know that she was not romantically interested in you. You have no respect that she is capable of making the right choices for herself. I'm sure the longer she got to know you, the more often she thought, "Dodged a bullet there."

If you don't wake up and start dealing with reality going forward, this is going to keep happening to you.

• Like 4

omg preraph...bravo !!!!

I always assume guys I meet are getting some somewhere....after all we are all in this dating game!

I have a FWB - would I tell the guys I am going on dates with? NOooo. Would I tell my guy friends?? Noooo.... It's no ones business but mine and his. If I get into a relationship, then yes, our FWB will stop. What difference does it make if I am single?

This woman was single. She wasn't celibate. She had her needs met for 5 years. You can not assume thats why she didn't want to sleep with you. I bet she has slept with many other guys in that 5 years too. I have a friend who once said to me he didn't know how I could go so long without sex...because we hang out a lot and I guess he assumed since I never talked about it with him and he never saw guys at my place that I wasn't getting any? Newsflash...I was getting a lot of sex... just wasn't anyones damn business.

She wasn't into you sexually. Sure she saw you as a friend, a good friend. I mean you went and picked up her dry cleaning? Why....so you could get in her good books and get into her pants. She just thinks you are a really good friend. Maybe she is using you, but after all you persisted for 3 years.

You dont have to get all butthurt with the forum because you dont want to hear the truth.

• Like 5
Although I disagree, I want to thank you for your opinion!

Why do you disagree? What makes you think that you deserve to know about her sex life?

• Author

OK! Here's the deal! Since you all can't get past this, "she's just not into you" thing, which has never been the point of my thread at all, I went back and looked at some old text messages on an old phone from when we first met. I want to be very accurate here!

Paraphrasing here but it basically goes like this: Wally, It's not you so please don't take it personally, I just don't want to get involved with ANYONE right now, I don't care WHO they are... And sure enough, she didn't!

Now, I know what all you girls are going to say! That's just her way of saying, "she's just not into you"! To which I say BULL****!

After hearing her talk about what a raging lunatic her X was, and how he was holding all her personal possessions hostage from her at the time, and all the crazy schemes she was talking about to get them back, this kinda made sense to me. I've been there too, where I didn't want to get involved with anyone at the time! Problem was, she was involved with someone! Her FWB guy!

I know the time line of going back to 5 years with FWB guy is kinda confusing. Perhaps she's just confused or mistaken about the time line, or perhaps she had the FWB guy WHILE with her X. Who knows?

I do not consider a FWB being involved with someone. She made it clear she didn't want a relationship and that is all.

What do you want now? To move forward or just rant?

• Like 1

Hahaha the old "it's not you, it's me line"

And I guess she still wasn't ready for you, that's why she had an active online dating account.

And come on, you said yourself that you have had FWB. So why are you so confused as to how these things work?

When you have a FWB, you are still single! You aren't "with" someone. You aren't in a relationship with them. You don't do "couples" things with them. You have sex with them. It's to scratch an itch. It's so you don't have to go without sex while still dating and looking for someone you DO want to be in a relationship with.

Maybe it's your age? The younger set is more used to this.

I would much rather have a FWB while single then ONS and casual sex with randoms while dating. And celibacy? :lmao::lmao: yeah, no, not when you can have a FWB.

• Like 1

Paraphrasing here but it basically goes like this: Wally, It's not you so please don't take it personally, I just don't want to get involved with ANYONE right now, I don't care WHO they are... And sure enough, she didn't!

Now, I know what all you girls are going to say! That's just her way of saying, "she's just not into you"! To which I say BULL****!

After hearing her talk about what a raging lunatic her X was, and how he was holding all her personal possessions hostage from her at the time, and all the crazy schemes she was talking about to get them back, this kinda made sense to me. I've been there too, where I didn't want to get involved with anyone at the time! Problem was, she was involved with someone! Her FWB guy!

Because her ex was a lunatic and because your ego was a bit high, YOU chose to think that if she ever gets over this, then "Here am I, ready and waiting. I am no lunatic, I am a great guy, OF COURSE she will be interested in me, what's not to like?"

