Drinks at my place! [update: Holiday Season]

Forever broken

Take care Poppy. Your advice on this forum has been a blessing the short time I have been here. Hope one day, i get to reach where you are now. I wish you all the best. Be safe Poppy.

• Like 1
Onlywhenitrains
Hello Everyone,

The time has come for me to bid farewell to you the board and all you lovely, supportive people.

Visiting here gave me comfort when there is nobody else to talk to. Being in an A is an isolating experience and the loneliest place the OW will ever be.

After 30 weeks NC , reading and posting here seems to be dragging me back to the past where I do not wish to go. I am done with xMM so do not need any reminders of him.

NC has been a long hard road and it would be stupid of me to think I am at the end. There are still times I miss him badly . He was, sadly, a huge part of my world for 8 years. Realising my part in his world was miniscule, helped me keep my resolve.

Go NC , keep NC and never look back to that dark time when you allowed yourself to become something less than you really are. There is NO other way.

Warmest wishes

Poppy.

Poppy,

We will miss you greatly, but your reasons for leaving are reasonable.

Wishing you all the best!!!

• Like 2
GollumsNightmare

All my best, Poppy. I don't post anymore, but I read here often. I know you have been through a lot, but you have done such a good job getting out of infidelity. I wish you peace.

• Like 1

Blessings to you, Poppy47. Thank you for your advice you have graciously provided. I have read your threads and watched as you grew strong. Although there will be painful moments, you will get through. May life be good to you and maybe one day you can come back and update us. You are an inspiration.

• Like 1
Grapesofwrath

Atta girl, Poppy! This is a healthy step for you. Keep moving forward in your well-deserved peace. Only the best for you now.

Good luck Poppy! I feel that you have been one of the people doing the long walk to recovery with me. Thanks for all the support. Have a wonderful life!

HadMeOverABarrel

Dearest Poppy,

You have truly been an inspiration! Congratulations on your resolve and success. Eight years is a long time and would take great strength to break any habit let alone an affair! Your example has helped many of us here. I wish you light, joy, peace, love, and all the greatest blessings life offers. (((((Bear Hugs to Poppy))))

This is a major accomplishment, Poppy! Feel good! You deserve it! You'll be missed.

Congrats on coming so far. 30 weeks is a long time. I understand what you said about the memories pulling you in the wrong direction. I am new here and not quite at full NC yet. Im trying to get there. Your posts are truly inspiring and I appreciate your words that I come across as I continue to search these threads for support and answers.

Good luck in all you ever do.

Peace,

Jade

starswewillnavigate

Poppy... good luck and wishing you a very happy future. Your posts have been inspirational, I'm sure it gives us a lot of hope that there is a world beyond the A. Take good care of yourself and thank you for all your advice xx

Poppy I've only recently joined LS however, I have read many of your threads. You have helped me and so many others I'm sure. All the best, you deserve it.

like a few others here i too am new but have benefitted from your experience and wisdom.

best of luck on the rest of journey, poppy. you deserve a carefree and happy life.

stay strong, stay NC.

support others, and tell your story. But, after awhile it feels like it just keeps opening new wounds. Keep flying and doing the best for YOU. xoxo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Just checking in. I see a few new names here and some old ones.

At almost 8 months NC, I am still a mess. Now I am feeling that I have taken on his personality traits over the years I knew him. It probably isn't so, but after 8 years I feel so damaged and disgusting.

It is a new phase... anyone who is contemplating infidelity, please read and heed.

Poppy.

• Like 3
Just checking in. I see a few new names here and some old ones.

At almost 8 months NC, I am still a mess. Now I am feeling that I have taken on his personality traits over the years I knew him. It probably isn't so, but after 8 years I feel so damaged and disgusting.

It is a new phase... anyone who is contemplating infidelity, please read and heed.

Poppy.

Oh Poppy.. it is really a long road to recovery, I was so happy for you a few weeks ago when you posted you were doing good. I cannot understand why we cannot move on, I have ponder on that question many times myself. It is good you are posting here. We all support you.. take care xx

• Like 1

Poppy,

Its time you dust yourself. He let go, you should do it too.

I am in 6 weeks NC, i know the pain. We live our lifes thinking about whats and whys.. on the A, as if we have weeks months and years to just to throw away. May be we dont!.. One life and you never know until when.

:). Erase the past, dont live in it. Learn and leave.

• Like 1