My Real Dilemma, What Would You Do?

Interesting that I would be meeting so many doctors on this site. I was just in New York meeting with a group of Manhattan doctors that are looking to invest in our company. I am involved in bringing a new medical product to market, a product that will make it safer for care givers. Thank you for the cabbage tip, I will try it. Do you use bacon in your recipe?

Safer for caregivers.... of elderly people? Disabled people? Curious, but I realize this isn't the place to give details. I can imagine there would be great interest in that, as caregiver support is becoming increasingly more important as you know. That is intriguing. Do you have a medical background?

I make cabbage rolls with and without bacon. I know the original Ukrainian recipes tend to have bacon or some kind of cured meat. The recipe my mom (and grandmother) used did not have bacon, but I like them both ways. I even have a recipe without meat (don't prefer that one). Do you use bacon in yours?

• Author
Safer for caregivers.... of elderly people? Disabled people? Curious, but I realize this isn't the place to give details. I can imagine there would be great interest in that, as caregiver support is becoming increasingly more important as you know. That is intriguing. Do you have a medical background?

I make cabbage rolls with and without bacon. I know the original Ukrainian recipes tend to have bacon or some kind of cured meat. The recipe my mom (and grandmother) used did not have bacon, but I like them both ways. I even have a recipe without meat (don't prefer that one). Do you use bacon in yours?

Quiet Storm it's a delivery system that protects the person administering the medication. It has taken us 20 years to develop the product to the point that it is commercially viable. We are in the final stages of getting our FDA and CA approvals. Don't really want to say much more about it on this public forum other then doctor's and nurses will be very happy it is available with all the HIV, hepatitis A, B threats that are out there.

I do use bacon but am intrigued about using the cabbage water to flavor the rice as I was using chicken stock and a little bacon fat. Your method sounds healthier. Can you share your recipe? You can also private message it to me if you are more comfortable doing that.

Quiet Storm it's a delivery system that protects the person administering the medication. It has taken us 20 years to develop the product to the point that it is commercially viable. We are in the final stages of getting our FDA and CA approvals. Don't really want to say much more about it on this public forum other then doctor's and nurses will be very happy it is available with all the HIV, hepatitis A, B threats that are out there.

I do use bacon but am intrigued about using the cabbage water to flavor the rice as I was using chicken stock and a little bacon fat. Your method sounds healthier. Can you share your recipe? You can also private message it to me if you are more comfortable doing that.

For some reason I don't seem to have access to the PM system. I will see if I can get that resolved and PM it to you.

I have about a million questions about your product (don't worry I won't ask them :) ) It's fascinating. One of the things I find most impressive is that you started developing this product two decades ago, before a lot of the risk about hepatitis was in the forefront. Although of course HIV was an issue then. I am really curious how you came up with the idea and more about the product itself; I hope to be able to read about it when it hits the market.

I thought about making cabbage rolls tonight but I have gotten out of the habit of cooking just for me. I would rather cook for other people. I am intrigued that you develop you own spice rubs. How do you get it perfect - trial and error? Or do you just intuitively know what works well together? Do you cook a lot? I want to go to culinary school just for the experience; I love cooking. I just bought a Big Green Egg and am learning how to use it. Fabulous on meats.

I'm sorry to take your thread off topic. I hope you hold out for someone who will love you for you. You have so much to offer. I have dated way too many ignorant duds so you can trust me on that one.

• Like 1
For some reason I don't seem to have access to the PM system. I will see if I can get that resolved and PM it to you.

You are too new. You have to have been here something akin to thirty days and 50-some posts.

• Author

I have about a million questions about your product (don't worry I won't ask them :) ) It's fascinating. One of the things I find most impressive is that you started developing this product two decades ago, before a lot of the risk about hepatitis was in the forefront. Although of course HIV was an issue then. I am really curious how you came up with the idea and more about the product itself; I hope to be able to read about it when it hits the market.

