Will I ever be his #1?

jennifernyc84

• Author
jennifernyc84

Hi all.

Today was nice, catching up with family.

I'm still feeling empowered, but a little jealous that he gets to spend Christmas all happy, exchanging gifts with her and their son, while I'm here, trying to steal a few moments here and there, that don't sting so bad.

I know this sounds absolutely horrible and childish of me, but right now I don't care how I sound. I want to rip his world to shreads. I want him to feel the pain that I have felt. I want every part of him to hurt so badly, and have him know that the only thing that can stop that pain, is the same thing that's causing it.

I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I promised that I wouldn't be so weak anymore. I want revenge.

Is what I'm feeling normal/common? Is this part of the process? I know it isn't right.

My Ex Wife asked me how I felt about her after the divorce. My response, "Honey, you're just version 1.0 and I just upgraded".

That's my mentality. Did I find someone else? Nope. I gained my freedom. And that was an upgrade to me.

Yes it is normal to feel like taking revenge. Somebody once wrote that Revenge is a dish best served cold. Pause and think about how many others you would be tearing to shreds and if they deserve it. Seriously, it is childish to want to destroy others because of what you have done.

You and MM put yourselves into the A. His family didn't choose to be.

Poppy.

• Like 2
HeCantBreakMe
Hi all.

Today was nice, catching up with family.

I'm still feeling empowered, but a little jealous that he gets to spend Christmas all happy, exchanging gifts with her and their son, while I'm here, trying to steal a few moments here and there, that don't sting so bad.

I know this sounds absolutely horrible and childish of me, but right now I don't care how I sound. I want to rip his world to shreads. I want him to feel the pain that I have felt. I want every part of him to hurt so badly, and have him know that the only thing that can stop that pain, is the same thing that's causing it.

I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I promised that I wouldn't be so weak anymore. I want revenge.

Is what I'm feeling normal/common? Is this part of the process? I know it isn't right.

Yes with the newness of ending everything, this emotion is totally normal.. you are hurting and you are angry, you are imagining him running off into the sunset happy as can be with her at his side while your heart is in shreds on the floor..... focus on your healing and not your next move with or for him..

But again I think all of us OW have at one time or another had that same vision as you are having.. eventually you will stop caring what he is or isn't doing and that is relief beyond him suffering with you.

• Author
jennifernyc84

It's not that I care what he's doing. (Ok, maybe I do a little)

But I feel it's not fair for him to just go back to his life like nothing ever happened, and I'm struggling for any bit of "happiness" I can find day to day.

I understand that I am responsible for my own actions, but shouldn't he pay a little too? He was the one that started all this. He knew how I felt about him. He played me. He saw an opportunity and he took it.

I can't believe he would do that. I didn't ever think he would do that to me. He said he loved me. I really believed him.

What you are thinking about doing is telling his wife isn't it?

Because he should suffer too right?

But The deeper reason you want to tell her is because it will draw HIM back int your world

This is your heart trying to sabotage you. Don't let it.

She didn't win. She's got a cheating husband.

Don't get drawn back in.

• Like 6
  • Author
jennifernyc84
What you are thinking about doing is telling his wife isn't it?

Because he should suffer too right?

But The deeper reason you want to tell her is because it will draw HIM back int your world

This is your heart trying to sabotage you. Don't let it.

She didn't win. She's got a cheating husband.

Don't get drawn back in.

You are absolutely right.

I want him to suffer but if he were to call me and say he's single right now, I'd jump right to it.

And it's true,. He's a lying cheating pig. I know she didn't really win. But she's got something that I want.

I see him giving her the life I want. I did not want the life he has given me.

I don't enjoy watching him take care of his family while I'm all alone.

During hurricane sandy. I was all alone for the worse storm the city has ever had. I lost power for 3 or 4 days. I was scared. He was there to comfort her. But not me. I didn't even get a phone call.

There were lots of things like that.

I get the horny guy who likes to act out his fetishes and have rough, hard, fast sex. while she gets the gentle loving man I've always wanted.

Best of both worlds for him. I'm starting to realize that now. I didn't before because I was so drunk in love. But I'm seeing it now. Does it still hurt? Oh god yes! Worse than it ever did. That's what makes me so mad. He's not even hurting at all. Neither is she.

Only me. I don't feel like it's fair.

