This is nuts. Long story ahead!

To be fair, one night I was driving and a bunch of motorcycles flew past me (I was going about 75-80) and next thing I know, I see this guy fly 20 feet in the air and slam down on the highway. He stood up and started staggering around. His arm and ankle were clearly broken but the adrenaline got him up off the ground. They had to be going at least 100mph when he crashed.

My bf was involved in a home invasion when he was 20. He was going to try his hand at selling weed and the wrong people found out and messed him up. He started carrying guns all the time and now has an impressive arsenal of unnecessary weapons.

Crazy things happen. People do crazy things.

You have to trust your gut though. I knew my bf before he became a crazy person and he's really chilled out in the right environment. He rarely ever carries anymore, has pretty much stopped jumping out of planes, laid off the heavy drinking. I know at the end of the day he may end up deciding he wants to be that crazy person again, but to write someone off as total bs because you don't think people really do those things... that's naive.

That being said, you have to weigh out pluses and minuses. I was willing to take a chance on my bf because we knew each other before all the skydiving and guns and manic behavior. I knew if he loves me enough he will temper the craziness to stay with me. If you don't have that kind of history with someone with those tendencies, you have to tread carefully. It can end up taking you to some places you didn't think you'd go.

• Like 1
  • Author

I totally know what you mean though. Just because stories sound crazy doesn't make them untrue. Honestly I have lots of stories that people have trouble believing sometimes.

See that's what I was thinking- there are three possibilities here.

1. He's telling the truth. Which means he's a little bit nuts and gambles with his life and that comes with it's own set of issues.

2. He's a liar and that's bad for obvious reasons.

3. He thinks it's all true which means he's delusional.

My friend and I were talking though and around the time he had those break-ins, I think there was a string of people breaking into homes in the Hollywood Hills looking for celebrity homes. So maybe that's what was going on. And no one wanted to kill him or whatever, they just maybe thought someone cool lived at his house. And maybe they knew he worked on a TV/movie set too. So that actually would make sense. Just not the part about him thinking people wanted to kill him.

Same friend says I should give him another chance.

On the crash question, ppl who ditch bikes at high speeds but don't run into anything but pavement might get away w nothing much more than road rash and a concussion sure, but you don't run into a tree and walk away most times. Ppl actually 'explode' at relatively low speeds ....peds hit by cars going even as low as ~40 mph can be pretty much blown up.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1