I thought about making cabbage rolls tonight but I have gotten out of the habit of cooking just for me. I would rather cook for other people. I am intrigued that you develop you own spice rubs. How do you get it perfect - trial and error? Or do you just intuitively know what works well together? Do you cook a lot? I want to go to culinary school just for the experience; I love cooking. I just bought a Big Green Egg and am learning how to use it. Fabulous on meats.

I'm sorry to take your thread off topic. I hope you hold out for someone who will love you for you. You have so much to offer. I have dated way too many ignorant duds so you can trust me on that one.

I will be happy to discuss it with you when you have made it to your 50 posts. I prefer not to disclose information that will identify me as I am known and a key person in the company. You will read about it in your industry.

I started making my own spice blends when I couldn't find a really good jambalaya spice blend, that's the one I get asked the most for. Mine is pretty good. Que c' est Big Green Egg?

Hmm, Alive, I think I live quite close to you and the oil capital of Canada.

What is it you are looking for? A travel companion or a love partner who loves (and is free) to travel?

On-line ads are probably not the answer. Too many fakes and frauds to sort through and hey, we're not getting any younger. Yes, many of those young gals are looking for financial security. Their 'love' is conditional.

Put the word out through friends and family. Maybe keep the money talk under wraps until you meet a woman who ignites your interest. There are a lot of ladies in this area that are genuine and would love to have a man like you. You WILL find her....

My (Ukrainian) grandmother's tried and true cabbage roll recipe only boiled rice in cabbage water, never chicken stock or with bacon fat. They were to die for.

• Like 1
You are too new. You have to have been here something akin to thirty days and 50-some posts.

Thank you CarrieT. I appreciate the information.

I will be happy to discuss it with you when you have made it to your 50 posts. I prefer not to disclose information that will identify me as I am known and a key person in the company. You will read about it in your industry.

I started making my own spice blends when I couldn't find a really good jambalaya spice blend, that's the one I get asked the most for. Mine is pretty good. Que c' est Big Green Egg?

Thank you aliveagain. I certainly did not expect you to disclose any more information than you already did. I am looking forward to finding out more about it.

Ahhh, French, and languages are one of the other things I absolutely love.

Google 'Big Green Egg'. It's a ceramic grill, smoker, etc. It is awesome.

• Like 1
  • Author
Hmm, Alive, I think I live quite close to you and the oil capital of Canada.

What is it you are looking for? A travel companion or a love partner who loves (and is free) to travel?

On-line ads are probably not the answer. Too many fakes and frauds to sort through and hey, we're not getting any younger. Yes, many of those young gals are looking for financial security. Their 'love' is conditional.

Put the word out through friends and family. Maybe keep the money talk under wraps until you meet a woman who ignites your interest. There are a lot of ladies in this area that are genuine and would love to have a man like you. You WILL find her....

My (Ukrainian) grandmother's tried and true cabbage roll recipe only boiled rice in cabbage water, never chicken stock or with bacon fat. They were to die for.

Maybe a combination of both. Relationships take time to build and in all honesty I haven't really been looking too hard. I do not frequent bars and hate going to the upscale wine bars where all the fake wannabe's hang out looking for someone to rescue them. I admit, my main focus for the last few years has be on the development of the business. The ladies I did meet were and are all to young. Haven't painted anything in months. I stayed up past I:00 am last night tiding up my house so the lady that cleans my place doesn't thing I'm messy, weird, I know. Are you in Alberta? Rice in cabbage water must be the way to go, thank you.

Mr. Lucky as strange as this sounds, my best friends are all women and my best travels have always been with women.

Why don't you take one of them?

You get on well, they are your best friends so you know they are trust worthy...

• Author
Why don't you take one of them?

You get on well, they are your best friends so you know they are trust worthy...

Toodaloo I probably will but not long term trips. One I think is trustworthy the other I am not too sure about.

Toodaloo I probably will but not long term trips. One I think is trustworthy the other I am not too sure about.

So you don't even trust your friends...