• Like 2

Thoughts of revenge, of contacting his wife, etc. are absolutely normal. But as others here have already said; don't act upon them. If you do, you will regret it later - all of us here *know* this.

aileD is spot on; both in her observation that your underlying motivation for contacting her is as a pretext for re-engaging with him - this is the addiction exerting its grip on you - as well as her observation that neither he nor she has in any way 'won' anything.

Moreover, he's hurting too right now - badly so - but the two of you can do *nothing* to soothe one another without ultimately perpetuating it and so making matters worse. Nothing, that is, other than continued and committed NC.

Instead, hold onto this thought: with this experience eventually behind you, you will find that you are in a *much* better place than he is; free to move on, your dignity intact, wiser about yourself, your strength, what you want in life, etc. and *in a position to go find it*.

He, however, will likely not. He's f**d up his life badly, lost his opportunity to move forward with you, raised his marriage to the ground, yet must now live amongst its rubble *every single day*.

I would not trade places with this man for anything in the world.

Edited by cloche
  • Like 3

I want him to suffer but if he were to call me and say he's single right now, I'd jump right to it.

And it's true,. He's a lying cheating pig. I know she didn't really win. But she's got something that I want.

During hurricane sandy. I was all alone for the worse storm the city has ever had. I lost power for 3 or 4 days. I was scared. He was there to comfort her. But not me. I didn't even get a phone call.

I get the horny guy who likes to act out his fetishes and have rough, hard, fast sex. while she gets the gentle loving man I've always wanted.

Best of both worlds for him. I'm starting to realize that now. I didn't before because I was so drunk in love. But I'm seeing it now. Does it still hurt? Oh god yes! Worse than it ever did. That's what makes me so mad. He's not even hurting at all. Neither is she.

Harsh truth: Even if you tell her she will STILL have soemthing you want because he is not going to choose you. He continuously has not chosen you.

You will end up with hatred from him which will hurt you even more and delay your healing

It will bring more drama into your life and make you feel more worthless than you do, because he is going to choose his family over you.

Let it go. You're free, don't bring chaos back

The best revenge is living well.

• Like 2

Yes not uncommon, you thought you were giving him just what he wanted in bed so that he would choose you, the sexually adventurous one; but he was only using you to act out his fantasies, the stuff his wife wouldn't do or he wouldn't ask her to do as those things do not befit "a wife".

Seems to me that many married men like rough sex with their OW. They like the feeling of hurting her, the power it gives them and whilst some are just expressing their sexuality, I think some may enjoy it because it has a deeper and darker meaning for them.

Guilt, frustration, revenge, power, misogyny etc. are things perhaps that can only really be expressed for some in the confines of a secret relationship with a woman who will accept almost anything to have him in her life.

The OW often reports that her MM is "cruel" to her, I think in many cases it is intentional.

• Like 3

The question to ask yourself is this:

Is he not hurting because he just went back to his "happy life", or is he not hurting because he is INCAPABLE of the depth of emotion you have? I mean - this is a guy who thinks nothing of using you, then going back and lying to his family, living a completely double-life. No guilt or remorse. No pain over all the people he is hurting and lying to. He just got what he wanted and didn't care.

If he is a sociopath or has an extremely low EQ, he just may not feel this kind of pain.

So getting revenge wouldn't hurt him. It would just put a temporary nail in the road he'd have to drive over. Then he would beg his wife for forgiveness, lie to her, make promises, and go back to her. Or he'd move on and find some new honey to lie to. OR - WORST CASE OF ALL - he'd run to you AND find some new honey to lie to YOU about. Because you know he would. You'd never trust him.

He will NEVER be who you want him to be.

You have to understand that it would be the worst case scenario for him to run to you.

And you have to get to a place where if he did, you would tell him to go away. I know it hurts. But you have to go through it.

• Like 2

Oh but yes - wanting revenge is perfectly normal.

You need to redirect yourself and find other things to focus on. He's not worth your energy.

I know how you feel. Even though we ended a year ago (I ended it) there was a D-day a few days ago and he threw me under the bus and made it seem like I was the pursuer. Right now I'm honestly feeling a bit vengeful and also angry yet wistful for our time together.

Regarding your original question:

"Will I ever be his #1?"

The answer is no, because only he can be his #1.

That will never change, because it's hardwired into his core personality.

Take care.

• Like 3

"Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong, but you just breathe, walk away and let life take care of them"

• Like 4
MidnightBlue1980

While I am not once to get all religious, I did think of these a lot.

Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God's wrath. For it is written: "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord." Romans 12:19

Be at peace and do the right thing. It is not your place to judge anyone or enact justice. Everything comes to light in its due time.

But it is important to remember, we did choose this path. The most powerful 5 words in the English language: I Am Not A Victim.

If you choose to be a Victim, you feel powerless and helpless, you invite despair into your life. You are not a victim, you have free will and free choice. You can decide today, I choose my fate. I choose myself.

• Like 6

But it is important to remember, we did choose this path. The most powerful 5 words in the English language: I Am Not A Victim.

If you choose to be a Victim, you feel powerless and helpless, you invite despair into your life. You are not a victim, you have free will and free choice. You can decide today, I choose my fate. I choose myself.

Wow I screen shotted this and am going to use it as my phone lock screen. Thank you for these words as they resonate with me

• Like 2
It's not that I care what he's doing. (Ok, maybe I do a little)

But I feel it's not fair for him to just go back to his life like nothing ever happened, and I'm struggling for any bit of "happiness" I can find day to day.

I understand that I am responsible for my own actions, but shouldn't he pay a little too? He was the one that started all this. He knew how I felt about him. He played me. He saw an opportunity and he took it.

I can't believe he would do that. I didn't ever think he would do that to me. He said he loved me. I really believed him.

It isn't up to you decide that. Karma will bite him someday.

Just do your best to focus on yourself and make yourself care less about him, his life/marriage and if he's suffering or not. Really it doesn't matter at all, this is your ego wanting to know and ego is what don't want right now.

Put him out of your mind and enjoy the holidays with your family!

• Like 1
While I am not once to get all religious, I did think of these a lot.

Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God's wrath. For it is written: "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord." Romans 12:19

Be at peace and do the right thing. It is not your place to judge anyone or enact justice. Everything comes to light in its due time.

Powerful words Blue.

We should all take note.

Poppy

• Like 3

Thank you for this, Blue.

Please, *keep posting*

MidnightBlue1980
Thank you for this, Blue.

Please, *keep posting*

Wow, okay. I really didn't think my posting was different than all the rest. My story is the same sad old story. But sure, I always like a break from my work.

• Like 2
  • Author
jennifernyc84

Good morning everyone, hope you had a merry Christmas.

I just got home, and there was a delivery at the front desk for me. 2 dozen roses and a broadway play ticket. Take a lucky guess who from...I'm guessing he has the second ticket. Unless he's sending me alone lol. The card just said merry Christmas to my girl please call me love Josh.

I feel like my heart is in my throat and my stomach has butterflies.

I need help remember why this would be a bad idea, because right now, it feels like the only way I'd want to spend the night and I'm counting the minutes.

I am not anywhere near this strong.

I just got home, and there was a delivery at the front desk for me. 2 dozen roses and a broadway play ticket. Take a lucky guess who from...I'm guessing he has the second ticket. Unless he's sending me alone lol. The card just said merry Christmas to my girl please call me love Josh.

They may look like roses and a ticket to a play, but they're really a dagger pointed at your heart.

Take care.

Edited by Satu
Good morning everyone, hope you had a merry Christmas.

I feel like my heart is in my throat and my stomach has butterflies.

I need help remember why this would be a bad idea, because right now, it feels like the only way I'd want to spend the night and I'm counting the minutes.

I am not anywhere near this strong.

Unless he's told her he wants a divorce, he's really messing with your heart here.

Of course I imagine those roses warmed your heart, it's only natural, but at what price. He's not respecting your wishes to keep NC. He's calling you 'his girl', while he he has a wife. So he has 2 girls, or his wife isn't his girl.

Consider either mailing the ticket back to him or just don't go. That's a really low move of him trying to get to see you.

Stay strong Jenn. Don't let him do this to you anymore. Let that be your new years resolution.

Bittersweetie

Jenn-

Here's how it will go. You will go out with him tonight. And it will be amazing! And wonderful! And fun! He will say and do all the things you want and need.

Then you will wake up tomorrow. And you will feel like the biggest turd in the world. Lowest of the low. You will say, why did I go? Why did I let myself get sucked in again? He is with her today. He spent Christmas with his wife. What the heck am I doing??

You have the power to control your life. Do you want to live honestly and authentically with personal integrity? Or do you want to continue to be disrespected, undervalued? It is your choice.

Stay strong. Do not go. Say no.

• Like 4