Christianity vs. Wicca [dating compatibility]

Hi simpleNfit!

I was just curious about what people thought of the religion issue. I wasnt evaluating him as if I wanted to marry him. Since we began talking...I wasnt serious about him...I shouldve told him that

I not looking to numb any pain or disappointment I've had in the past. I truly believe that I cant heal from any of that if I dont allow myself to feel it....process it

The thing is...I'm not desperate for anything or anyone....I was 100% desperate for the past year....getting rid of that feeling is relieving

I guess I'm just tired about thinking about things so much. Anyone who has read my threads knows how much I over think. It just feels nice to not think at all

How do you think I'm being reckless? I'm not disagreeing with you at all...just curious

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but your earlier post seems to indicate that your freedom included simply going out with whomever w/o the chains of expectations. Not quite FWB, but just to hang out?! So, not to date, but just to hang out?! Have fun, but not dating fun?

Hey again Dis... I know you said you just want to have fun, be carefree and not think about a bf or a RL which I totally respect and agree with for you right now.

But just want you to think about how YOU would feel had you been really into him and looking forward to dating him...

...and after having such a great time together, wherein he pulled you close, made out with you, giving you every indication that he was into you and wanted to date you...

....the next day when you phoned him to thank him and tell him what a great time you had.... HE announced "oops sorry, not into dating anyone right now."

How would that make YOU feel?

• Like 3
  • Author
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but your earlier post seems to indicate that your freedom included simply going out with whomever w/o the chains of expectations. Not quite FWB, but just to hang out?! So, not to date, but just to hang out?! Have fun, but not dating fun?

Ya you're correct

• Author

Okay, sorry. I was a little worried that you were going rogue...;)

Lol nope! What you stated, ^^^ above ^^^ is exactly where my head is at

You actually hit the nail on the head

• Author
Hey again Dis... I know you said you just want to have fun, be carefree and not think about a bf or a RL which I totally respect and agree with for you right now.

But just want you to think about how YOU would feel had you been really into him and looking forward to dating him...

...and after having such a great time together, wherein he pulled you close, made out with you, giving you every indication that he was into you and wanted to date you...

....the next day when you phoned him to thank him and tell him what a great time you had.... HE announced "oops sorry, not into dating anyone right now."

How would that make YOU feel?

I get your point 100% and I know I messed up. I was thinking about this last night and today....wondering what he was thinking about all this

I'm going to tell him where I stand next time I talk to him

The thing is...I dont know that he's really looking for something serious right now. I know he really likes me but I dont know anything more than that

I asked him if he had been dating and he said he had but nothing panned out. I asked him why and he said the girls he dated "werent like me".....Oh (lightbulb goes off)....maybe he is taking this seriously....or maybe he just meant that the girls he dated were different than me...because he said he dated black girls and they came on to strong

At the end of the date he said, "We should do this again sometime....well if you want to" Maybe he could tell I'm not taking him that seriously so he tried to guard himself alittle

I just dont know that I'm leading him on because he seems nonchalant about his past dating history...maybe he's not taking this seriously either...but I have a feeling he might be

Either way...I know I need to tell him...I know what its like to be led on....I dont want to do that to someone else....but I guess I already did

To add to the previous statement from moderation: Although most posts have remained on topic I'll go ahead and remind everyone that this is a thread about one persons individual situation and preferences.

This is not the place to discuss the merit or details of a religion outside of what the OPs unique situation. We have plenty of threads to discuss those general topics in our Spirituality & Religious Beliefs forum.~T

LookAtThisPOst
I'm meeting up with an old acquaintance tonight.

I do not consider this a date...but I think he does. He's said he always thought I was gorgeous and gave me his number a year ago...I never called.

He reached out to me and wanted to hang out...seeing as I'm on summer break and alot of my friends are on vacation...I said yes.

If the right guy came along I'd be open to new possibilities but probably not right now...I need some time being single and to work on myself. I start therapy in a week

So I started this thread more out of curiosity than anything else

Anyway...He's a conservative Christian and I'm Wiccan.

I can honestly tell you that I'm not oppossed to Christianity ...what I cant stand is the Christians that offer up their religion unsolicited to people who have no interest in Christianity

I'm also well aware that some conservative Christians arent too fond of Wiccans

He has no idea I'm Wiccan...I dont disclose that information right off the bat

Differences in religion are usually a deal breaker right???

Or can two people accept each other's religion and make it work anyway???

Just curious about your thoughts :D

I think if a Christian dated a Wiccan, they'd probably be disowned by their own family. lol Just sayin'. But yeah, kind of way out there when it comes to compatibility. I don't think I could ever date Wiccan.

But hey, if he/she's cute, you can ignore all that, right? lol They also fall into the Goth sub-culture, right?

Not necessarily a dealbreaker. It depends on how big a part of his life Christianity actually is. I know a lot of people who grew up in a conservative Christian household but don't practice very seriously now that they're adults. Those individuals would be more likely to be accepting of their partner having different beliefs.

This is my BF. He was raised in a VERY conservative Christian religion but has gone away from it as an adult (though his family is still very immersed in it). I am non-religious.

We've had a few differences of opinion but are in agreement about how we would want to conduct our relationship so other than more discussions about religious topics than with non-religious people I've dated I haven't noticed too much of an impact.

I have sat through church a few times when his family is in town and watch them do some strange restrictions on Sabbath. Also BF still eats in line with his religious upbringing because he's used to that but other than that it hasn't really been much of an impact on our relationship.

I do know he has an ex who was an atheist and his family wasn't really happy about it but I never heard anything where they were rude to her or anything.