Age Gap, Affair, Religion, Parents

But what kind of parents would let you live in the car, because you fell in love with a wrong man? They chose to abandon you at the time you needed them to be your friends and show you some concern and support, and offer you friendly guidance. Sad. Sorry you are being treated this way. Religion or not, you are their child. You made a mistake. Should you really be punished this way for it? I would understand some things regarding religion etc, but they could have at least rented out a small flat for you until you get a job.

If she was a minor, a good parent would charge him with statutory rape but frankly, religion or not, if my 20-yr old kid was hellbent on sleeping with a married man and living in her car, I have zero sympathy. Old enough to vote = old enough to have real consequences for real stupidity. Hell NO would I be paying rent on her flat so she could shack up with her married lover. Not even close.

• Like 7
If she was a minor, a good parent would charge him with statutory rape but frankly, religion or not, if my 20-yr old kid was hellbent on sleeping with a married man and living in her car, I have zero sympathy. Old enough to vote = old enough to have real consequences for real stupidity. Hell NO would I be paying rent on her flat so she could shack up with her married lover. Not even close.

I'm not even a parent and I agree with this.

There is no way a parent should be enabling a grown adult who wants to throw away her life.

I have not read everything but here is something that you might have not heard, judging from the first page alone:

But what kind of parents would let you live in the car, because you fell in love with a wrong man? They chose to abandon you at the time you needed them to be your friends and show you some concern and support, and offer you friendly guidance. Sad. Sorry you are being treated this way. Religion or not, you are their child. You made a mistake. Should you really be punished this way for it?

The kind of parents who do not support their child having an affair with a MM for the second time would kick her out.

Friendly guidance? Seriously. She doesn't want guidance. She wants everyone to jump for joy that she's with an old man who has a wife and kids.

This is no mistake by the OP. This isn't even about religion, but no daughter of mine is going to live under my roof while she's fu*k*ng a married man. Hell No! I raised my girls to know better than that.

Far too many parents support the nonsense their kids get up to and that just gives them the go ahead to carry on.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Lois_Griffin
We both have never felt like this about anyone.

LOL...of course you haven't. You were a 21 year old barely adult when Mr. Midlife Crisis came sniffing around. What other experience could you possibly HAVE? I mean - besides the other married guy you were screwing around with. Jeez.

It would appear the OP left the building a while back.

She must have gotten her happily ever after and they've moved into a fancy new Escalade. I wish the newlyweds well.

Edited by Lois_Griffin
  • Like 1
loveisanaction
LOL...of course you haven't. You were a 21 year old barely adult when Mr. Midlife Crisis came sniffing around. What other experience could you possibly HAVE? I mean - besides the other married guy you were screwing around with. Jeez.

It would appear the OP left the building a while back.

She must have gotten her happily ever after and they've moved into a fancy new Escalade. I wish the newlyweds well.

I doubt it. The married man's wife she is shacking up with started a thread in the infidelity section, i guess that must have probably spoofed her a little.