I don't have many people I consider to be true friends but those I do I would trust completely with my life, bank account etc.

Its a shame that you do not have anyone like that.

• Author
So you don't even trust your friends...

I don't have many people I consider to be true friends but those I do I would trust completely with my life, bank account etc.

Its a shame that you do not have anyone like that.

The friend I refer to is an absolute knock out and no matter where I've gone with her she makes sure that every man, woman and child knows it. Just an example, we went to a blues place a few months ago. The entire band joined our table, even when we went outside to get some air and look at the stars, they followed us out and sat with us outside. On two occasions, both at my home(diner parties) she had a little too much wine. She offered me a threesome with the man she came with. I never know what she is going to do next and she doesn't wait for me to invite her over, she invites herself.

The friend I refer to is an absolute knock out and no matter where I've gone with her she makes sure that every man, woman and child knows it. Just an example, we went to a blues place a few months ago. The entire band joined our table, even when we went outside to get some air and look at the stars, they followed us out and sat with us outside. On two occasions, both at my home(diner parties) she had a little too much wine. She offered me a threesome with the man she came with. I never know what she is going to do next and she doesn't wait for me to invite her over, she invites herself.

Well I don't wait for invites I just turn up at my friends houses. I haven't asked anyone for a threesome recently though!!!

So you like her because she is unexpected and thrilling and exciting and easy on the eye. You can get that with less promiscuous women as well...

• Author
Well I don't wait for invites I just turn up at my friends houses. I haven't asked anyone for a threesome recently though!!!

So you like her because she is unexpected and thrilling and exciting and easy on the eye. You can get that with less promiscuous women as well...

Just to be clear, I never let the threesomes happen because she wasn't in the right state of mind and I would never let someone take advantage of a friend that way. I think all relationships need a bit of the unexpected, thrills and people that take care of themselves(I don't mean just physically but in appearance too) are always pleasing on the eye. I was the only man at the salon having my nails trimmed and buffed this last trip to New York. The ladies were all oriental and I think talking about me in their language. I had so much fun with them.

Maybe a combination of both. Relationships take time to build and in all honesty I haven't really been looking too hard. I do not frequent bars and hate going to the upscale wine bars where all the fake wannabe's hang out looking for someone to rescue them. I admit, my main focus for the last few years has be on the development of the business. The ladies I did meet were and are all to young. Haven't painted anything in months. I stayed up past I:00 am last night tiding up my house so the lady that cleans my place doesn't thing I'm messy, weird, I know. Are you in Alberta? Rice in cabbage water must be the way to go, thank you.

Yes I am in Alberta...Notley and all.

I used to clean my house for the housekeeper as well - too funny.

Did you lose your creative flow? Our gardens grow where we tend it. So if your focus is to expand the business and painting and love/travel are put aside for now, then here is where you will enjoy success. Maybe not a bad thing? That said, you never know who you will meet in this life journey.

Bars are bad places Alive...LOL.

• Author
Yes I am in Alberta...Notley and all.

I used to clean my house for the housekeeper as well - too funny.

Did you lose your creative flow? Our gardens grow where we tend it. So if your focus is to expand the business and painting and love/travel are put aside for now, then here is where you will enjoy success. Maybe not a bad thing? That said, you never know who you will meet in this life journey.

Bars are bad places Alive...LOL.

Yes, when in business mode I have a hard time being in paint mode. Good to know I am not the only crazy one who cleans their home before the cleaner gets there. I always pay her cash and leave her a nice bottle of wine to take home with her as well as a double mars bar for her 10 year old daughter. She is a single mom.

Good to know I am not the only crazy one who cleans their home before the cleaner gets there.

Doesn't everyone?

When I had a cleaner I wouldn't let her do the hall and kitchen floor because it was back breaking work (I had weird tiles so you had to literally get on hands and knees and scrub each tile in several directions to lift the dirt properly then dry them or they would smear...) and I thought it unfair that she would have to do it.

I would also clean all the loos before she came because I didn't think that was fair either...