Wife of 9 years Cheated for last three years

aus_avi2000

You know friends What hurts the most? It is loosing that loving feeling towards her and loosing that blind trust towards her. That was love for me...My soulmate and more...Sad it wont be the same ever....No matter how hard she tries....Something inside me is just dead...

...Even now she is just the same just more dedicated to make up to me and to save the marriage...But inside I know I just cant be same with her for I don't trust her and the scars are too deep and fresh

This says it about as well as anything. Yes, that was it for me, too. I thought the vow, unique to the two of us, was responsible for that loving feeling and blind trust. Instead, it created a veil over my eyes. I couldn't see he'd never known it.

The only thing that saved him - the only thing that could save him - was his own self-loathing for what he'd become. Ultimately he wants to die a good man and knows fidelity and love for one woman are part of that. He's turned the corner, but we're working on that loving feeling. The possibility of cheating and, therefore, trust are no longer relevant—not because of me or his love for me but because he couldn't stand the rejection of his family and his children.

• Like 2