Am I right to feel hate towards my ex-girlfriend?

• Author

And just to clear things up, I'm alright now... I'm not sad and hurt but I'm not sure if I have moved on or not. It doesn't hurt, I can sleep well now, I've been doing healthy stuff, (studying at work for board exams because I never got a license, undergoing training for supervisory role, exercising, doing new hobbies like collecting rare books, stamps. But I am not sure if I am TRULY HAPPY because I am mad at her.

I WAS ALWAYS READY TO MOVE ON because back then she always kept breaking up with me. After a week or two of no contact, I was like "WELL THIS IS IT. THE FINAL GOODBYE".

AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN SHE COMES TO MY ROOM, SAYS SORRY AND TRIES TO RECONCILE. AND THEN THE WHOLE THING LOOPS.

You told us that you kept fighting for her - at least half the time. And how some of your friends encouraged you to fight for her. So don't go putting all this on her.

This is the reason I'm mad at her. All that reconciling and stuff. and this is what happens. It should have been ONE OR TWO BREAKUPS and then total NO CONTACT. we would've been fine. no hard feelings.

Yes, it should have been one or two break ups. But nobody forced you to keep putting yourself in the situation. Nobody forced you to fight for her. And of the times when she changed her mind, it didn't sound like she had to do much work to woo you back in.

My entire family badmouthing her about what she did everytime there are family gatherings (because they know about the fifteen breakups part) is not helping either... Instead of me being happy and forgetting stuff like this, it just adds fuel to the fire of my hatred.

Tell your family to stop it. Tell them that their behaviour is stopping you from moving on. If they keep up this behaviour anyway, walk out on them each time they do it.

a few weeks later when they see the posts of my ex being lovey dovey with her new bf, they go badmouthing again... And I'm tired of hearing it and it just makes me angry again...

THIS is why it's important for her to unfriend and block your family. To stop them from looking in at her. And to stop her looking at your family.

That's also PART OF THE REASON why I made that list in the first post... so that they will stop talking about her and finally forgive her and clear out any If I'm the one explaining stuff it's like they won't believe me... they are so fixated about the part of my ex cheating me before and when she found a new relationship (which she didn't cheat through me).

She doesn't need their forgiveness.

So I hope you guys understand why I made that list...

To make your life with your family easier??? Truly, your relationship with your family is not her concern.

Edited by basil67
  • Author

Tell your family to stop it. Tell them that their behaviour is stopping you from moving on. If they keep up this behaviour anyway, walk out on them each time they do it.

THIS is why it's important for her to unfriend and block your family. To stop them from looking in at her. And to stop her looking at your family.

I've told them countless times to unfriend her because I have unfriended and blocked her. I'm even starting to unfriend church members as well because everytime there are activities, I see her and her new bf attending church together. Even her family... but no... they tell me to get out of my room all of a sudden and tell me about their budding relationship... how my ex used my birthday to celebrate their first day of being officially together... they keep liking their photos... but badmouths her (ironic).

I've told them countless times to unfriend her because I have unfriended and blocked her. I'm even starting to unfriend church members as well because everytime there are activities, I see her and her new bf attending church together. Even her family... but no... they tell me to get out of my room all of a sudden and tell me about their budding relationship... how my ex used my birthday to celebrate their first day of being officially together... they keep liking their photos... but badmouths her (ironic).

Ah, Ok. When you said that she cut off all contact with you and your family members, I assumed it would include social media too. Shame she didn't take it that far.