BUT because she was "abused", hurt and damaged didn't mean she was going to turn to the first "nice guy" that showed up and she didn't, did she? She already had a contingency plan drawn up before she even met you.

YOU became the friend she needed and no doubt she was a good friend to you too.

It was possible for her to be hurt, damaged and abused and not "into you" but you refused to see that, refused to countenance that. I guess your "player" ego is still alive and kicking. Irresistible to women...

YOU thought friend, potential friend with benefits, potential gf... only a matter of time... SHE simply thought friend.

You just weren't listening to her, as you had your own agenda and plans for her future drawn up.

We all need friends, I suggest you try and build some bridges here.

• Like 1
  • Author
You were running a scam on this woman, making up God knows what all kinds of excuses for why "it" wasn't happening. You have no idea if she's been dating or not because she has been tastefully private about that up until when you tried to make her jealous by telling her about your date. If she hasn't found a serious relationship in 3 years, that means nothing except that it's hard to find the right person, really hard. I certainly went years in between any serious relationships and sometimes years in between casual ones. Most women aren't like men, where they'll take what they can get if they can't get what they want because they're not that desperate sexually. If she's got an FWB, I bet he's hot. He's probably not anyone she considers marriage material because of other things, like he's not to that stage or other practical suitability reasons, but she wouldn't be doing him if he wasn't attractive physically to him. Just like she wasn't doing you.

You are the deceitful one in this relationship. You're the one who pretended to be chill just so she would allow you to lurk around her, and you are the one who didn't face reality and let three years go by on this dead-end road. You are very disrespectful about women. You think they're so stupid you can just trick them into having sex with you or they're so weak you can wear them down to settle for you, and you don't even find value in them except for physical things, and you also are delusional about them in the extreme if you were able to not see in three years AND after her letting you know that she was not romantically interested in you. You have no respect that she is capable of making the right choices for herself. I'm sure the longer she got to know you, the more often she thought, "Dodged a bullet there."

If you don't wake up and start dealing with reality going forward, this is going to keep happening to you.

I wasn't the deceitful one at all, she was! I always told her in no uncertain terms: Look, I'm not going to apologies for being a straight, heterosexual male! I am not your GAY guy friend, and I am not your girlfriend, and I will never, repeat, NEVER go shopping with you! So if that's what you're looking for, I'm the wrong person and perhaps you should just move along! She didn't!

off topic commentary ~T
I wasn't the deceitful one at all, she was! I always told her in no uncertain terms: Look, I'm not going to apologies for being a straight, heterosexual male! I am not your GAY guy friend, and I am not your girlfriend, and I will never, repeat, NEVER go shopping with you! So if that's what you're looking for, I'm the wrong person and perhaps you should just move along! She didn't!

!

Yes, but you apparently didn't hit on her for three years, so why on earth would she think you were more than a friend?

If a guy is continually rubbing himself up on my leg then I get the message he wants to have sex with me, but of he is hanging around "as a friend", then I will treat him "as a friend".

I am well aware heterosexual men often have an agenda as far as women are concerned and if the unwanted sexual agenda all gets too much then I will move on, but if he is merely acting like any other friend then I will treat him as a friend too.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes, but you apparently didn't hit on her for three years, so why on earth would she think you were more than a friend?

If a guy is continually rubbing himself up on my leg then I get the message he wants to have sex with me, but of he is hanging around "as a friend", then I will treat him "as a friend".

I am well aware heterosexual men often have an agenda as far as women are concerned and if the unwanted sexual agenda all gets too much then I will move on, but if he is merely acting like any other friend then I will treat him as a friend too.

Where on the hell did you read I didn't hit on her in three years! Of course I did! I may not been as brutal about it as I may have otherwise been at certain times, and that's what I mean by having held back some!

If I had a dollar for every women who told be she just wanted to be friends who I later turned around and banged many times, well, I could buy as both a six pack of beer, that's for sure!