High Functioning Alcoholic

Feel lucky if you can get out now - it's only been 10 months!

And YOU are trying to do what's right - yet he's punishing you with the silent treatment? Come on girl, this is a taste of what's to come if you stay! Every time you want what's right - he will punish you because his drinks are more important than doing the right thing.

10 months is nothing! If you stay be prepared for a lifetime of sheer hell trying to do what's right while he battles his active disease.

He's not quitting entirely - he said that. Accept it and move forward knowing you dodged a huge bullet!

Let him go make someone else worried sick - it shouldn't be you IF YOU'RE healthy!

A living man should help you to feel safe and protected at ALL times! He's not doing that! This isn't love - this's is you thinking you can control the alcohol problem and rescue the man. Life shouldn't need to look like this!

Ask yourself if you would one day choose this scenario for your daughter.... I would hope not!

• Like 2

What's the update since he found your thread here?

What are YOU going to do? Not based on what he does or doesn't do - but only based on what's best for YOU...

startinganew777

I hope she comes back. I'm sure he was pissed when he read this thread. I hope she comes to her senses and leaves him.