Wife Left for Best Friend

• Author

Thank you guys for providing your input. I appreciate it and will take it all into consideration.

Finally after all this time, I received her version of the separation agreement. She is trying to take custody, every penny I have, and drown me in debt she doesn't want to be responsible for. This is unreal.

Thank you guys for providing your input. I appreciate it and will take it all into consideration.

Finally after all this time, I received her version of the separation agreement. She is trying to take custody, every penny I have, and drown me in debt she doesn't want to be responsible for. This is unreal.

In this day and age you'll get 50/50 custody and not having been married long she'll only get what the law allows.

All YOU have to do is stand up for yourself. Let your attorney handle it.

IMO you missed a big opportunity at not turning her into child services. Not to mention the welfare of your child.

The best thing for you is a hard 180.

Why? Because she enjoys playing you. Cut her off except short texts, child only.

• Like 2

Tell her good luck with all of that, it won't work.

I just finished reading through this thread, and I must say job well done, my friend. Seeing the transition you've made from being a doormat to growing an iron set of balls on you is quite impressive, well done. I'm sorry that this is happening to you but I must say I'm enjoying this thread purely for how much her lack of control and your happiness is driving her crazy! Well done!

As for her opinions of you and your actions: she is so emotionally imbalanced and devoid of any sense of morality that her opinion should not be valid to you; it is completely detached from any form of reality. You should be bulletproof to this crazy woman's words.

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get through this and come out ahead of her.

And a shout out to the people that have been helping him through this, because your help has been working for him.

• Like 1

Hi Klegacy, what does your lawyer have to say about her separation agreement? I hope you have a lawyer worth his/her salt. He/ she should give you advice like a stinger missile ready to blow up your wife's inflated dreams of sucking you dry. If not change your lawyer. He/ she is working on your retainer. You should get value for every cent you shell out!

Also do not open your self up to any verbal abuse from your wife. Keep a VAR whenever you have to confront her, on your person and record everything she has to say. Do not let her call the shots. Whenever she starts ripping into you tell her you don't have to listen to her rubbish and just walk away. Better still smile to her face and tell her to repeat that to her boyfriend and then walk away. Give her back as good as you get but only by displaying the right attitude. Do not say anything that she can quote and show you up in a bad light. Warm wishes.

• Author

My lawyer didn't even read it. Just sent it to me and asked me to see if I was okay with basically getting bulldozed. I'm trying to find a new lawyer who will actually help me.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I finally have a law firm willing to actually put the work in to help me. And I called social services yesterday about the continuous bug issue, so I'm now waiting to hear back from them.

I will be glad when this is all over. I honestly wish I could just have my son 100% of the time. She's a toxic, narcissistic sociopath and I worry for his well being.

Rose coloured glasses have been taken off, finally. I think the outrageous, aggressive crap she tried to put in her agreement finally tipped the scales in that respect. All I want now is a peaceful life with my kid, away from her crazy.

• Like 7

Hi klegacy, good for you. Keep up that spirit. You will get to where you want to go. Warm wishes.

Jersey born raised

Hire a lawyer who advises you on how to get what you want and will work to make it happen. Do not hire a lawyer who tells you what the law is, so you are stuck.

For example custody, how is custody determined? Best interest of the child is usually the gold standard. So what are the best interest of the child in the courts view point?

I finally have a law firm willing to actually put the work in to help me. And I called social services yesterday about the continuous bug issue, so I'm now waiting to hear back from them.

I will be glad when this is all over. I honestly wish I could just have my son 100% of the time. She's a toxic, narcissistic sociopath and I worry for his well being.

Rose coloured glasses have been taken off, finally. I think the outrageous, aggressive crap she tried to put in her agreement finally tipped the scales in that respect. All I want now is a peaceful life with my kid, away from her crazy.

Remember that video I sent you a while back Klegacy.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted you to see. Now you know what your dealing with...make sure these traits DO NOT get past on to your sons. Because it cannot be undone.

Also, see if the lawyer can get her checked for personality disorders.. this will help your case.

I hope so for your sake.

Make no mistake she will destroy you, your future, etc like she has destroyed your marriage and family if you don't stand up for yourself down get out of the victim/martyr mode. Woe is me won't get you out of this in one piece.

You'd better get and stay strong. You are in the fight for your life. No one is going to do this for you. You have to do it.

Pull out all the stops and quit pulling your punches. You should have jumped all over the pest issue and protected your kid upfront. You're his father!!!!

You keep waiting for the wonderful angel you thought you married to show back up. She's told and shown you who she is. Why don't you believe her?

Funny enough, that is what happened to me 4 years ago.. Except the good friend was hers... We came from planning our future, investing in big project to need space and then discover she left me to go with her best friend... and boss... I stayed with our 3 daughters who prefer to stay with me ;-) ...for a year, I was pretty confused, but went in the No contact zone right away after reading the advices given it that blog. I tried other GF, and after 4 years, I can tell you I have forgot her... I am I a 3 years relationship, my job is better than before, made new roject in life.... In her side, she was beaten by her jaleous boss after 4 months, and since, have not been in a position to stay in a relationship for more than 4 months... She is always at the same place... no change.. She tried a few times to reconnect with me but I tossed her away each time... My pleasure ;-) And you are right, the worse in the story is most of our common friends did as nothing has happened, and never blamed her In anyway. I tossed away also any single so called friends who support her and stayed with the ones who were scandalized as well... and made new friends... Life is always better that way.... it is hard in the beginning, but the winner will be you cause we always learn life from big situations. She didn't and thought she was right, so no reason to change for her.. Big mistake... so hang on, NC zone, split your friends, and make you a new life... and a better life.. She will be jaleous after a while.... good luck !

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks all.

Lawyers are doing their work. I have been informing social services each time he shows up with bites.

I have a custody question/concern that I've posted a new thread about.

[new thread: http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/separation-divorce/618947-midst-separation-divorce-custody-question ]

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
added link to new thread ~6
  • Like 1